Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins - Cowboys Game Flexed to 8:20 PM (Official Thread) (Merged x3)

kleese

Media fighting over us:

According to The Dallas Morning News, Fox and NBC are "locked in intense lobbying" to secure the rights to Week 17's matchup between the Washington Redskins and Dallas Cowboys, a game that could decide the NFC East title.

Fox -- which has aired NFC games since 1994 -- currently has the matchup on their schedule for next Sunday at 1 p.m. ET. If the game ends up deciding the NFC East, the NFL could flex it to the Sunday night slot on NBC.

That's what happened last December, when a division-deciding New York Giants-Cowboys tilt slid over to Al and Cris, much to Fox's dismay.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000114878/article/fox-nbc-vie-for-piece-of-cowboysredskins-showdown

I think NBC will win this fight. FOX already got RG3 and this match up on Thanksgiving. NBC has not had RG3 yet, every other network has.

I agree. I feel the flex percentage has dropped to 62.5 percent (all three teams win; NYG loses regardless of what us and DAL does) but if it's just these two teams for the division, it's going to prime time while if the Giants are also in the divisional mix, we may be going to 1625/4:25pm in favor of either BAL-CIN (if that division is still open) or GB-MIN (AP's record).

my 0.02

Sure seems obvious, to me, that they're gonna want to move the Skins game.

• No matter what happens, I think both teams will be in the playoff hunt
  • Romo sits to pee and RG3.
  • Two large fan bases.
  • A historical rivalry.
  • A photogenic city

I can't see any other game offering them those features.

I seriously hope the game next week stays out of SNF slot because the Michaels and Collingsworth are just enormous Dal@ss homers. Micheals calling guys by their first name, "Tony, Demarco, and "Dez" Are you FREAKING kidding me. A lot of objectivity there. Even though it probably will get flexed, I seriously hope it does doesn't.

The only other game that could be flexed is Vikings/Packers since the Pack will be fighting for a bye and the Vikes fighting for the 6th seed.

Also Peterson's pursuit of the rushing record.

If the Giants lose today, they are out of contention for the division at which point ours is a lock for SNF.

If the Giants come back and beat Baltimore, then I can see ours matching PHI-NYG at 1625/4:25pm as they can still win (if we get beat).

Peterson was 293 yards behind Dickerson's mark going into this week and rushed for only 86 yards today. The Pack, regardless of tonight's result, will remain alive/be fighting to hold the number two seed; I don't see them resting their defensive starters.

In all likelihood (and with the Giants down 20 after three), we're headed to Sunday Night.

Im predicting Vikings-Packers will be SNF and we will be flexed to 4:25. This is also my preference as well.....don't think I can wait all day for the game!!!

I hate to say it but with the pending Giants loss (down 19 with 2-1/2 to play), they are out of the division hunt and it's just us for the East. And it could very well be "win and in, lose and out" depending on other results so I expect us to be on Sunday Night.

Archived