Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins - Cowboys Game Flexed to 8:20 PM (Official Thread) (Merged x3)

kleese

This HAS to be the flex game.

The only other real option is Baltimore-Cincy. The downside is that if Baltimore-Cincy are playing for the division next weekend, it'll be because Baltimore will have lost 5 games in a row. Does NBC really want to cover that, or two teams that are playing lights out right now (us and the Cowboys are a combined 10-1 since Nov 11 and that one loss was Dallas losing to us on Thanksgiving).

Nobody cares about the Ratbirds and a team from Ohio. It better be Skins vs Pukes

I hope your right. A prime time game means a 1.30 am kick off for me.

Fox can lobby but they can't block the switch - NBC have a contractual right to flex whichever game they want as I understand it. I'd be shocked if Redskins/Cowboys is not flexed assuming we beat the Eagles Sunday.

Really? If that's the case then yeah it will be SNF. I was under the impression when the flex schedule started that FOX and CBS could block one game each week

Really? If that's the case then yeah it will be SNF. I was under the impression when the flex schedule started that FOX and CBS could block one game each week

Fox and CBS can't protect games in week 17. However one correction to my post its the NFL alone that decides the prime time game in week 17 although I'm sure a ton of lobbying from all parties goes on behind the scenes.

Yeah I think I saw somewhere they are going to announce it at halftime of this week's SNF game.

Found this on the NFL site:

"The NFL utilizes “flexible scheduling” on Sundays in Weeks 11-17. Flexible scheduling will ensure quality matchups in all NFL Sunday time slots in those weeks and give teams a chance to play their way onto primetime and into the late-afternoon 4:25 PM ET time slot on CBS and FOX.

For each of the flexible scheduling weeks with the exception of Week 17, the NFL will announce the start times of games on Sundays no later than 12 days prior to that weekend. To ensure a Sunday night game and doubleheader games with playoff implications in Week 17, the flexible scheduling decision for that Sunday may be made on six days notice."

http://nflcommunications.com/2012/12/10/week-16-flexible-scheduling/

So it seems we might not know anything until Christmas Eve (6 days before the game).

They will announce it at halftime of Seahwaks-Niners.

My personal take:

--If the Boys and Skins win = 99.9% chance for SNF

--If the Giants lose = 99.9% chance for SNF

--If Giants win and only one of either Cowboys or Redskins win = 75% chance for SNF

--If Giants win and boys and Skins lose = almost no chance for SNF

They will announce it at halftime of Seahwaks-Niners.

My personal take:

--If the Boys and Skins win = 99.9% chance for SNF

--If the Giants lose = 99.9% chance for SNF

--If Giants win and only one of either Cowboys or Redskins win = 75% chance for SNF

--If Giants win and boys and Skins lose = almost no chance for SNF

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. +1

Found this online from a guy who predicts SNF flex games:

http://sports.morganwick.com/category/football/nfl/snf-flex-scheduling-watch/

Cowboys-Redskins will be picked if: The Giants lose OR the Cowboys win.

Both teams split the season series with the Giants, but the Giants can’t finish with a division record better than 3-3, while the Cowboys-Redskins winner will pick up at least their fourth division win. The Redskins won the first game against the Cowboys and so would sweep them with a win, so even with a Cowboys win this week a loss to the Redskins would eliminate them from the division. As this is the most TV-friendly option, it seems very likely, with the caveat that the loser could still get a wild card spot, and even if this scenario doesn’t play out…

Eagles-Giants will be picked if: The Giants win AND the Cowboys and Redskins lose

which would put this scenario (scroll to the bottom) into play. As would…

Packers-Vikings could theoretically be picked if: The Vikings win AND the NFC East teams all lose

The Vikings would lose a tiebreaker to any of them but swept the Bears. But if that were to happen, the Vikings win by itself means I can’t see a scenario where the Cowboys-Redskins loser gets a playoff spot, wiping out Packers-Vikings’ one potential saving grace.

Ravens-Bengals will be picked if: The Ravens lose AND the Bengals beat the Steelers AND the Giants and Redskins win AND the Cowboys lose.

Even then, the Ravens already have a playoff spot and the Bengals-Steelers result would assure the Bengals of one too; I haven’t researched that infernal common-games tiebreaker between the Colts and Bengals, but it’s very possible this game would merely determine home-field advantage for a rematch the following week, whether as the 3-6 or 4-5 game (if New England loses out, a Ravens win in this game gives them the 3 since they beat the Pats).

If the Giants win this Sunday, then the Redskins/Cowboys game will probably be flexed to SNF. If they (Giants) lose, it will probably be flexed to an afternoon game. It doesn't matter what the Redskins or Cowboys do this Sunday because week 17 will have one of them at 9-7. Most would put their bets on the Giants beating Philly for 10-6. It's a bigger game if one is knocked out of the playoffs completely, rather than one winning the division and the other possibly getting a WC spot.

If the Giants win this Sunday, then the Redskins/Cowboys game will probably be flexed to SNF. If they (Giants) lose, it will probably be flexed to an afternoon game. It doesn't matter what the Redskins or Cowboys do this Sunday because week 17 will have one of them at 9-7. Most would put their bets on the Giants beating Philly for 10-6. It's a bigger game if one is knocked out of the playoffs completely, rather than one winning the division and the other possibly getting a WC spot.

If either of us (Skins or Girls) win on Sunday, we're headed to Sunday night as New York would not control the division. Should both of us lose, a New York victory puts them in control and we'll all be playing at 1625/4:25pm.

The other division to watch is the AFC North as it's still up for grabs. Baltimore (who hosts NYG) can clinch it with a win which would make us a lock for SNF as the East would be the only one left. Baltimore losing makes things a little more interesting for an interesting choice ...

I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but I've been wanting to ask...will there be a flex game? Because currently there is no Sunday night game scheduled.

Yes. I had the same question. Week 17 is unscheduled so they can choose the game with the most playoff bearing.

Your right, my bad... at least one of us (Skins or Girls) needs to win this Sunday for the game to move to SNF.

Redskins and Cowboys could both lose and if the Giants lose, our game will still be flexed to SNF.

The only way I don't see a flex to SNF is if both the Cowboys and Redskins lose and the Giants win. Then, our game is dependent on the Giants game vs Philly and as House said above, all games would likely be played at same time.

Redskins and Cowboys could both lose and if the Giants lose, our game will still be flexed to SNF.

The only way I don't see a flex to SNF is if both the Cowboys and Redskins lose and the Giants win. Then, our game is dependent on the Giants game vs Philly and as House said above, all games would likely be played at same time.

The big discussion over on 506 is that Fox feels the league needs to thrown them a bone after losing DAL-NYG last year. It's a legit concern as NYG-DAL last year was originally scheduled for (and remained on) NBC. But they got this year's matchup on Turkey Day so Jerruh and ToyBoyTroy need to shut their holes.

I did suggest two things over there ... (1) better scheduling so that the front end of a home-and-home on NBC does not get scheduled for the final week; and (2) a second "division only" games in Week 14 where the home teams are the same in Week 17 and the road teams could trade places as the Week 12 standings come to fruition. Mind you, the latter is a bit "out in left field" but it could make things interesting.

my 0.02

I can't imagine the game staying at 1pm. Moved to 4pm or prime time seem more likely.

Personally, I don't really care when it's played. I think the 'Skins will have the same home field advantage regardless if the game is at 4pm or 8:30pm. The only thing that might be an advantage is that maybe the colder the game, the better for the 'Skins. But, eh, who really knows.

Doesn't matter. Just win it whenever it is, and go to the playoffs, and then host another home game.

Archived