Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins - Cowboys Game Flexed to 8:20 PM (Official Thread) (Merged x3)

kleese

Okay, so maybe I'm slow but I don't get it. There's no "Sunday Night" game on the schedule for 12/30. The last games that day are all 4:25pm starts. So I'm assuming the game could be "flexed" to the 4:25pm slot or remain at the current 1pm slot.

For this week (Week 16) they have announced the following:

49ERS-SEAHAWKS TO BE ON SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL ON DEC. 23;

CHARGERS-JETS MOVES TO 1:00 PM ON CBS;

GIANTS-RAVENS MOVES TO 4:25 PM ON FOX

http://nflcommunications.com/2012/12/10/week-16-flexible-scheduling/

But I don't understand how they can move the Skins-girls game to Sunday night on 12/30 when there's no game currently on the schedule for Sunday night. What am I missing? Could the game actually be Sunday night?

Okay, so maybe I'm slow but I don't get it. There's no "Sunday Night" game on the schedule for 12/30. The last games that day are all 4:25pm starts. So I'm assuming the game could be "flexed" to the 4:25pm slot or remain at the current 1pm slot.

For this week (Week 16) they have announced the following:

49ERS-SEAHAWKS TO BE ON SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL ON DEC. 23;

CHARGERS-JETS MOVES TO 1:00 PM ON CBS;

GIANTS-RAVENS MOVES TO 4:25 PM ON FOX

http://nflcommunications.com/2012/12/10/week-16-flexible-scheduling/

But I don't understand how they can move the Skins-girls game to Sunday night on 12/30 when there's no game currently on the schedule for Sunday night. What am I missing? Could the game actually be Sunday night?

They leave the time slot open to flex the best game into it. Last year they moved the Giants and Cowboys game which was for the NFC East title into that slot. This year we are thinking that it'll probably be the same situation and the Skins-Boys game will be moved there since it'll most likely be for the division.

He would be in more of a position to know than any of us of course, but I still don't see it not being flexed if it's for the division. The other games just don't look to be important enough.

The problem is that if it were flexed, it would be the 3rd time in a row taken away from FOX. I think what might happen is it could be flexed to 4:30pm

The problem is that if it were flexed, it would be the 3rd time in a row taken away from FOX. I think what might happen is it could be flexed to 4:30pm

Ultimately, I don't think that matters. If our game is for the division and none of the other match-ups can offer the same implications, I'll be stunned if it isn't flexed.

I found the same article at a different site so I don't need to add that link.

I want to highlight the following from that article: Troy Aikman of Fox Sports expressed his displeasure last season at "losing" the Cowboys-Giants game last season to NBC. Perhaps there is some concern about taking such a great game away from Fox again.

I suspect the reason he expressed said displeasure is that the first DAL-NYG matchup was originally scheduled for (and remained on) NBC a few weeks before; had Fox had the first matchup, I don't know if he'd feel as strongly about it.

For us, Fox had the first game on Thanksgiving so both he and Jerry just need to accept that Fox will likely not get both matches this year. Who knew that this game would potentially come down to deciding the division? No one.

Back in the glory days, you could always count on one game being on ABC's MNF every other year. As long as we keep up this level of play, expect that to start again.

my 0.02

Okay well if thats the case, then it seems to be a lock that the Skins and Boys will be playing on primetime in front of the nation for a playoff berth!

Seriously, that game doesn't have a lot of competition. Week 17 looks like a bore except for Texans/Colts, which will likely be irrelevant to the playoff picture. Maybe Packers/Vikings? But I doubt the Vikings beat the Texans in Houston, so yeah, I doubt that one will matter.

They leave the time slot open to flex the best game into it. Last year they moved the Giants and Cowboys game which was for the NFC East title into that slot. This year we are thinking that it'll probably be the same situation and the Skins-Boys game will be moved there since it'll most likely be for the division.

Ah, now I get it. Thanks.

By the last game of the season in 2011, I was too depressed from another awful Redskins season that I didn't want to watch another NFL game. And I didn't.

Damn, it will be a cold night at FedEx if the game starts at 820PM.

I have an 8pm obligation next Sunday. I agree that they will probably flex the game, I'm just hoping for the 4pm slot.

If they do flex it to 8pm, I cannot tell a lie...I will probably cry like a little girl, which will be about the same as participating in the GameDay Thread. :)

Haha yeah there is a lot of that going on in there.

I hope for the flex to 8pm though. Night games are always better.

You would have to be crazy to not think that this game won't be a Sunday Night game.

RG3, Cowboys, and the Championship will be on the line. The NFL isn't stupid, they know that game would probably destroy in the ratings. Probably one of the highest rated NBC Sunday Night games of all-time.

Exactly. This 4 o'clock game talk is crazy. Lol

I'm predicting this game will be at 4:25 with Buck and Aikman. There is no way FOX is letting NBC get this game.

I hope your right. A prime time game means a 1.30 am kick off for me.

Fox can lobby but they can't block the switch - NBC have a contractual right to flex whichever game they want as I understand it. I'd be shocked if Redskins/Cowboys is not flexed assuming we beat the Eagles Sunday.

This HAS to be the flex game.

The only other real option is Baltimore-Cincy. The downside is that if Baltimore-Cincy are playing for the division next weekend, it'll be because Baltimore will have lost 5 games in a row. Does NBC really want to cover that, or two teams that are playing lights out right now (us and the Cowboys are a combined 10-1 since Nov 11 and that one loss was Dallas losing to us on Thanksgiving).

Either way I will be looking for alternate ways to watch the game. I will be staying at our new house with no internet nor TV. It gets installed the next day. Guess I can try a local sports bar, not sure which time will be less difficult to get out of the house (with small kids at home)

Either way I will be looking for alternate ways to watch the game. I will be staying at our new house with no internet nor TV. It gets installed the next day. Guess I can try a local sports bar, not sure which time will be less difficult to get out of the house (with small kids at home)

Depending on where you live, you might be able to pull in an over the air HD broadcast.

I moved into my new house opening weekend and I watch the Skins vs Saints in HD over a 12 dollar antenna from Target since my cable had not been hooked up yet.

Check your stations here: http://www.antennaweb.org/Address.aspx

Archived