Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Accountability: Redskins fans, FedEx Field, Excuses, and a 8 game home losing streak.

DC9

Amen. when you've lost 8 home games in a row I'm sure it's hard for any fan to have faith.

The skins still have a home field advantage. Someone posted the redskins away and home record for the past 20 years or so. The away record is even worse. Bad teams lose.

The skins still have a home field advantage. Someone posted the redskins away and home record for the past 20 years or so. The away record is even worse. Bad teams lose.

The Shanahan regime is 4-14 at home. That is not a current home field advantage...

I was saying the same thing! All the fans were leaving and I'm like "there's three timeouts left!"

We do have more lousy fans than good fans.

Cool. What're you doing this morning? How long was your drive? What did you have to do at home yesterday? What was your parking situation like? Where were you sitting? How often do you go? How was your health? Who were you with? What did you give up to go to the game?

Oh, you can't answer those questions about a single one of the people you're yelling at? Then shut it.

I've never left a game before the final whistle, ever. I've never turned off the TV before it's over.

That doesn't make me a better fan.

What about the hundreds of thousands of Redskins fans who have NEVER been to a game? Are they not real fans for not even coming?

Come on, man.

Cool. What're you doing this morning? How long was your drive? What did you have to do at home yesterday? What was your parking situation like? Where were you sitting? How often do you go? How was your health? Who were you with? What did you give up to go to the game?

Oh, you can't answer those questions about a single one of the people you're yelling at? Then shut it.

I've never left a game before the final whistle, ever. I've never turned off the TV before it's over.

What about the hundreds of thousands of Redskins fans who have NEVER been to a game? Are they not real fans for not even coming?

Come on, man.

I agree with you 100%. This I'm holier than thou because I stay to the final whistle is lame. We need to stop having pissing contests about who the better fans are. I would imagine we're all pretty big fans or we wouldn't be spending most of our days on here talking Redskins.

you can say whatever you want about fans at home games but the only thing that will energize the crowd for the foreseeable future is to win period. The crowd gets taken out of the game because of the subpar play on the field. Winning energizes crowds. watching a losing team for so long has deflated our crowd period. If the Skins give us a 2 or 3 game home winning streak you will see the crowd be re-enregized. until then, they will be taken out everytime the other team starts doing well because that is all we have seen for a long time. Winning cures everything. #HTTR

you can say whatever you want about fans at home games but the only thing that will energize the crowd for the foreseeable future is to win period. The crowd gets taken out of the game because of the subpar play on the field. Winning energizes crowds. watching a losing team for so long has deflated our crowd period. If the Skins give us a 2 or 3 game home winning streak you will see the crowd be re-enregized. until then, they will be taken out everytime the other team starts doing well because that is all we have seen for a long time. Winning cures everything. #HTTR

Yea exactly. Me and my friends pump up our section every game.. but unless we win and do good most our other fans are deflated from our play and past. If we can win at home consistently i know our fans won't hold back.

beat the cowpies, Philthy, and the VaGiants at home and the crowd will be different. Win, and it'll be different. Shannys record at home is irrelevant if he gives us a winning product in the years to come. It may look bad now but imagine if RGIII turns out to be as good as we think. The skins will start going 7-1 and 8-0 at home.

Shanahan is 4-14 at FedEx.

I'm sorry but this is a complete and utter embarrassment and it has nothing to do with the fans, no matter how much the apologists are willing to jump in front of bullets... its a freaking disgrace.

damn that is depressing...

well, I have attended 3 of those wins so if someone wants to get me a ticket for Sunday, I'll go lol

I'm sorry but this is a complete and utter embarrassment and it has nothing to do with the fans, no matter how much the apologists are willing to jump in front of bullets... its a freaking disgrace.

Totally agree. It's an embarrassment. FedEx field is an embarrassment. The sooner it's torn down and the Skins play in DC (or at least closer to DC), the better.

Completely agree. It's amazing that Shanny isn't being held more accountable. IIRC from somebody posting it earlier, Jim Zorn had the same amoubt of wins as Shanny in ONE year than does Shanny in over two years. Now THAT is not only a disgrace, but it's sad.

Was at the game yesterday. Was absolutely pathetic how all the fans left after Cousins first pick. We had all three timeouts remaining!! And whaddayaknow we got the ball back.

what I don't get is with the cost of games, why don't people stay for the whole thing? When I go, I'm usually one of the first ones in the place, and one of the last ones out. I wouldn't dream of leaving early even if we were getting our asses kicked. For the money I paid, I'm going to watch the whole damn show even if it's the other team putting on the performance.

I don't understand people at all. **** traffic. If you wait until the bulk of people are gone, it's really easy to get in and out anyway. If you are so worried about beating the rush, if you are so worried about beating everyone else out of the parking lot that bad...why not just invest in a nice HDTV for the price of season tickets and watch in your living room?

Totally agree. It's an embarrassment. FedEx field is an embarrassment. The sooner it's torn down and the Skins play in DC (or at least closer to DC), the better.

it's also a sign of a team that's in year 3 of a long-term rebuilding plan. Fed Ex Field is the Redskins stadium for the foreseeable future. It is what it is.

Come on, man.

Dude gtfo with this. You're still gonna be stuck in traffic either way. Fans couldn't stay to see if we got the ball back? Sorry that is pathetic. If we had one timeout remaining I could understand but we had 3! The game was far from over. Hell leave if we are down ten but not when we are within seven with three timeouts left.

I hate Fed Ex, I loved the little dump RFK, but Fed Ex is not going anywhere anytime soon. I think we are on year 15 of a 30 year lease...... If/when they ever move look our for PSL's. Important part of the "home field" is the proximity to home......

The success of the Redskins is directly related to bad personnel decisions and bad coaching.....period. Yell all you want, but fan support has very little impact on the outcome of games. The fans are not responsible for the bad home record at FedEx nor the good record at RFK.

This post makes way too much sense. There's no room for logic like this on ES.

It's funny how most of the ppl who are finger pointing and being "holier than thou" don't seem to be season ticket holders or even attend many games

Until you're put in that position, don't be so quick to judge people that pay out the ass year after year because they were told things would be different. They witnessed 8 straight home losses...4th most ALL TIME.

I'm sorry not everyone shared your optimistic outlook when the franchise/savior/legendinthemaking had just gotten knocked out and it was all up to an overhyped preseason hero.

Example.

Seattle.

Someone tell me why teams HATE going to Seattle? Is it because the Seahawks are a good football team? Or is it because the fans make it an intimidating place to visit?

The 'winning cures all' is a lame excuse for not playing OUR part in this.

Hail.

Most teams hate to go there because most of those teams have to travel across the country.

Maybe people in Seattle are just generally more happy than people from the DC area. Also, Seattle's never won a damn thing NFL-wise. Their point of view is different than Redskin fans, especially ones that lived through the glory years. They probably think 8-8 is a good year,...especially when that record wins you the Division.

I'm gonna say that Skins fans in general have a higher football IQ and higher expectations for their team each year. Although considering the last decade plus not sure why.

Point is -- the "winning cures all" is not a lame excuse -- it's spot on correct. The Redskins use to have tradition of winning and was considered a corner stone type franchise in the league. Years of poor management and decision making have changed that,..thus the change in the attitude of a lot of the fans. You're gonna tell me that if the Skins went 12-4, win the Division and go to the Super Bowl that then mindset and attitude of the fans wouldn't follow suit? Please,...

Archived