Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Accountability: Redskins fans, FedEx Field, Excuses, and a 8 game home losing streak.

DC9

Sounds Familiar :

Also best line in the story "If giving Tony Romo sits to pee grief is wrong, then nothing is right." - HAHAHA

http://deadspin.com/5950919/?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

common denominator? Big stadiums...

EDIT: Thanks for posting. And this is the biggest reason I have no issue with taking seats out. People can whine, but at the end of the day, I haven't seen a lot of visiting fans this season. I know it's the Bengals and the Falcons, and the Vikings always show well at FedEx, so we will see; but I am pleased with the flow and the lack of visiting teams fans being in our stadium. That's a good start.

i think nowadays the homefield advantage thing is obsolete.. this area isnt really known for extreme heat/cold, wind, rain, etc. perfect example, that game a couple years ago between the cardinals and patriots. arizona=hot, massachusetts=cold/snow. the cardinals got BLOWN out. they were out of their element. fedex field has normal weather, its just a big bowl, no wind. some stadiums have open sides which allows changing wind patterns on the field and i think home teams get used to that.

I think bottom line... Winning cures all... We have not won in so long that lets be honest we all in the back of our minds worry about the rug being pulled from under are feet and the average fan is apprehensive about supporting this team. Now combine that with the fact that the media around here is always on a witch hunt with this team and loves to complain 24/7 about everything the Redskins do. It creates this anti sentiment towards the team.... That being said, if they start winning and win consistently the problems go away.

The success of the Redskins is directly related to bad personnel decisions and bad coaching.....period. Yell all you want, but fan support has very little impact on the outcome of games. The fans are not responsible for the bad home record at FedEx nor the good record at RFK.

Yeah. Bottom line the fans need something to cheer for. The Skins have been perrenial jobbers for most of the last two decades. Kind of hard to get excited when all your cheering for is next to last place in the division.

For those going to the game tomorrow (including myself), we need to give an extra loud effort to help support the B&G to a victory.

I know it sounds a bit dramatic for a week 6 game, but after the gut punch to the home baseball team last night, sports fans in the DMV can sure use at least a little boost.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is a not a rah-rah thread. This isn't a toot my horn because I don't miss home games thread. I want this to be an initiative thread.

Where to start? Let's start where everyone loves to start when talking about home field advantage and the Redskins. Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium. The Sports Cathedral of the district. We look back fondly on it... maybe we even stretch the truth a touch about how awesome it was. Perhaps, forgetting the food was poo poo, the pipes leaked, and the sewage, I mean, bathrooms were not as clean as they should've been. That said... it was awesome. It was a dump, but it was our dump. The team was good, and we were willing to overlook a lot of imperfections. Crowds arrived early and were loud before and during games.

Enter FedEx field. In 1996, the Redskins moved northeast a ways. A new stadium that was rushed through construction in order for the owner to see it before passing. And let's face it. The Redskins haven't been very good since moving to the new digs (now over 15 years old) and thus, home field advantage has been non-existent.

And to keep this OP as short as possible... there have been numerous excuses as to why the home field has stunk. The team, the stadium, parking, traffic, food prices, etc, etc, etc...

Let's change that this weekend. Let's be accountable as Redskins fans. Let's get to the game early... not on time... but early. If you love tailgaiting... do it... early. Then get inside and make noise. Say what you want about the offense, defense, and special teams... but these players are playing their asses off, and it's our job as fans to make that easier on them.

8 games in a row at home we left the game pissed off. Let's take some steps to change that.

And if you are thinking about selling your tickets... make sure they are wearing burgundy and gold on Sunday... please.

Not to be too cliche', but the journey to 1000 miles starts with one step. We were there once, we can get there again. Let's start this weekend.

Get in early and be loud.

Has anyone noticed we have played the better teams at home the last 2 years. Look at our games played last year and one's yet to play this year. It's not that we have lost at home for no reason, it's just that's the teams we have and had to play.

Has anyone noticed we have played the better teams at home the last 2 years. Look at our games played last year and one's yet to play this year. It's not that we have lost at home for no reason, it's just that's the teams we have and had to play.

To some extent, yes. I can understand dropping games to the Pats last year, the Colts the year before. But the Vikings were horrible the past two years, and they came in both seasons and won. The Jets, aka Team Turmoil? Comes into FedEx and beats the Skins. The Eagles were reeling early on. But what was their cure? Come here and watch Rex throw four INTs.

The Vikings may be 4-1 with some quality wins over SF and Detroit but I'm not going to accept that they are head and shoulders above the B&G. The Redskins turn around this miserable home streak tomorrow.

Archived