Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Accountability: Redskins fans, FedEx Field, Excuses, and a 8 game home losing streak.

DC9

Christ' date='that sounds awful.

Who wants to spend 7 hours in a parking lot?[/quote']Seriously? A cup of coffee, the Sunday sports page, and a breakfast burrito is an awesome way to start a Sunday tailgate. Get the canopy set up, the portable TV playing a Skins victory over the days opponent (I think this week will be the seat cushion game!!), some snacks on the table, fire the grill up, pop a top, and start playin ladder ball or cornhole. Or playing toss with the kid. I am dead serious when I say that tailgating on a Sunday morning is possibly the best medicine for the work week. It all goes away. I spend the morning with my family and friends sharing good food, good times, and then I get to attend a football game of the team I have rooted for since I was old enough to realize what was happening on the B&W TV in 1981. How does a day get any better than that?

Christ' date='that sounds awful.

Who wants to spend 7 hours in a parking lot?[/quote']

Have been fortunate enough to be able to do it 3 times....3 of the best days of my life...met a ton of the best die hard fans on the planet including a lot of the crew here, MTH, TK, Pez, Huly, skinslove, bishtw, MIA, TLC & many more. Sounds crazy, but I STRONGLY recommend it, ESPECIALLY to anyone who rarely gets to make games. Nothing better.

Fed Ex Field is NOT home! It has more in common with Baltimore than it does with "Washington." But hey, the politicians in DC didn't want to negotiate with Jack Kent Cooke and Arlington County didn't want it! So we got "Raljon."

Home is Washington-just ask the Nats and Caps!

Other than early in the game that half the seats were empty, nothing to complain about once everyone got there. The crowd was loud and the Falcons were having trouble with it. Props to the fans

The problem is, every time the crowd gets into the game and starts getting loud, the Redskins immediately **** the bed. Its like clockwork. I told my blother, after the strike to Moss and Fedex started bouncing like it was RFK.

Maybe they cant handle getting pumped up. Maybe the crowd noise distracts them on D, more than it does the opposing O because the opposing offense is expecting the noise. I dunno what it is, but its happened to much to be a coincidence. Just watch, next time the crowd starts getting loud, the defense will give up a score, I guarantee it.

Anyone know why the band played pregame from the club level instead of from the field?

Crowd was decent today, except still too many vacant seats in the upper level.

Hard to describe why, but getting down one of the escalators (one closest to the team store) from the club level today was problematic. They had it blocked off in the front so you could only get to it from behind the escalator entrance on the club level. Wonder if the incident a few weeks ago with the upper level escalator had anything to do with it.

Even with that, after dropping my mother off in New Carrollton, still made it to Woodbridge by 5:30.

"But but but it almost rained.... Yucky" 2012 Skins fan

Speak for yourself. I traveled all the way from Chesapeake today thinking it was going to be a nasty weather game. I also stood in the mist at my seat and waited to see if Cousins could take us down the field, instead of leaving. So, yeah.

No chance this one goes on the fans. There weren't as many as there were for the Bengals game, but that place was loud. Personally, I have no voice today. Good job to those who showed up.

True, but there isn't really a chance any loss can ever be pinned on fans, either.

True, but there isn't really a chance any loss can ever be pinned on fans, either.

You're right. I was speaking in terms of the atmosphere. We gave them everything they could've asked for. Even when Cousins came in everyone was supportive.

You're right. I was speaking in terms of the atmosphere. We gave them everything they could've asked for. Even when Cousins came in everyone was supportive.

I wasn't there, but from what I could tell you're right. I think mostly everyone here agrees too.

Anyone know why the band played pregame from the club level instead of from the field?

Hard to describe why, but getting down one of the escalators (one closest to the team store) from the club level today was problematic. They had it blocked off in the front so you could only get to it from behind the escalator entrance on the club level. Wonder if the incident a few weeks ago with the upper level escalator had anything to do with it.

Having the band on the club level totally sucks. They have become so irrelevant up there I only heard them one time during the game. The Johnny white guy recorded version of HTTR is way tired.

It appeared that only one downward escalator was working on the home side of the 300 level. The escalator doorway was roped off so that only one person at a time could enter. I assume this was to prevent mobbing. The wait was too long so we took the ramps in the mass exodus.

Was at the game yesterday. Was absolutely pathetic how all the fans left after Cousins first pick. We had all three timeouts remaining!! And whaddayaknow we got the ball back.

I was saying the same thing! All the fans were leaving and I'm like "there's three timeouts left!"

We do have more lousy fans than good fans.

Archived