Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Accountability: Redskins fans, FedEx Field, Excuses, and a 8 game home losing streak.

DC9

How about giving me something to cheer for once in a while? Everytime there is a big play moment and the crowd is amped and cheering like crazy the defense gives up a big play to the opponent and all the energy goes down the drain. I haven't seen this team win at home in almost 2 years. The last home victory I saw was 10/10/10 16-13 victory over GB. Since then they've gone 0-9 in regular season games I've attended. It became so discouraging that for most games the tailgate was the best part of the day.

I agree! I will be there and there early, as I am when I go to a game (1 or 2 a year thanks to my friend with season tickets). we, the fans, are the 12th man and have a job to do, a responsiblity when your butt is taking up a seat. To make some serious noise for our team. And some people need to get a clue and quiet down when our offense is on the field, save it for when our D is our there. And why not get there in time and be making noise right at the firrst play! If they win the toss and take the ball we need to be in place and ready to be loud. It matters! I've been to games at RFK, and as anyone who has been to a game there knows how it felt...the crowd, the shaking stands, the noise, our fans, our team feeding on the energy it seemed. We need to do as Larry Michael asked fans to do last night on Redskin Nation and get there early, and be ready to make some noise for our team! We can win this game against the Falcons, and we the fans can help to some degree, if we take the 12th man seriously and get fired the f up!

HTTR!!!

These threads are always a bit frustrating because the people who read Extremeskins are not the ones you have to worry about getting to their seats early or leaving early or any of that stuff. You're preaching to the choir. It's the casual fan you gotta worry about.

There's one simple, foolproof way to change the environment at FedEx -- winning. Until the team starts to become a consistent playoff contender, we're gonna have the wine and cheese crowd, the open seats, the people who yell at you when you stand. As was stated earlier, it's amazing we still sell out after being so mediocre for so long. Once we start winning, things will change.

Good points by all so far. Like I said, this isn't a bash FedEx field and by no means is it a "FedEx is the best" thread.

All I am saying is, that is our house. We play there. It's ours. It's not going away. There is a game this weekend. It's going to be a tough out. If you have tickets, get there early. Be loud. Stay for the whole game.

If you have tickets and need to sell, as GHH said, try and get them to a Redskins fan. They are out there. My whole office comes to me and asks if I have any extra tickets for all home games so far this year (yes, including pre season) so I know the interest is out there.

Just try it. Take the step.

---------- Post added October-2nd-2012 at 10:33 AM ----------

These threads are always a bit frustrating because the people who read Extremeskins are not the ones you have to worry about getting to their seats early or leaving early or any of that stuff. You're preaching to the choir. It's the casual fan you gotta worry about.

There's one simple, foolproof way to change the environment at FedEx -- winning. Until the team starts to become a consistent playoff contender, we're gonna have the wine and cheese crowd, the open seats, the people who yell at you when you stand. As was stated earlier, it's amazing we still sell out after being so mediocre for so long. Once we start winning, things will change.

I know CJS. It's not meant to be repatitive, this is just more of an initiative and fan accountability thread from top to bottom. Heck, your boy runs five miles every morning and leaves Fredericksburg, Virginia at 9:30 to get to the stadium for 1 o' clock games. I get there early. I know there are some casuals out there, but if we can do it this week, we may just stumble on to what made RFK great for this generation. Like I said, one step.

I don't see how winning will change the make-up of the crowd to any significant degree.

Maybe more S/T holders who can now find something else to do against the lesser opposition on a Sunday will be more inclined to attend every game. But the knuckleheads who's sole aim is to get as paralytically drunk as possible and ruin the game fro everyone around them by being a complete jackass to be kind aren't going to go anywhere. They'll just make more of an effort to get hold of tickets and party even harder at the teams success.

Hail.

Agreed.

As always, I'll be there early, yell when we're on defense and stay until the last play.

You know, I used to think like this and the late arrivals/early exits/shhhh, sit down while on d are annoying but we all pay money to go to that stadium and for me, I've not come close to getting my monies worth. These guys get paid millions to coach and play the game, the responsibility is on them. If the team hadn't been stealing money from us, based on the on field product, for 20 years this wouldn't be an issue. I'll still be in my seat by kickoff and will be loud as hell but I'm done worrying or caring about what any other fan does. They paid their money just like you, they can do what they want, the team well get the support they deserve based on how they play and they've got a long backlog of ill will to work through right now.

If i lived closer, i would be at every game from 10 in the morning until the final whistle, tailgating, screaming hail to the redskins, and making life miserable for opposing fans (in a fun way of course, not drunken obnoxious cursing and personal attacks). I have made it to fed ex 3 times in my life and dont think i shut up for the entire 180 minutes i was there. We won all 3 by the way. I directly attribute those wins to me screaming!

Wow just Wow!!! The amount of whining about fan behavior is ridiculous. The 'skins gameday fans behave no differently than most other fan bases. I presently live in the Detroit area and have had the opportunity to attend a number of Lions games. The atmosphere at Ford Field is directly correlated with the success of the team on the field. When the Lions are successful the Detroit domes (Ford Field or the old Silverdome) become crazy and one of the loudest and most difficult venues for opposing teams. I previously lived in St. Louis back when the Lambs were known as having the greatest show on turf - I guarantee that the passive quiet dome they play at today was very different back in Warner's heyday. Finally, my wife is from Seattle so I have had many opportunities to attend 'hawks games with the in-laws. Although the stadium is known as one of the toughest venues to play at this has a lot more to do with the stadium accoustics than the fan base. These same fans will sit quietly and produce no noise when their team is down.

One thing that I have seen at all these stadiums are fans yelling at other fans for standing up or being overzealous, quarterbacks having to wave their arms to silence their crowds when on offense, plenty of opposing fans and lots of obnoxious fan behavior from those over-served. This by no means is a Fedex exclusive.

As a 'skins season ticket holder that has a 500 mile one way commute I am proud of our fan base's support. The DC area has never had a game blacked-out unlike most other teams. If you want to see the stadium rock like good ole RFK than put the product on the field!

20 years of losing football (save a few seasons) will do that to any fanbase.

I really dig your effort, though.... the homefield advantage will come to DC with the wins and superior play on the field...RG3 is the spark they need. He cant do it all himself on the field but its just the beginning.

I love FedEx... its where my favorite team plays. Enough said.

What has happened is our losing culture (3 winning seasons out of 13 that Snyder has owned the team) has bred a bunch of fans that don't know how to act at a football game. They haven't participated in a winning culture - chanting RGIII and doing the wave when our offense has the ball.

It's just sad, really.

What has happened is our losing culture (3 winning seasons out of 13 that Snyder has owned the team) has bred a bunch of fans that don't know how to act at a football game. They haven't participated in a winning culture - chanting RGIII and doing the wave when our offense has the ball.

It's just sad, really.

If a few morons chanting RGIII on offense is the worse thing I see at Fedex I'll take it.

I wish this could happen but i dont think it will for a long time man. I was there opening day, RGIII's first home game.....do u think the stands were packed for the intros?? Nope. People still outside drinking and doing whatever it is they were doing. Call it an excuse if you want but its a fact. Fedex is too big and there are way too many other fans of others teams that go to the game. For instance i was sitting next to 2 Vikings fans, 1 Giants fan and 1 Packers fan...:ols:

Not one of their teams were playing but they were still there. I have pretty much lost the faith that our stadium could or ever will be rocking like the Seahawks or some other place like that. Hopefully one day it will be but for now i guess i just have to take what i can get..

Yeah...our fans are soooo bad.

For the millionth time, winning cures all.

Usually around November or December, we are eliminated from playoff contention. After 15+ years of paying thousands for the tickets, it wears on you.

So you guys say, "oh just give the tickets away"

My uncles try that every year and ppl always tell them no. I swear.

I took my uncles' Viking game tickets last year because literally everyone in his office told him no.

In the DMV, everyone knows the team sucks and expects it so when the games don't matter people won't go.

As far as the getting in early thing, those lines to get in the stadium are a ***** and along with putting away tailgating equipment, it's hard to get in on time.

Being loud is hard when your team is continuously giving up big plays and literally inventing ways to lose.

Case in point,the MNF Massacre. FedEx is ROCKING and first play is an 88 yard TD from the Iggles. Next defensive possession, the crowd is still loud and what happens? Like an 8 play 70+ TD drive with every play averaging 8+ yards.

Hell, we were down 35-0 and scored a TD...and the crowd came back to life believe it or not. Then the Iggles easily score again and kill the crowd again.

Stop blaming the fans who pay out the ass to watch suck.

As far as the opposing fan thing goes, Fedex isn't exclusive. See this thread http://cowboyszone.com/forums/dallascowboys.php?t=244513

The only way to combat that is to win.

Perfect example was opening day last year vs the Giants.

There were a ****load but with 5 minutes to go and us up by 14...they all left in one big exodus.

WINNING. CURES. ALL.

If we consistently win, ppl will keep their tickets. They'll cheer longer. They'll be louder.

The 6-2 start of 2008 was amazing to witness at FedEx...even we were playing a team like the Browns

I'm going to call out the "fans" in my section, 431...rows 23(Front) and 25(Behind). With me being in 24.

For making me sit, COMPLETELY SURROUNDED by Bengals fans. Absolutely pitiful. You're telling me the other season ticket holders couldn't show up at least for RGIII?

That being said, I really hope we a strong crowd.

That's because there's 20,000 too many seats in the building and the upper deck seats are in no way worth what they charge for them. I used to own season tickets in the upper deck, would never make that mistake again. The bottom line is there simply aren't enough die hards to come close to filling every seat in that stadium, there just aren't.

I'll never blame any fan who pays their hard-earned money for overpriced parking, a mediocre stadium, and what's been a lousy team for the last couple of decades.

Having said that, can you imagine if we actually built a great stadium? And if the team continued to improve, as it's been doing?

A stadium in the District, with real grass, real access to a Metro station, and plenty of parking and tailgating.

A stadium where the fans make the noise, not a stereo system blaring commercials.

A stadium designed by sound engineers to be louder than the Seahawks stadium, louder than RFK was, and the loudest stadium in the NFL.

A stadium where the entire crowd chants "RG3!" at deafening levels, after the band finishes playing 'Hail to the Redskins,' and as our kicker places the ball on the tee...

and so on...

Man, I wish!

I, for one, will be at the game Sunday, and will apologize in advance for whomever is around me, because i will not be seated much at all. It has been my lifelong dream to attend a game at the skins home stadium, and I will be loud and proud. HTTR

I'll never blame any fan who pays their hard-earned money for overpriced parking, a mediocre stadium, and what's been a lousy team for the last couple of decades.

Having said that, can you imagine if we actually built a great stadium? And if the team continued to improve, as it's been doing?

A stadium in the District, with real grass, real access to a Metro station, and plenty of parking and tailgating.(Nix the plenty of parking and tailgating if we go back to DC)

A stadium where the fans make the noise, not a stereo system blaring commercials.(more Commercials to pay for that stadium)

A stadium designed by sound engineers to be louder than the Seahawks stadium, louder than RFK was, and the loudest stadium in the NFL.

A stadium where the entire crowd chants "RG3!" at deafening levels, after the band finishes playing 'Hail to the Redskins,' and as our kicker places the ball on the tee...

and so on...(you think we're a corporate crowd now wait till PSL's!!)

Man, I wish!

We just need a winner and all will be fine.

Except, thousands had already left early. The fans don't do their part. Not anymore. That's not saying the team isn't at fault, but if you're going to go to a game, support your team. Period. If you can't do that, stay at home. I'd rather the stadium not be sold out but filled with only passionate, supportive fans than have it sold out with a bunch of people who are there for a myriad of reasons that don't include supporting the team.

I'm talking about the 17 (IIRC) unanswered points that tied it. The stadium-wide "RG3" chant was phenomenal, and the place was electric.

Then the Bengals went on to score 14 unanswered (IIRC) and took the crowd out of the game.

Example.

Seattle.

Someone tell me why teams HATE going to Seattle? Is it because the Seahawks are a good football team? Or is it because the fans make it an intimidating place to visit?

The 'winning cures all' is a lame excuse for not playing OUR part in this.

Hail.

okay....write Snyder a letter and tell him to pipe in crowd noise then

Example.

Seattle.

Someone tell me why teams HATE going to Seattle? Is it because the Seahawks are a good football team? Or is it because the fans make it an intimidating place to visit?

The 'winning cures all' is a lame excuse for not playing OUR part in this.

Hail.

It is not a lame excuse. I'd like to see how many "lame excuser's" in this thread have had season ticket for more than a year or two. This team has you conditioned to expect the worst. I try to leave that behind, and I am all in for Griffin. But as a vet of that Eagles debacle I would challenge anyone to be fired up by the end of the 1st quarter of that one. I'm keeping this thread in mind if something comes up, I KNOW one of you guys would jump in and buy my seats at face if I can't make it to a game. Right?? Right????

okay....write Snyder a letter and tell him to pipe in crowd noise then

Point. Maybe not the best example, but relative.

Supporter. Clues in the first 7 letters. Not 'sit back and entertain us and we'll cheer' No question it's deflating watching a sub-standard product. But it's a two way street. We expect the players to raise themselves week-on-week; whilst saying we won't until they give us something to get behind. The two are interlinked.

Hail.

It is not a lame excuse. I'd like to see how many "lame excuser's" in this thread have had season ticket for more than a year or two. This team has you conditioned to expect the worst. I try to leave that behind, and I am all in for Griffin. But as a vet of that Eagles debacle I would challenge anyone to be fired up by the end of the 1st quarter of that one. I'm keeping this thread in mind if something comes up, I KNOW one of you guys would jump in and buy my seats at face if I can't make it to a game. Right?? Right????

You are either going to get "it" or you aren't. If you don't get "it" and you want to be miserable, heck, be my guest. All I am asking is for you to show up early this weekend and make sure you are loud on defense. For THIS game.

And brother, I hate to tell you, but I've never gotten face for my tickets. But I make damn sure they go to Redskins fans. It is what it is. Maybe I'm different than you are, but if I can't make a game, that's the first thing I do AFTER I can't sell them to someone I know is give them to another fan of the team who may not get to go to the game.

---------- Post added October-2nd-2012 at 03:32 PM ----------

Supporter. Clues in the first 7 letters. Not 'sit back and entertain us and we'll cheer' No question it's deflating watching a sub-standard product. But it's a two way street. We expect the players to raise themselves week-on-week; whilst saying we won't until they give us something to get behind. The two are interlinked.

Hail.

Hammer... meet nail...

---------- Post added October-2nd-2012 at 03:33 PM ----------

Hail.

Hammer... meet nail...

Archived