Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Source:Raheem Morris was calling the plays in the 4th quarter vs Rams

Lavarleap56

:ols: You pack his bags. I'll drive the car to the airport. I think we can both handle bundling him onto the plane. Sorted.

Teamwork. ES Style. :evilg:

Hail.

*Edit* I'll bring a people carrier. Call Bang, We'll kill two birds with one stone. :ols:

Danny Smith? What about Brandon Banks? Aren't they sort of a package deal?

I feel like Banks would fit in a carry on bag in an overhead compartment, haha.

I find it hilarious that people think players are covering up for the coaches like this is Watergate or something. The worst the team would be able to do was tell them to have no comment but not emphatically deny and lie about something. Besides Shanahan never ****footed around the truth about big decisions in the past such as the benching of Mcnabb for Grossman. Regardless to the truth of this subject this HURTS THE TEAM. We dont need these kind of distractions anymore. And if it's just a rumor and not true Hogs Haven and the "source" should be ashamed to call themselves fans.

Could that not be Haslett's excuse/reason as well?

No. In 2011 two of our biggest signings were Bowen and Cofield, we drafted two defensive lineman, tried to solve our safety issue by signing Atogwe (who Haslett wanted), and we signed Josh Wilson. We spent a big chunk of our money on improving defensively.

The Bucs spent the bare minimum when Raheem was there. 10-6 in 2010 was a happy surprise, but the Bucs still refused to spend money under the guise of a "youth movement". That effectively handicapped the teams ability to get better, and then they cut even more veterans. What you had was a very young, inexperienced team, without the sort of veteran leadership on the player side and to help the coaches. They started off hot (or at least relatively warm), then when they got on a losing streak and a young team got beaten down by everything and just stopped.

The whole reason Raheem Morris became head coach was that, basically, he was cheap. The Bucs essentially withheld all their money, waiting for 2012, which was one of the best free agent classes in recent memory.

Did anyone else notice, maybe in the late 3rd, early 4th quarter, when the camera was on Hazlett and Raheem, it seemed that Hazlett's head set stopped working?

Raheem even was seen looking at it for a second, and then went back to looking out at the field. It seemed that it stopped working, and he looked at Slowik and Raheem, as if to say "I don't hear anything, go ahead"

Was I imagining this, or did anyone else see this also?

I hate these unknown sources. We have no way of knowing if this happened or how it went down if it did.

Reminds me of the roll call scene from Ferris Buelers Day Off.

"Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?"

"Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

I hate these unknown sources. We have no way of knowing if this happened or how it went down if it did.

Reminds me of the roll call scene from Ferris Buelers Day Off.

"Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?"

"Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

The reason people don't reveal their sources is because it could potentially really **** over the person who leaks the information. Now there's an argument to made that they shouldn't leak the information to begin with, but they do let these gems float into the ether for one just to throw us a bone every once in a while. Demanding that people reveal their sources would hinder our ability to know any more information. Not even the big stuff like this, but just random info like who we're interested in during the draft or what free agents we've contacted.

Such is the price of information.

Did anyone else notice, maybe in the late 3rd, early 4th quarter, when the camera was on Hazlett and Raheem, it seemed that Hazlett's head set stopped working?

Raheem even was seen looking at it for a second, and then went back to looking out at the field. It seemed that it stopped working, and he looked at Slowik and Raheem, as if to say "I don't hear anything, go ahead"

Was I imagining this, or did anyone else see this also?

I saw it.

So, going back and looking at game rewind on my Tablet, I found an instance late in the 4th quarter where it seems that Haslett is calling a play in. This is the drive of the fumble, I believe:

No, that can't be true! He's just calling Raheem bad words behind his back for stealing playcalling duty! Let's keep this charade going!

So, going back and looking at game rewind on my Tablet, I found an instance late in the 4th quarter where it seems that Haslett is calling a play in. This is the drive of the fumble, I believe:

http://i.imgur.com/afip1.png

He's whispering to the guy in the yellow shirt, "Is your headset not working too?" But look at the glare he gets from the player in the Redskins T-shirt behind him.

HH is not going to just make crap up. Someone credible told them this. That someone credible could be wrong, but let's also take a moment and realize that the defensive scheme DID change near the end of the 3rd quarter.

My bet is that Morris dictated to Haz what the scheme should be but that Haz retained the ability to call specific plays within the scheme dictated by Morris.

This theory would account for the following facts:

1. HH was told by a credible source that Morris took over the defense

2. The defense DID change late 3rd through the fourth, scheme-wise. Either Haz suddenly saw the light, or he was being told to run man coverage by *someone*.

3. The end result would look the same to players -- Haz would still be calling plays in, but they wouldn't be privy to the conversation between Mike, Raheem, and Haz in which Mike told Haz, "Do whatever Raheem tells you."

I think there's smoke here based on the fact that Haz, who had stubbornly stuck with his loose zone scheme the entire game, suddenly changed like a switch had been flipped.

HH is not going to just make crap up. Someone credible told them this. That someone credible could be wrong, but let's also take a moment and realize that the defensive scheme DID change near the end of the 3rd quarter.

My bet is that Morris dictated to Haz what the scheme should be but that Haz retained the ability to call specific plays within the scheme dictated by Morris.

2. The defense DID change late 3rd through the fourth, scheme-wise. Either Haz suddenly saw the light, or he was being told to run man coverage by *someone*.

3. The end result would look the same to players -- Haz would still be calling plays in, but they wouldn't be privy to the conversation between Mike, Raheem, and Haz in which Mike told Haz, "Do whatever Raheem tells you."

I think there's smoke here based on the fact that Haz, who had stubbornly stuck with his loose zone scheme the entire game, suddenly changed like a switch had been flipped.

This is a very logical explanation.

So, going back and looking at game rewind on my Nexus 7, I found an instance late in the 4th quarter where it seems that Haslett is calling a play in. This is the drive of the fumble, I believe:

http://i.imgur.com/afip1.png

thank you... I watched the game again last night, and was sure fox coverage displayed shots of Haslett calling plays in the fourth quarter. I mean the idea is frankly preposterous, something which posters here are ignoring- fueled I realize by everyone's assertion that Raheem was brought in to take over d coordinator next year. shanahan would lose all credibility as a head coach if he randomly decided to allow his defensive backs coach who has never been a defensive coordinator in the NFL, start calling plays in the fourth quarter.

Sure, the plan changed. But that doesn't mean that someone else took over playcalling. It just means that maybe there were discussions on the sidelines about how the secondary coverage should change, and then later in the game they changed it.

I know that Amendola was held to 2 or 3 catches only in the 2nd half, compared to the 15 or so in the 1st half. Maybe our entire second half coverage scheme changed.

HH is using a credible source, therefor trusting anything they say. If that source is wrong, and this story is a farce, then they definitely lose credibility. Especially if they don't come out and talk about who the source is, and then people re-focus as to why the source was wrong.

Archived