Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Source:Raheem Morris was calling the plays in the 4th quarter vs Rams

Lavarleap56

Well to me the questions I have are:

1) Is the article posted on HH actually true?

I'm going to say yes, Haslett has been a great contributor to HH... immediately coming to mind is his contributions on the RG3 trade to a volleyball dad in Hampton Roads pre-draft.

2) Do you let Haslett have some more games, like to the bye week to change things around?

As pointed out on here... the defense has gotten worse and worse since about the halfway point last year. And he drives me nuts because he doesn't make adjustments.

3) Would the team, specifically the defense improve under Morris?

This no one will know for sure. They improved on Sunday in the short time, and all of the players love him. I also never underestimate a man on fire with something to prove.

4) Or is it better to let them work together till the end of the year?

You aren't familiar with the DC media? lol. I think not.

As a coach, you CANNOT assume anything. Haslett did this off season when he started blabbing his gab to strangers at a lacrosse/soccer game. From what I've read, he's as stubborn as a mule, and that doesn't work well when people are trying to give you constructive input. Listening to a D. Hall interview in camp, I made mention on twitter how Hall's comments sounded like the beginning of the end for Haslett, and that fed in directly to what LL and Jsteelz were saying. Who knows how this gets handled. We can only hope that if, indeed, the 4th quarter defense was called by Morris then that is a permanent change. Shanahan always says if you don't practice you dont play, so hopefully he extends that to performance. Of course, D. Smith hasn't gotten the apollo stage hook yet, but we can hope, right?

I can't believe all of you are saying fire Haz and promote Morris. God, this is such a typical Redskins Pile of garbage that happens during the season. Nothing ever changes. And a lot of you are eating it up. We went from NFL darlings for a week and now it's the SAME OLD S***

I for one wasn't happy with Jim Hasbeen being brought in here, hell he got fired with the Saints and the Rams and what had he shown to prove that he could come to the hardest division in football and succeed? Nothing...While I don't know much about Morris I will say he looks young, looks hungry and looks like he has a better rapport than Hasbeen ever had here. I mean we finally have a decent offense, please I hope Shanny is smarter than to let this get bigger and a distraction. Both Hasbeen and Smith need to be shown the door, immediately.

We are not going back to 4-3. Let's stop being silly. I'd like to see how Raheem does with being in charge of a full week of gameplanning and play calling.

I'd be impressed with a coach who thinks more than a layer deep.

Haslett seems to go in with a gameplan, but never has any contigencies. If his gameplan works... teams normally adjust to it at halftime and nuke us in the second. If Raheem is gameplanning this week, and we go out there and lay waste to the Bengals... well the **** my hat pay the man.

Why on earth would we move back to a 4-3? That process would take another couple of seasons at the very minimum. We have 3-4 personnel. Let's see what Morris can do with what we've got on the roster (if he's going to be in charge of the defense). Team has looked AWFUL at times under Haslett. The thing that sticks the most out to me was last year and his playcall vs. the Cowboys that left DeAngelo Hall on an Island (on 4th down) against Dez Bryant for about 10 seconds. Time for a change, IMO. Danny Smith should be next.

So here's a question, if Morris takes over, will he still keep the 3-4? Does he have experience with the 3-4? I thought when he was with TB they ran a 4-3.

Shanahan decided in his off year that the 3-4 defense was the best defense and that he would use it wherever he went after Denver. The 3-4 was always Shanahan's choice not Haslett.

---------- Post added September-19th-2012 at 11:49 AM ----------

He's available from what I gather.

Not doing anything these days..

~Bang

He's still officially the Rams defensive coordinator...on leave of course.

Hmm, I can't say I like the controversy ..but I sure disliked our defense last week much more than this. Our defense got thrashed repeatedly. We had a good, not great by any means, but a solid WR almost set records on us.

It's not so much the fact that his game plan was a HUGE fail, it was more the fact that he made almost NO adjustments. I was even willing to give him a break on no "on the fly" adjustments during the first half because that can be troublesome..but after going in at the half and seeing that we were getting torched left and right..you need to change some things. He didn't.

**edit**

Off Topic, but does my avatar really say "The Run Stopper" above RG3? That's talent ..@~!

Welp, after reading this all i can say is.....same ol redskins.....if you dont like a guy and you have his replacement in house get rid of him!!!! Instead we have two guys making calls during the game. What a joke. :doh:

Yep, same ol Redskins. Win a big game and then lose to the Rams.

Are there any BINGO callers looking for work?

It's not so much the fact that his game plan was a HUGE fail, it was more the fact that he made almost NO adjustments. I was even willing to give him a break on no "on the fly" adjustments during the first half because that can be troublesome..but after going in at the half and seeing that we were getting torched left and right..you need to change some things. He didn't.

To me, this has always been his problem. Over the last year the press has asked this more and more during post game interviews.... "Did you adjust at halftime" and the answers are always "No".

Is it true we have allowed 30+ points in 6 out of the last 7 games? Ironically, that sounds like the Bucs of last year and Raheem is our answer.

Raheem could not handle the head coaching job. The responsibility of that was too much for him, as it is for a lot of coordinators. He is an excellent position coach and DC.

Is it true we have allowed 30+ points in 6 out of the last 7 games? Ironically, that sounds like the Bucs of last year and Raheem is our answer.

to be fair, the 2011 Bucs quit halfway through the season. It also doesn't help that they picked up fat Albert last season. His attitude is very contagious.

Pretty much. You do have to consider the teams we've been playing, but I posted elsewhere that last year we started off giving up an average of about 16 points per game, and that rose steadily to 28 at the end of 2011 and is now 32. I think teams have figured Haslett out and he simply hasn't been able, or willing, to adjust.

Archived