Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Source:Raheem Morris was calling the plays in the 4th quarter vs Rams

Lavarleap56

Thought this thread needed a laugh at the moment...

And a reminder, it can always be worse.

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Just ended Marvin Lewis' conference call by asking him for a good Steve Spurrier story. He laughed, then didn't say anything. #GoodOldDays

Firing someone for one game is definitely an overreaction.

true, but in this case, it would be for more than one bad game. if this game was another example of haslett not being able to adjust when things are going horribly wrong, that would be a good reason to make a change while its still early in the season.

It's obvious the "key" guy standing next to Morris was Orakpo or Carriker. Probably Orakpo as Carriker wasn't standing.

But since he's not actually naming anyone, Orakpo can deny it. This is probably just a move by the team to try and shut this up.

I mean...wouldn't you want the Bengals to think they're going against a terrible defensive playcaller that can't adapt and lets someone like Amendola (who is solid at best) tie an NFL record for most receptions in 1 half?

Folks, be very careful what you wish for. Have been a Skins fan since 1960 but have lived in Tampa since 1977. Watched Raheem in action the last 3 years...he has no experience in a 3-4 format. Also, his style as a head coach resulted in a complete breakdown in discipline both on and off the field. He pushed to bring Tanard Jackson and he is gone possibly forever. Don't know if he is the long term or short term answer as the DC, but am very concerned after I saw what happened in Tampa. It could make Jim zorns time look like a marine boot camp.

But since he's not actually naming anyone, Orakpo can deny it. This is probably just a move by the team to try and shut this up.

I mean...wouldn't you want the Bengals to think they're going against a terrible defensive playcaller that can't adapt and lets someone like Amendola (who is solid at best) tie an NFL record for most receptions in 1 half?

I don't think the Bengals care, honestly. I think they'll have their gameplan, and if it works it works, if it doesn't, it doesn't.

While Haslett had an unbelievably awful game, let's not forget that he held an explosive NOLA offense to 25 pts on the road. You've gotta give credit when it's due; that was great gameplanning and playcalling. Though as good as he was against NOLA, he was just as bad against STL.

This whole thing sounds very suspicious to me.

The reason I can't stand hasslet is because he's not a great coordinator. He is an average to above average DC who can coach a defense and build it, but will never be able to get that defense into the top 5 or 10. Hell every yet he was the steelers DC the defense got worse. I don't like him cuz he gives me no hope, while Morris does give me some hope. I have wanted us to fire hasslet since we got him, but that would be unreasonable. But after this embarrassment, he needs to be sent home.

While Haslett had an unbelievably awful game, let's not forget that he held an explosive NOLA offense to 25 pts on the road. You've gotta give credit when it's due; that was great gameplanning and playcalling. Though as good as he was against NOLA, he was just as bad against STL.

And who has the experience against Brees that probably had lots of input on that gameplan?

oh yeah.. that would be Morris.. who used to coach in Tampa, which is in NO division.

Who probably did most of the planning for STL... that would be Haslett, who had the worst game plan ever.

Folks, be very careful what you wish for. Have been a Skins fan since 1960 but have lived in Tampa since 1977. Watched Raheem in action the last 3 years...he has no experience in a 3-4 format. Also, his style as a head coach resulted in a complete breakdown in discipline both on and off the field. He pushed to bring Tanard Jackson and he is gone possibly forever. Don't know if he is the long term or short term answer as the DC, but am very concerned after I saw what happened in Tampa. It could make Jim zorns time look like a marine boot camp.

The good news is that Shanhan is the HC, and he can make discipline happen. Raheem doesn't have to worry about that. Some coaches are great doing one thing, but can't do much outside of that.

It may also be that the Saints are just not as good this year as they have been in the past.....

Devil's Advocate, Raheem was 3-3 (.500) against the Saints with the Bucs.

That Bucs team was atrocious last year, but Morris managed to scheme a victory against the Saints then as well. We played mostly Man D against the Saints. Whereas we played mostly Zone against the Rams...until the 4th quarter when we went back to Man. Our corners are not good zone corners.

And who has the experience against Brees that probably had lots of input on that gameplan?

oh yeah.. that would be Morris.. who used to coach in Tampa, which is in NO division.

Who probably did most of the planning for STL... that would be Haslett, who had the worst game plan ever.

Weren't Morris' Defenses horrible the three years he was there? Not sure why everyone thinks he'll be the DC Messiah.

Weren't Morris' Defenses horrible the three years he was there? Not sure why everyone thinks he'll be the DC Messiah.

Well... again... Devil's Advocate.

They cut everyone but Ronde' Barber loose after Gruden was fired. The next year the Bucs didn't spend any money. The year after the Bucs didn't spend any money... and then when Schiano came in, the Bucs spent money.

You have to have players.

Archived