Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Source:Raheem Morris was calling the plays in the 4th quarter vs Rams

Lavarleap56

The stats showed that, in the last 6 games last year, our crappy offense and special teams was more to blame for the points scored against us than the defense.

Amazing.

I hope Morris can do as good as Haslett. Sure, he'll probably have some immediate success while teams try to figure him out, but it'll be tough to sustain it.

Should we wait until they actually have a source...

There are tons of rumors every week, and while I don't think this is outside the realm of possibility, simply putting "Source: Rumor Title" doesn't mean it is true.

If Raheem isn't promoted to D Coordinator by the end of this year, hes definitely going to have some coaching opportunities elsewhere. He even got a D Coord. offer after committing to us this year.

Haslett had a bad game in terms of management, but you can't put all the blame on him. At a certain point, players have to step up and make plays (outside of Fletcher). I'm not quite ready to just throw him to the curb as rotten just yet. He built a pretty good team, but we're still short on depth at OLB, and its stinging there right now.

Chris Russel also said that Orakpo "tweaked" his pectoral and was not going to miss significant time in 2012.

Russell said he asked several defensive players and one key defensive player said he was standing next to Morris the whole time and he was shocked at hearing such a claim. As dead wrong as Russel has been in the past at least he's giving up sources to his information which is more than you can say for the Hogs Haven article.

Haslett had a bad game in terms of management, but you can't put all the blame on him. At a certain point, players have to step up and make plays (outside of Fletcher). I'm not quite ready to just throw him to the curb as rotten just yet. He built a pretty good team, but we're still short on depth at OLB, and its stinging there right now.

1 TD for the defense, an interception in the endzone, and a fumble recovery at midfield was pretty good in my opinion.

I can't figure this one out. What doesn't Haslett get that Morris does? I'm just so baffled at the fact that we can't make defensive adjustments in game. Maybe its show but Morris's animation on the sidelines alone get me excited. I see Haslett over there looking cool, calm, and collected. The only problem is his unit is getting taken to the woodshed.

Should we wait until they actually have a source...

There are tons of rumors every week, and while I don't think this is outside the realm of possibility, simply putting "Source: Rumor Title" doesn't mean it is true.

If Raheem isn't promoted to D Coordinator by the end of this year, hes definitely going to have some coaching opportunities elsewhere. He even got a D Coord. offer after committing to us this year.

Fine, he built up a decent defense with what he had, but that's about all the praise I'd give this guy. Do you not remember the 3rd and long calls against Dallas, TWICE! I wanted him fired after he put Hall on Dez 1on1 for the second time. He has cost us the game. I rarely watch other games and think, 'wow, that play call right there cost the team the game', but it seems to happen to us all the time.

He doesn't adjust, has blown at least 2-4 games himself in the last year, and is allowing more than 30 points a game.

Get rid of him before every reporter in NOVA has a mic in front of our players faces asking what they think.

He was coaching the defensive backs... while Haslett was putting them in zone coverage...
Morris didn't make the final play calls though, until, if this article is accurate, the 4th quarter. The cushions and soft zones we were playing were ultimately called by Haslett.

Understood, but Morris has to have the authority to confer with his D-Coordinator. He should also have the opportunity to make adjustments to the D-backfield within the overall scope of the defense. He's not just expressing niceties on the bench is he (e.g. Oww, Josh, that was a good try. Way to only leave 7 yards between you and the receiver. Don't worry, Amendola will get tired soon and we can probably get the gap down to 3 yards by mid 3rd quarter.)?

I wanna hear more Speak 'n Spell beeps and New Years Eve noise makers when we are on Defense (Shout out of support to the Sabol family), but most of all, I want all of the coaches (not just the HC OC, and DC) putting the players in the best position to suceed.

Russell said he asked several defensive players and one key defensive player said he was standing next to Morris the whole time and he was shocked at hearing such a claim. As dead wrong as Russel has been in the past at least he's giving up sources to his information which is more than you can say for the Hogs Haven article.

I can't find a link or tweet where Russell has denied Morris's play calling. Feel like his getting in the way

I can't believe all of you are saying fire Haz and promote Morris. God, this is such a typical Redskins Pile of garbage that happens during the season. Nothing ever changes. And a lot of you are eating it up. We went from NFL darlings for a week and now it's the SAME OLD S***

i get what youre saying, but there may be good reason to replace haslett with morris, especially if morris was responsible for the defense looking good week one.

sundays defensive performance was so bad, and so frustrating on so many levels, someone getting fired over it is probably not an overreaction.

Understood, but Morris has to have the authority to confer with his D-Coordinator. He should also have the opportunity to make adjustments to the D-backfield within the overall scope of the defense. He's not just expressing niceties on the bench is he (e.g. Oww, Josh, that was a good try. Way to only leave 7 yards between you and the receiver. Don't worry, Amendola will get tired soon and we can probably get the gap down to 3 yards by mid 3rd quarter.)?

I wanna hear more Speak 'n Spell beeps and New Years Eve noise makers when we are on Defense (Shout out of support to the Sabol family), but most of all, I want all of the coaches (not just the HC OC, and DC) putting the players in the best position to suceed.

Read the article CT, it says that Raheem and Haz got into on the sideline.

Those aren't sources. He's not naming any specific players.

i get what youre saying, but there may be good reason to replace haslett with morris, especially if morris was responsible for the defense looking good week one.

sundays defensive performance was so bad, and so frustrating on so many levels, someone getting fired over it is probably not an overreaction.

Firing someone for one game is definitely an overreaction.

Archived