Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Source:Raheem Morris was calling the plays in the 4th quarter vs Rams

Lavarleap56

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/playbyplay/NFL_20120916_WAS@STL

4th quarter drivers:

1st Drive

1-10-STL20 (5:27) S.Bradford sacked at SL 13 for -7 yards (S.Bowen). Penalty on SL-W.Hunter, Offensive Holding, declined.

2-17-STL13 (5:08) (Shotgun) S.Bradford pass short right to L.Kendricks to SL 24 for 11 yards (D.Gomes).

3-6-STL24 (4:27) (Shotgun) S.Bradford pass short right to D.Amendola pushed ob at SL 41 for 17 yards (D.Gomes).

1-10-STL41 (4:11) D.Richardson right end to WAS 6 for 53 yards (J.Wilson). WAS-J.Wilson was injured during the play.

1-6-WAS6 (3:31) (Shotgun) S.Bradford pass short middle intended for S.Smith INTERCEPTED by L.Fletcher at WAS -5. Touchback.

2nd Drive

1-10-STL11 (7:07) D.Richardson up the middle to SL 12 for 1 yard (P.Riley). SL-W.Hunter was injured during the play.

2-9-STL12 (6:34) D.Richardson left end to SL 14 for 2 yards (P.Riley).

3-7-STL14 (5:53) (Shotgun) D.Richardson left end to SL 10 for -4 yards (C.Griffin).

4-11-STL10 (5:07) J.Hekker punts 66 yards to WAS 24, Center-J.McQuaide. B.Banks to WAS 21 for -3 yards (M.Haggan).

3rd Drive

1-10-STL29 (3:54) S.Bradford pass short right to M.Mulligan pushed ob at SL 42 for 13 yards (L.Fletcher).

1-10-STL42 (3:47) D.Richardson up the middle to SL 44 for 2 yards (Mad.Williams).

2-8-STL44

(3:40) PENALTY on WAS-S.Bowen, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at SL 44 - No Play.

2-3-STL49 (3:40) D.Richardson right guard to WAS 46 for 5 yards (L.Fletcher).

1-10-WAS46 (3:33) D.Richardson left tackle to WAS 41 for 5 yards (P.Riley).

2-5-WAS41 (2:50) D.Richardson right tackle to WAS 39 for 2 yards (L.Fletcher). FUMBLES (L.Fletcher), RECOVERED by WAS-D.Hall at WAS 37. D.Hall to WAS 37 for no gain (L.Kendricks).

4th Drive

1-10-WAS48 (1:13) S.Bradford kneels to WAS 49 for -1 yards.

2-11-WAS49 (:35) S.Bradford kneels to 50 for -1 yards.

I believe the 4th qtr drives for the Rams were

Punt

Punt

Fumble

Wonderful. Where was he in the first 3 quarters when Danny A. was catching 15 balls for 130 yards? Lets let him perfect his part of the defense before annointing him the second coming of Dick LeBeau.

Wonderful. Where was he in the first 3 quarters when Danny A. was catching 15 balls for 130 yards? Lets let him perfect his part of the defense before annointing him the second coming of Dick LeBeau.

He was coaching the defensive backs... while Haslett was putting them in zone coverage...

As if we needed more evidence, this is overwhelming evidence that we are still a bad football team. You DO NOT do this. I agree with the sentiment of many - this CANNOT linger - cut Haslett if that is where this is going. Be decisive. Having the players taking sides and Haslett looking over his shoulder etc is BAD BAD BAD.

Morris didn't make the final play calls though, until, if this article is accurate, the 4th quarter. The cushions and soft zones we were playing were ultimately called by Haslett.

Well to me the questions I have are:

1) Is the article posted on HH actually true?

2) Do you let Haslett have some more games, like to the bye week to change things around?

3) Would the team, specifically the defense improve under Morris?

4) Or is it better to let them work together till the end of the year?

As I said in the other thread, personally I would love to see Morris as the DC.

But we dont know what actually going on behind closed doors.

I just dont see them making a change after regular season games have started.

No one would have thought that the offense would be ahead of the defense right now. I don't think it's that huge of a deal since they are obviously 1 & 1A when it comes to being D.Coordinators, titles be damned. What's more alarming to me is why Haslett was so adamant in sticking with zone when it was getting torched all game.

yeah.. but we are running a bit of a hybrid 3-4.

honestly, with Orakpo out for the season.. we are probably better off going forward if we have 4 people on the line most of the time as opposed to the opposite.

If we put 2 DT's and 2 DE's up there.. we only drop 3 LB'ers.. Kerrigan, Fletch, Riley.

Jenkins, Bowen, Cofield, Golston up front w/ Kerrigan, Fletch and Riley in the back .. sounds wayyyyy better.. .

than... having Rob Jackson dropping into coverage with only 3 guys on the line.

Without Orakpo I wouldn't be surprised to see more 4 down linemen regardless of who the Coach is. But, we will definitely keep running plenty of 3-4. The defense has to continue to grow in the 34 set for future gains.

---------- Post added September-19th-2012 at 11:30 AM ----------

No one would have thought that the offense would be ahead of the defense right now. I don't think it's that huge of a deal since they are obviously 1 & 1A when it comes to being D.Coordinators, titles be damned. What's more alarming to me is why Haslett was so adamant in sticking with zone when it was getting torched all game.

Ego?

How much experience does Raheem have in the 3-4?

I'd say about 8 quarters... lol

That said... Tomlin came from the same defense he did, granted, he has Dick LeBeau...

In all seriousness... I think he's got enough of a grasp and is enough of a football mind to call the defense. He's been here all offseason and he knows the players. He also has London Fletcher.

Let me just say, for those advocating moving to a 4-3, we do not want Golston as a starter. The Rams ran through him all day. I like him as a backup, but having him out there all day would be a mistake.

If, IF, *IF* we for some reason moved towards a 4-3, you'd have to do Jenkins, Bowen, Cofield, Kerrigan in the front, and Fletcher, Riley, and either Wilson or Jackson as the 3 LBs.

Though the simple answer is we do not have the DL depth to run the 4-3.

Archived