Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden 13 Thread

MattFancy

So, I got a text from Gamestop the other day saying that I could pick up Madden at midnight. Yesterday I stopped in to go ahead and pay it off and was told that they wouldn't be having a midnight release. Which is fine with me because I don't like standing in a line at midnight anyway. I found it pretty bad though that they sent out those texts saying people could pick it up but fail to send texts to say they won't be opening. I imagine there were some pretty angry people that showed up to pick up their game early this morning.

Talked to a friend that works at FYE and the reason they didn't have the midnight release is because security wanted too much money.

you can't even use real rosters on the offline coach career mode....WTF?

eh? What are you using then. I'm using the real ones.

---------- Post added August-28th-2012 at 01:37 PM ----------

they rebuilt the game from the ground up, all the old modes will be back in it next year.... great start to rebuilding the madden franchise

Not sure about that, I think connected careers is the way they're going from here out.

Does anyone know when EA drops the price on the Madden games? is it before Christmas or not until after? I want to pick this up, I havent played madden in 8 years, but don't want to pay full price for a game I won't play that much and will be back in its case for good once GTA V coms out.

Does anyone know when EA drops the price on the Madden games? is it before Christmas or not until after? I want to pick this up, I havent played madden in 8 years, but don't want to pay full price for a game I won't play that much and will be back in its case for good once GTA V coms out.

Someone here once told me you could get bargains off Amazon.com for these types of games

2302786-maddenfall0000.gif

love the clowns who bash ea.... the nfl came to them and offered the exclusive rights to madden, and if the game is so bad why does it always top the charts every year?

No real emotion involved here, but ESPN's "2k" franchise was light years ahead of madden gameplay-wise when the exclusivity agreement occurred, putting ESPN out of the video game business. Madden's the only game in town now, but those of us who played both franchises miss the hell out of 2k.

I will say that this year seemed much better than the last two iterations, but I still believe that 2010 was the best on this generation of consoles. There were some bugs, but it wasn't terrible. 2011 was one of the worst games ever made, and 2012 wasn't a lot better.

love the clowns who bash ea.... the nfl came to them and offered the exclusive rights to madden, and if the game is so bad why does it always top the charts every year?

And they proceeded to do nothing with the exclusive license. They do not incorporate anything from ESPN and the fact that the commentary, pre-game shows, halftime shows and franchise mode all lag behind an 8-year old game is pathetic. The only reason I buy the game is to play a franchise with the Redskins and my only option is Madden. And it's baffling that you're trying to be sarcastic about the game topping the charts, it's the only game that has NFL football.

People have legitimate reasons as to why they have not bought Madden in a few years, or outright refuse to buy it. Do you work for EA? Do you have some sentimental attachment to them? To call someone a clown because they've voiced their displeasure over certain features being taken out, or unflattering features being added, and thus won't buy a copy, is, ironically, clownish on your part.

I myself have not bought a copy since '08, and I can respect people who will refuse to buy a copy if they personally feel that it is not worth it. I'd have had a bigger problem with someone who would complain constantly about it, and then go buy a copy. The Madden games, as far as content, were better 7-8 years ago, back when they had competition. When they (EA) monopolized their competition, they began to get a little lazy with their product, which is normally what happens in situations like that (in all realms of business), but people will still buy it, because it's the only NFL game out there.

2k for NBA ran EA's NBA Live out of business.

Same thing could have happened to Madden if 2k was allowed to produce games after 2k5. Madden has been crap for years now. It sells because people love football and this is the only option.

It's remarkable how bad Madden is in comparison to other EA games. FIFA and NHL are fantastic.

Meh so far...I hate to be that guy but it's just ehh so far

I had the same thought when I played the demo. Played 2 quarters and the same **** that annoys me every year annoys me.

Anyone have any plans to start a Madden League? Im not great at the game but would really like to join one.

Im in (on Xbox 360) if there is one. the one last year was really good, then people who actually are good at madden got in and whipped my ass pretty good until I couldn't take it.

Because people are idiots and just go and buy it every year the day it comes out.

Myself included...... :)

Archived