Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden 13 Thread

MattFancy

so people cant make the game unrealistic by jacking players ratings up to 99 in every category? or do a fantasy draft? and this game is far from poor, its very well done, and you can sit here and complain all you want, but fact is millions of people dont buy a "poor product" is it as good as it could have been? no, but no football game is, this game was far from botched, your blind hatred clouds your judgement amigo

Millions of people buy Call of Duty, doesn't make it a good game. I don't have blind hatred for this game, this is the first year in a while that I've decided to pass on madden. The game was botched, removing key features is one of the reasons not to mention the mounds and mounds of complaints about connected careers.

They can't win? They deserve no praise for doing something this late into the current-gen consoles when they've been putting out a pathetic product year after year. They left out key features in this years edition that hardcore Madden players use and then blame the factor on time when they were given more time last season which obviously extended into this season with the late August release. They botched it and no matter how poorly the game is put together people will still buy it and pledge their allegiance to it which means next year will be more of the same.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm far from being a fan boy. I've taken the past couple of years off from Madden but I'm back this year. They botched the game by leaving out the fantasy draft? Sorry just not seeing it.

Millions of people buy Call of Duty, doesn't make it a good game. I don't have blind hatred for this game, this is the first year in a while that I've decided to pass on madden. The game was botched, removing key features is one of the reasons not to mention the mounds and mounds of complaints about connected careers.

What key features did they leave out? Fantasy draft and player edits... kind of a weak argument there guy..... oh and as for call of duty, id take the fun run and gun it offers over battlefield any day

I bought Madden on Saturday, and returned it on Sunday.

I'm HUGE on realism, and not being able to edit rosters while in season in CC was the deal breaker for me. I don't know what EA was thinking. I get the rationale for locking player edits in online leagues, but for people like me who mostly play offline, it made ZERO sense. THis isn't even something that's patchable. I'll buy it in '14 if things are corrected.

*The correct model for doing things is the 2K series for b-ball.

What key features did they leave out? Fantasy draft and player edits... kind of a weak argument there guy..... oh and as for call of duty, id take the fun run and gun it offers over battlefield any day

And you can have fun with lag compensation as well...

---------- Post added September-4th-2012 at 10:36 PM ----------

I'm HUGE on realism, and not being able to edit rosters while in season in CC was the deal breaker for me. I don't know what EA was thinking. I get the rationale for locking player edits in online leagues, but for people like me who mostly play offline, it made ZERO sense. THis isn't even something that's patchable. I'll buy it in '14 if things are corrected.

My feelings exactly. I just can't stand the idea of a staple of the game being removed for no reason whatsoever not to mention CC is basically scripted. This game needs some competition or nothing will ever change.

---------- Post added September-4th-2012 at 10:36 PM ----------

My feelings exactly. I just can't stand the idea of a staple of the game being removed for no reason whatsoever not to mention CC is basically scripted. This game needs some competition or nothing will ever change.

I bought NCAA 13 and sold it within a week. I just didn't see any major differences between it and '12. And I was a big NCAA guy for the past few years.

i bought both madden and ncaa 13 this year after not buying ncaa EVER and not buying madden since 05. i think they are both pretty much the same guy with slight differences (just like CFB and NFL). ncaa has an awesome online dynasty mode that i got a bunch of people at work to get into (remember i live in the south where CFB is king). i've only played 2 games of madden, one online ranked and one with my UT against the CPU for some coins. i have created a playbook and they both have basically the same money plays, they are just called different stuff. i like both games but i need to get into an online madden franchise or whatever it's called so i can see how it really is, because playing against people who don't cheese is pretty big in my book.

i must say i hate going up against oregon/michigan/uscali game after game after game in ncaa, but i'm sure it's pretty much the same in madden where everyone picks the patriots or the cowboys or whatever. the only difference is i play with maryland in ncaa and it sucks because you have to bring instant pressure or your corners will get dusted which leaves you open to getting slanted on all day, not sure if the redskins are as bad as maryland is compared to the rest of the league.

the "physics" are ok in madden but i don't really see too many players go down like a nerd getting punched by the biggest guy in school in madden to often, arms flailing everywhere and what not. plus there's plays like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD9P0ELCipM

skip to 2:30 although the next play is NCAA and the dude breaks like 10 tackles to take a kick for a runback isn't very realistic either, but in ncaa you can set it up so your guys try and big hit and strip the ball which is what happened there.

both are solid imo.

I gotta agree with Taylor and Artest. No matter how hard i'm trying to like '13, it's hard. I'm even more mad because I skipped '12...I might go buy it now. I still play '11 offline, franchise and careers.

Com'on EA if you're gonna keep changing things over and over, at least allow for people to pay for roster updates

If Madden hadn't gotten exclusive NFL rights then 2k would have put it out of business years ago IMO. '12 had the same problems as previous ones, specifically lackluster tackling animation, unrealistic LBers, and jump is almost non-existent when you switch to the WR to make a jump catch or the CB to jump on an INT.

I played '13 with a buddy at his house and while I do think the graphics are better, the gameplay seems to be more of the same so far, and franchise mode was butchered. I'm probably going to pass on picking this one up, and am hoping 2k or someone else can get a deal with the NFL or find a way around it, because Madden having the NFL monopoly allows them to phone it in, and it's caused them to put out a lesser product for several years now.

i havent bought this game in 4 years now. And before that, i bought every single one of them. Im happy with my decision. Each year they fix things that didnt need fixed (creating a new problem), neglect fixing things that need it, and proclaim a " better physics engine " will make it the best madden ever. I could care less about how many people can join in on a gang tackle. Fix the game play first.

On the other hand, 2K has absolutely killed it with basketball. Im halfway upset i never bought the game when arenas was on the cover. Count me in for the next installment. Its too bad they cant legally compete with madden here. They know what they are doing.

Yeah 2k is phenomenal with basketball, and when they did football they were better than Madden. Notice how 2K was around for football in the early 200s, so Madden busts out significant improvements in '05, one of their best years, then in December '04 EA gets the NFL rights and there's no more competition so they just seem to phone it in the rest of the seasons and don't fix lasting problems in gameplay and design. However, next year the contract ends, so maybe 2K will make a return. If they did they'd have a good chance at ending Madden, they produce a better product.

I am sad to hear that the linebackers are still super human. It is one of my biggest gripes. I saw a video where a game designer said that they fixed the switching to CB problem. That it could be done now without the player slowing down, except I keep seeing people say that this is a problem in the game.

All of the features they removed from the game this year will be added over the next couple of years and they will be tagged as 'New.' They will be promoted as selling points which is sad. You can now edit your rosters!!!!! Yay!!!!

The new team working on Madden say they have a three year plan. Everything will be fixed in three years. Within three years we are going to have new consoles. My question is, are they going to use the excuse that they have to learn how to code on the new consoles before they get it right? I know that was an excuse when the PS3 and 360 started.

Also, why should I give you money when you admit the game will not be great until three years from now????? Do a roster update for everyone next year for $5 - $10 and skip a damn year and get it right. I understand it is hard to improve things when you are constantly rushed to put out a product yearly. People would be much much happier if this happened, but EAs pocket books wouldn't be and that is the problem.

How come every year when a new Madden comes out, one of the game designers promotes this years game while trashing previous years games? It happens every year. 'Well we fixed 'x' because we knew it was a problem last year. It just didn't work right. We heard lots of complaints. So that was a main focus this year. Last years game was broke. Also, remember this feature from the PS2? Well we finally put it in the new game. So it is new and you will pay for it because we have real players. NA NA NA BOO BOO stick your head in DOO DOO'

What really sucks is I used to only play football and hockey games. Since the PS3 came out, I barely touch football games. I might try it out for a couple of weeks in Sept, but always give up on it. I would buy a well made 2k game with fake rosters, as long as it had franchise mode, before I would buy a Madden game. What sucks is that they will never make one because people are too infatuated with playing with the real players. Playing with real players is greater than good game play.

The super LB's have been fixed as far as I've seen. No more jumping up over the middle and picking off passes, the new pass trajectories fixed that.

What I find interesting is you have people saying bah, Madden 13 sucks, I'm sticking with 12. Meanwhile that same person probably blasted 12 when it came out and said they were sticking with 11.

People always hate change, no matter how big or small, that's what it usually boils down to.

People always hate change, no matter how big or small, that's what it usually boils down to.

I am one of those people that hates change, always have and probably always will. This is the first year I didn't get the game on release day since Madden 2002, I got it as a birthday present in October that year, but I dont plan on getting 13. I always play offline, with the majority of time spent in franchise mode. From what I have read, the new connected careers has a bunch of bugs to it and it sounds like stuff that could be an easy fix but they shouldn't have put that mode in if it wasn't ready to go. The dealbreaker for me on this game though is the lack of roster editing. It has been in all of the previous years so why not this year? I don't think you should be able to edit ratings during career modes, I was surprised when they added that last year, but everything else you should be able to such as names, numbers, positions, and equipment. If they can patch that in, I will probably get this game otherwise I will have to wait and hope its added next year.

Yeah 2k is phenomenal with basketball, and when they did football they were better than Madden. Notice how 2K was around for football in the early 200s, so Madden busts out significant improvements in '05, one of their best years, then in December '04 EA gets the NFL rights and there's no more competition so they just seem to phone it in the rest of the seasons and don't fix lasting problems in gameplay and design. However, next year the contract ends, so maybe 2K will make a return. If they did they'd have a good chance at ending Madden, they produce a better product.

Madden keeps getting extensions. I finally sat down and played Madden 13 this weekend and its just not fun to me. I tried to like it because of the engine change and updated rosters but I just dont like it. Its not like I'm losing or anything my first play ever in the game I return a kick for a TD, 2nd play is a pick 6(This is All Madden)

I just like how in 2k there was more strategy involved in doing things, Madden I feel a 6 year old can pick up the controller do anything and provide some type of challenge. Madden is just now adding things that APF 2K8 had years ago. I guess I'm going to stick to playing APF 2k8 and as long as online servers are still up that game is still more fun to play than Madden.

Question for the xbox360 ppl who play online...

Is there any way to play RANKED games with someone on your friends list? Every time i try to invite my buddy to play online it says we have to play an Unranked game and therefore the stats dont count and it doesnt count toward your Win/Loss record.

I tried to get around this by going to a Lobby and then inviting him there but the same thing happened......it said only an Unranked game can be played with someone on your friends list.

Is the only way to do it to DE-Friend him and then basically just go to the same lobby and invite him there.......would that even work?

Any help would be appreciated.

The only way to do it is by luck of the draw.

A couple years ago my friend and I would keep pushing play now at the same time and backing out until we got each other to play a ranked game.

Edit:

Reading what you said, it's possible you can't even do that now.

Are you sure? My first game was against a friend and I remember asking him if he wanted to play a ranked or unranked match. I remember it being an option, unless there was no way to toggle the choice back and forth.

Edit: Now that I think about it, you probably can't play an online ranked game against a friend. You'd probably have people playing ranked games against "friends" in order to shoot up the leaderboards.

APF2K was easily the most overrated franchise in sports game history, hell the nf 2 series in general sucked, i went a game doing nothing but runs with clinton portis and racked up over 500 yds easily.... theres no strategy to that at all lol

You can't honestly believe this? 2K football was on-par, if not better than Madden nearly every year of it's existence.

You can't honestly believe this? 2K football was on-par, if not better than Madden nearly every year of it's existence.

Nope. 2K was better than Madden from 99-01. Madden 2002 was better than NFL. 2K3 and ESPN Football were on par with Madden 03 and 04. 2005, 2K5 was great, but Madden changed the game with that hitstick. Too bad 2K Sports never got a chance to answer back and that APF2K did suck. If it didn't they would have kept on making the,.

I find it ironic that what EA Sports did to 2Ksports in football legally, 2Ksports did to EA Sports in basketball with no contract at all. NBA2K is just that much better :ols:

NBA2K is just that much better :ols:

It wasn't always like that but starting NBA2k7, which was the time when current-gen console gaming really took off, 2k adapted to the powerful xbox and ps3 engines. EA put out a bunch of crap and it caught up to them.

The crap EA put out from 07-12 was an embarrassment and the reason why I still haven't purchased Madden. I'll probably get it in like 2-3 months at a lower price. I can certainly imagine that if EA had competition in the last 5 years, and 2k did similar stuff as the NBA franchise, then Madden would be sitting in a trash can along with NBA Live.

What confuses me is that EA does make good sports games. For one reason or the other, they just suck really bad at making an NFL or NBA game.

A pretty general question, but how do you get good at Madden? I just blew $60 on '13 and want to be able to play online without embarrassing myself.

I messed around with practice mode for an hour last night to get the pass timing worked out, but I'm still throwing way too many interceptions.

Archived