Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thursday 8/2: Training Camp Tweets/Comments/What not

I know I asked this same ? about James Lee... but is it good or bad we haven't heard anything of Chris Chester? At least that I've seen, anyway.

Depending on the RT situation, I could see him having a very solid year after a year in the system. I've seen a lot of posters criticize him, but feel like I read a fair number of favorable reports on him last year. Of course one of the positives was that he and Brown were developing good chemistry... which might matter much now.

Coincidentally, the past two days since I asked about Lee, I've seen numerous tweets posted here (and the Breaking News Section - thanks Hap!) mentioning him... none of them particularly good, unfortunately. Starting to wonder if he gets a huge break with Brown out and Hurt shifting back to LG.

Anyway, that's my contribution to the 'what not'.

I can't believe the media are keeping tabs on Luck's training camp passing stats... and even comparing them to RG3's.

Its training camp, their ROOKIE training camp. Mistakes are made in training camp, mean absolutely squat at this point in their careers.

Throwing 4 INTS... lol Though RG3 has also thrown 4 picks so far... i think

Ha Russell responds to me on twitter.

@Murphs56: In 4 Days, Andrew Luck has more INTS than RG III has thrown all of camp. Lets talk about that

@Russellmania980: My job isn't to cover Andrew Luck..it is to cover RG III. Every rookie QB is going to make a bunch of mistakes...Just being honest

Correct me if i am wrong but, wouldn't a mauling OT be a good fit at RT? I am sure they wouldn't be super slow, probably a 40 time of 5.0-5.1? Stout run blocker decent pass blocker?

Not in a ZBS. You need your tackles able to move laterally. A mauler normally is used to talk about a guy who likes to do his work in a phone booth and lock onto the guy opposite him and drive him off the LOS - typically better in a power man blocking scheme.

I'm not wanting him "off" the roster as much as I'd like to see another WR beat him out. I just don't see what he brings to the table that we don't already have. He's been nothing special for 2 years.

Figured that's what you were trying to communicate. I guess I was sort of messing with you bur the guy I most recently wanted OFF the roster was Fat Al. Now, yes, if by "being off the roster"* means that you hope or believe that there is currently a better alternative to make the roster but then I'd say something like this WR is not our in the top 6 (maybe add I hope or believe).

Hopefully they will cut Kentwan Balmer and bring in additional help up front

What's wierd is, everytime I see us release a player from one position, we seem to sign a guy at another position. We released McCaskill and brought in a CB. We release Goff and bring in Jordan.

---------- Post added August-3rd-2012 at 08:17 AM ----------

Casserly was between a rock and a hard place there. Horrible quarterback class, you're an expansion franchise that needs to have a face for the future. Bad pick, without a doubt.

But, he also drafted Andre Johnson, DeMeco Ryans, Mario Williams, and Owen Daniels. He wasn't all bad. Wasn't a great GM, but I think he has a better eye than people give him credit for.

As for his "I'd take Luck over RG3 10 times out of 10" comment, pretty sure you'd see a lot of front office personnel who would say that. I know he's our guy, but I don't think Casserly was badmouthing him, and he's been very complimentary towards the fans, the players we have now and towards our coaches. So yeah. Not that bad.

Exactly. Take a poll of the other 31 GMs before this years draft and I guarantee 31 out of 31 of them would have taken Luck first overall.

---------- Post added August-3rd-2012 at 08:23 AM ----------

Figured that's what you were trying to communicate. I guess I was sort of messing with you bur the guy I most recently wanted OFF the roster was Fat Al. Now, yes, if by "being off the roster"* means that you hope or believe that there is currently a better alternative to make the roster but then I'd say something like this WR is not our in the top 6 (maybe add I hope or believe).

This is what I'm hoping to be the final 6:

Moss, Garcon, Hank, Morgan, Armstrong and Banks. Put Lewis on Practice Squad with Alderick Robinson.

Ha Russell responds to me on twitter.

@Murphs56: In 4 Days, Andrew Luck has more INTS than RG III has thrown all of camp. Lets talk about that

@Russellmania980: My job isn't to cover Andrew Luck..it is to cover RG III. Every rookie QB is going to make a bunch of mistakes...Just being honest

Stick it to the man Murph, great friggin job there.

2 or 3. Whatever it is. He gets the short end of the stick went it comes to being a rookie QB. Luck gets no scrutiny but RG III is vilified by the DC media for making mistakes in practice and compared to Luck he's been pretty damn good. it's unfair .. Maybe people are jealous of his commercials, i just don't know

oh please. the fact that fans are keeping track of luck's completion percentage through training camp practices is already absurd, next-level scrutiny.

Stick it to the man Murph, great friggin job there.

I'm just sick of Russell's biased RG III bashing. Yeah, some of the people on here say i'm overreacting, but I looked at the guys tweets the other day...There was 1 positive RG III tweet about a keeper he had for a 50 yard TD and the rest were allllll negative. I know he's had more positive moments than 1 keeper

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

Fred Davis....Says he has "to make Vinny look good."

Doing that would put him in the HoF.

---------- Post added August-3rd-2012 at 01:20 PM ----------

I'm just sick of Russell's biased RG III bashing. Yeah, some of the people on here say i'm overreacting, but I looked at the guys tweets the other day...There was 1 positive RG III tweet about a keeper he had for a 50 yard TD and the rest were allllll negative. I know he's had more positive moments than 1 keeper

I'm with you. Any media type that can't write anything positive about the topic they cover is useless in my opinion. You get one POV and it's not usually even an accurate one. If he were reporting good AND bad then I would take him seriously. At this point he just looks like he's got an ax to grind.

\

Totally agree with you there buddy, he seems to be pointing out anything and everything negative. Just listening to him you would think RGIII is a third string work in progress. There are too many other reports about strong arm throws and hitting guys in stride for his tweets to be true overall.

Any tweets from today's practice?

just started...

Mike Jones@MikeJonesWaPo

#Redskins practice underway. Armstrong, Gomes, Carriker, Young, Lewis and Lee watching

---------- Post added August-3rd-2012 at 03:18 PM ----------

Rich Tandler‏@Rich_Tandler

Carriker not in pads, peresumably a vet's day off. #Redskins

---------- Post added August-3rd-2012 at 03:19 PM ----------

random tweet...

NFL: AroundTheLeague‏@NFL_ATL

During @nflnetwork spot, @MoveTheSticks notes that RGIII was a little "skittish" and game moved fast for him at practice.

Well which one is it? Either he's holding on to the ball trying to make a decision, or he's skittish and is looking to leave the pocket quickly. cant have it both ways.

Im just going to silently pray that it is him holding on to the ball because he knows he aint going to get hit.....................PLEASE let it be that (in all seriousness I am like 99 percent sure that is the reason.)

Archived