Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thursday 8/2: Training Camp Tweets/Comments/What not

I know some are big Casserly lovers around here, but I'm not one of them. I find it highly comforting that the guy who drafted Heath Shuler would have picked someone other than Griffin.

I heard what Casserly said on 980. He said that he would pick luck 10 out of 10 times because he was the more pro-ready QB. He said it was as if Luck had already graduated and RG3 is finishing up college in terms of being pro-ready. He also said that RG3 has a laser arm, unbelievable physical tools, and that nothing he has seen from RG3 indicates he cannot become an elite QB in this league. The question was along the lines of who would you pick if you were the GM.

All that aside, I still don't put much stock in what Casserly says.

“Who’s been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? His percentage is

like a meteorologist,” Belichick :ols:

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

#Redskins have refs at today's practice. Brandon Banks just got behind Kevin Barnes & Tanard Jackson for a home run ball from Rex Grossman.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 12:52 PM ----------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

#Redskins players wearing just practice shells to today's practice, for the first time since last Friday #skinscamp

I want Trent to prove it on the field.

i don't care what he says.

For all I know his quote "John Keim ‏@john_keim

#Redskins LT Trent Williams: "I'm trying to be the best, not just better."

You could inset Fat Al, & I wouldn't know the difference.

Yes Trent, you could be the best.

I hope you become the VERY best.

I hope you make Jacoby & Lachey look like rookies.

I'm rooting for ya...

But if ya retired today.

You would be in Redskins lore between Heath Shuler & Patrick Ramsey.

Somewhere in the middle.

That's my thought on it.

prove me wrong, buddy!

And if he didn't say anything that would be a problem to a lot of people too. Should he not say that?

Cali...the dude has been suspended 4 games, goes out & purchases "CRAP" that would pay my mortgage & has been beaten more often than not, when on the football field.

Forget being the best

Hell...forget the probowl

I would just be happy, if he stays healthy & doesn't get RG3 killed.

That's the explanation of my twaddle..bud.

Have you read what Orakpo and Kerrigan are saying about Trent--the huge difference over last year? And Trent reportedly spent the offseason working very hard.

Your view of Trent's play when he's been on the field is incredibly skewed. In the wrong direction.

My view of Trent Williams, is that he's a bust.

Until he proves to me, otherwise.

Just because we get tweets of..."I'm working hard...I want to be the best...blah...blah...blah"

They are just words.

They mean absolutely nothing to me.

Albert Haynesworth said he was going to aspire to be like Reggie White.

Weeks later, he was flopping on the ground like my Beta out of the tank.

I want to see results.

I want to see him push Demarcus Ware to the ground.

Use Justin Tuck as a whoopie cushion.

Until then, he's on par to have a career like Tony Mandarich.

I'm HOPING, he will be a better version of Chris Samuels.

Stay in denial if you like, but I know what I see.

Cali...the dude has been suspended 4 games, goes out & purchases "CRAP" that would pay my mortgage & has been beaten more often than not, when on the football field.

Forget being the best

Hell...forget the probowl

I would just be happy, if he stays healthy & doesn't get RG3 killed.

That's the explanation of my twaddle..bud.

Haters gonna hate Who cares what bling he buys and what tattoos he gets. Doesnt change his game any, so why bring that "crap" up.

If any 3rd year player retired today would you put them in the ring of fame, doubt it.

This guy is saying all the right things and doing all the right things since his suspension.

The only intelligent thing you said was " if he stays healthy & doesn't get RG3 killed." all the other stuff is hogwash.

Redskins ‏@Redskins

NFL officials present at today's #Redskins practice. Only one yellow flag through the first hour of practice. #laundry #skinscamp

Lemont Williams Lemont Williams ‏@LemontWilliams

FYI, not every NFL teams runs their Training Camp the same... I starting to like the Redskins camp.. I had to get the Texans out my system.

Your view of Trent's play when he's been on the field is incredibly skewed. In the wrong direction.

Anyone who says a Olineman gets beat more often than not likely doesn't pay attention. By nature of the position the probability of that being correct is extremely slim.

Just because we get tweets of..."I'm working hard...I want to be the best...blah...blah...blah"

They are just words.

I want to see results.

I don't know how to break it to you, but you might want to get your eyes checked, if you're that confident that you "know what you see".

I'm not talking about his words. I'm talking about his play on the field. He's made mistakes that young guys make, and been inconsistent, but he's also absolutely stonewalled many elite pass rushers.

You sound ridiculous in these posts. Again, it's not about words, or promises, or anything else. Its the fact that he's constantly flashed elite talent in this league. Most people on this board have seen it.

We need stevemcqueen to come in here and preach Trent's elite, though inconsistent, play over the past two seasons.

I'm hoping you realize how good Samuels was. Saying he's not as good as Samuels wouldn't make Williams a bust by any stretch.

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

Chris Cooley wirh spectacular catch over Keenan Robinson on wheel route. Ruled catch by official

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 01:05 PM ----------

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Chris Cooley just had a phenomenal diving catch, fully extended with Keenan Robinson draped on him. #Redskins

They are just words.

I want to see results.

The one thing I can really praise you for is wanting Trent Williams to become god-like at the LT position, which you clearly do want, but how can you even enjoy watching sports if you are this skeptical about him? Clearly he is impressing everyone at camp, Shanahan included, and on top of that, his mind is in the right place. Sure, he was out 4 games last season, but when he is in, he regularly holds down that left side. He goes up with the likes of Ware, Babin, and JPP on a regular basis so he knows he is up against the best talent and has to have the level of play to match that. Also, I guarantee you, being on the offensive line and getting a QB you finally feel like is WORTH protecting probably motivates you immensely.

Sit back, take a breath, and let some optimism in. Not the kind of optimism that see's RGIII as taking us to the playoffs in his rookie year, we have too much of that. Try just taking note of the culture change surrounding this club and picture where we could potentially be in 5 years. Try that.

Hail.

@Missouri_Skins_Fan:

You know Trent held DeMarcus Ware to 0 sacks last year? Yes, THE DeMarcus Ware, the one who plays for the Dallas Cowboys? Who is unanimously considered the best pass rusher in the NFL? The one who they had to switch to Jammal Brown's side *cough* so he could finally get to Grossman?

I'm hoping you realize how good Samuels was. Saying he's not as good as Samuels wouldn't make Williams a bust by any stretch.

Yes, I realize how good Chris Samuels was.

If I could swap him for Trent right now, I'd do it in a NY minute.

But we have to HOPE, that Trent IS a true franchise LT, or we're in trouble.

...and he hasn't shown me, that he is truly responsible nor dedicated to protect our investment.

I hope & PRAY...I'm wrong about him.

I do forgive his mistakes and hoping for the best & that he's changed his ways & is willing to do everything he can, to be the best he can be for the Washington Redskins.

Archived