Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thursday 8/2: Training Camp Tweets/Comments/What not

2. Some highlight plays included FS Madieu Williams playing deep CF and breaking up a long bomb from RGIII to Garcon on the first full play of team drills. Also, Brandyn Thompson had a perfectly timed hard hit inside the 5-yard line, to jar loose a potential TD by Anthony Armstrong.

3. Kirk Cousins had his best practice so far, dialing long

distance on a play-action bomb with some boot action to Aldrick Robinson, who torched DJ Gomes and Kevin Barnes. Cousins also hit Pierre Garcon for a red zone score in the back corner of the end zone. He said the play to Robinson, a long crossing diagonal left to right route was just installed in the morning.

4. While 6th round rookie Alfred Morris continues to impress, Lennon Creer, an undrafted rookie had his 2nd fumble in the last 3 days along w/ some bad pass pro - which is never good.

5. Finally in one-on-one OL-DL drills, the WINNERS were in my opinion - Trent Williams, Josh LeRibeus late, DL-Chris Baker, DL Doug Worthington, and Kedric Golston was a winner a couple of times. ....LOSERS were Nick Marinez (shredded), Erik Cook, Tyler Polumbus, and didn't see Chris Neild do anything.

https://www.facebook.com/espnradio980?ref=stream

Damnit, I came in here looking for a bunch of somesuch, but all I can find is this big pile of whatnot.

:silly:

Would you go do your Babe Draft pick, please?!?! :mad::ols:

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 05:19 AM ----------

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_Tandler

Just think, #Redskins could have had both Brown and LaRon. RT @janesports: Looks like LaRon Landry won't be practicing. #Jets #RedskinsTalk.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 05:34 AM ----------

Rick Snider ‏@Snide_Remarks

Raheem and the Misfits - coming to a secondary near you. #Redskins http://bit.ly/MevzNd

A couple random thoughts...

I like hearing that Cousins is picking things up. It can only be a good thing to have 2-3 guys who can run this offense.

I think we should keep Morris, Royster, and Helu as our RBs.

For some reason, I'm not overly concerned about the OL. I don't believe we'll see the Hogs from 1991, but I think with the different combinations we can throw in there, we'll be OK. I'll put it this way, I don't think our OL will be the reason we lose games.

Damnit, I came in here looking for a bunch of somesuch, but all I can find is this big pile of whatnot.

:silly:

Out of all of it, I was looking forward to the whatnot.

The more I hear about Morris looking good, the more me thinks THT will not make the 53 final cut.

I agree. But he didn't impress me at all (THT) last season with the exception of the Carolina game, which is the game he got hurt in.

For some reason, I'm not overly concerned about the OL. I don't believe we'll see the Hogs from 1991, but I think with the different combinations we can throw in there, we'll be OK. I'll put it this way, I don't think our OL will be the reason we lose games.

What worries me about the OL is its lack of balance. As in, the left side is much, much stronger than the right side at the moment. If that holds true during the season, teams won't respect runs and bootlegs to the right, which would limit our offense's ability to keep defenses off-balance.

What worries me about the OL is its lack of balance. As in, the left side is much, much stronger than the right side at the moment. If that holds true during the season, teams won't respect runs and bootlegs to the right, which would limit our offense's ability to keep defenses off-balance.

In this case, we may see the FB, or H-Back help out more often on the right side. I guess a TE could help there too. Hightower seems like a good pass blocker too if needed.

Still though...yeah, I'm kinda worried about that right side.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Is it me or us @RGIII seemingly on every other commercial? He has become as commercially visible as Peyton Manning.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 06:32 AM ----------

SportsBlooded ‏@SportsBlooded

The Redskins are tailoring their offense around their new star QB- RG3. See how they're doing it here- http://bit.ly/T4Cnll

I think we should keep Morris, Royster, and Helu as our RBs.

I think the only way we keep Morris over Hightower is if Morris can contribute as both a special teamer and a fullback in addition to RB duty. Then again, maybe Hightower will start the season on the PUP list, in which case we'll have to go with Morris anyway.

Man. Just thinking about our RB situation makes me wonder how crazy our offense would be if we still had Clinton Portis in his prime. Sometimes I forget just how good of an all-around back he was.

I think the only way we keep Morris over Hightower is if Morris can contribute as both a special teamer and a fullback in addition to RB duty. Then again, maybe Hightower will start the season on the PUP list, in which case we'll have to go with Morris anyway.

Man. Just thinking about our RB situation makes me wonder how crazy our offense would be if we still had Clinton Portis in his prime. Sometimes I forget just how good of an all-around back he was.

If the reports are true, I dont think they will take the changes of cutting Morris. We will probably carry them all. Morris doubling as FB/RB. Remember we wont be carrying 7 WRs like last year, or was it 8 last year?

I was under the impression THT was already practicing and thus ineligible for the PUP list?

I do however wish we had stashed him on PUP for the first 6 weeks to allow these other three to shake things out. I don't think we'll have a Peterson or a Rice but we may have a strong unit similar to New Orleans.

Yep, Portis was our best lineman.

I was under the impression THT was already practicing and thus ineligible for the PUP list?

I do however wish we had stashed him on PUP for the first 6 weeks to allow these other three to shake things out. I don't think we'll have a Peterson or a Rice but we may have a strong unit similar to New Orleans.

Ah that is true, good point. And I guess it is better to have a bunch of good players in lieu of one great player in the event the one great player goes down.

Hearing that Jammal doesn't really have full permission to be away from the staff and not check in with team doctors. He's frustrated with injuries, team is becoming frustrated with him.

70% chance IMO that we don't see Jammal on the field this year.

I think that your 70% is a bit conservative...I 100% do not expect to see him. Good thing we dropped that nice extension on him last year. Hopefully, there are some injury clauses as I cannot belive that what is bothering him now was completely non exisitent when we extended.

I wonder if Indy might have made a bad pick. :)

Based off of marketability?

Game is played on the field. I don't care how much exposure RGIII/Luck have. I want wins...as do the fans in Indy. I seriously doubt that they are kicking themselves in the butt for drafting Andrew Luck.

Archived