Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thursday 8/2: Training Camp Tweets/Comments/What not

We're pretty lucky to have Rex. If RGIII were incapacitated we could start Rex and have a fighter's chance. But he's not a real threat to RGIII. He knows his role. He knows this offense and he's played in this offense. He has a decent amount of respect from the players around him and he doesn't lack confidence.

Starters in this league are hard to find. So are backups. I think Rex, for our situation, is one of the better options we could have.

@Missouri_Skins_Fan:

You know Trent held DeMarcus Ware to 0 sacks last year? Yes' date=' THE DeMarcus Ware, the one who plays for the Dallas Cowboys? Who is unanimously considered the best pass rusher in the NFL? The one who they had to switch to Jammal Brown's side *cough* so he could finally get to Grossman?[/quote']

So that is what happened to Brown's hip!...

So based off all these tweets, who do you guys see in our receiving core? Obviously were gonna use Garcon, Moss, Morgan, and Hankerson, but who do you see rounding out those last 2 or 3 spots? I've got Banks securing another one because he sounds like he's impressing people again, although he has done that before. and Anthony Armstrong grabbing one. Chick Hernandez was saying on CSN that Garcon, Armstrong, and RGIII have a great chemistry going on right now.

We're pretty lucky to have Rex. If RGIII were incapacitated we could start Rex and have a fighter's chance. But he's not a real threat to RGIII. He knows his role. He knows this offense and he's played in this offense. He has a decent amount of respect from the players around him and he doesn't lack confidence.

Starters in this league are hard to find. So are backups. I think Rex, for our situation, is one of the better options we could have.

Completely agree 100%.

We are lucky to have Rex, as our backup QB.

I'm with you; Casserly should become a weather man and after Shuler pick am glad he is an ex-redskin.

Schuler wasn't Casserly's pick. Casserly wanted to draft Trent Dilfer---not worlds difference, but still, he wasn't on board with Schuler. Schuler was Norv Turner's baby and project. He thought he saw Troy Aikman in Schuler. He was wrong.

Come on. Casserly picking Luck over RG3 is NOT the same as saying RG3 won't be successful. Y'all are raking him over the coals for no reason here.

Definitely agree...Luck is the safer pick but Griffin could have the higher ceiling. I'd be willing to bet that most GMs would take Luck over Griffin. I'd also be willing to bet that most of those same GMs believe that Griffin will be good too.

So, what's that have to do with wanting someone off the roster?

I'm not wanting him "off" the roster as much as I'd like to see another WR beat him out. I just don't see what he brings to the table that we don't already have. He's been nothing special for 2 years.

My view of Trent Williams, is that he's a bust.

Until he proves to me, otherwise.

Just because we get tweets of..."I'm working hard...I want to be the best...blah...blah...blah"

Most of the tweets that these guys have been posting have him "stonewalling" everyone in 1 on 1s, scrimmages, without pads and with pads. What more do you want? the games haven't started yet.

My view of Trent Williams, is that he's a bust.

Until he proves to me, otherwise.

Just because we get tweets of..."I'm working hard...I want to be the best...blah...blah...blah"

They are just words.

They mean absolutely nothing to me.

Albert Haynesworth said he was going to aspire to be like Reggie White.

Weeks later, he was flopping on the ground like my Beta out of the tank.

I want to see results.

I want to see him push Demarcus Ware to the ground.

Use Justin Tuck as a whoopie cushion.

Until then, he's on par to have a career like Tony Mandarich.

I'm HOPING, he will be a better version of Chris Samuels.

Stay in denial if you like, but I know what I see.

Please explain why you keep comparing Trent Williams who has had some off field issues (although his choice in tattoo art only seems to be an issue to a few fans who have a problem with how he spends his money) to Fat Albert who had on-field issues associated with his work ethic and his refusal to buy into the scheme? The two can't be compared. His proclivity for trees aside, Trent has shown a level of dedication to his overall game and to this team that Fat Albert only showed to groping waitresses. The same season when Fat Albert was laying on the ground doing the worm and letting the play go on without him, Trent was sprinting down field (much to my dismay because I was certain someone that big running that fast was going to tear something) trying to prevent turnovers from turning into touchdowns. Don’t get me wrong, I think there is room for Trent to grow and I would like to see more from him. But saying he is a bust based on his play is silly. Ignoring what his teammates are saying about him (and not any other lineman on the team) during training camp is denial. And comparing him to Haynesworth is ridiculous.

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

#Redskins have refs at today's practice. Brandon Banks just got behind Kevin Barnes & Tanard Jackson for a home run ball from Rex Grossman.

man, banks seems to be tearing it up this training camp. i love that the little guy won't go down without a fight.

I again am excited about Trent. Either he has elevated his game to Pro bowl level or Orakpo and Kerrigan have regressed massively (which I cannot see). Because EVERYTHING coming out is that the guy is ballin and stonewalling everybody that lines up in front of him. I think the DE's in the rest of the NFCE might be in for a loooonng year!

Please explain why you keep comparing Trent Williams who has had some off field issues (although his choice in tattoo art only seems to be an issue to a few fans who have a problem with how he spends his money) to Fat Albert who had on-field issues associated with his work ethic and his refusal to buy into the scheme? The two can't be compared. His proclivity for trees aside, Trent has shown a level of dedication to his overall game and to this team that Fat Albert only showed to groping waitresses. The same season when Fat Albert was laying on the ground doing the worm and letting the play go on without him, Trent was sprinting down field (much to my dismay because I was certain someone that big running that fast was going to tear something) trying to prevent turnovers from turning into touchdowns. Don’t get me wrong, I think there is room for Trent to grow and I would like to see more from him. But saying he is a bust based on his play is silly. Ignoring what his teammates are saying about him (and not any other lineman on the team) during training camp is denial. And comparing him to Haynesworth is ridiculous.

We should leave this thread to tweets.

I think we've derailed the thread, enough as is.

If you or anyone would like to create a thread about this subject?

I would be happy to explain my reasoning behind Trent's immaturity, lack of responsibility during the off season & questioning his professionalism as our franchise LT & 4th pick in the 1st rd as a Washington Redskin.

Not to mention dragging Fred Davis into this fray.

Who btw...I do think has cleaned up his act.

Taking his job serious enough.

I congratulate Sleepy Davis for that.

Not so sure, about Silverback.

That's all.

I was under that impression as well; were we misinformed or was the tweet about Morgan incorrect?

Based on the timing of tweets I'm guessing that this person confused Banks for Morgan. #15 vs. #16.

This was tweeted just before that one about Morgan:

Grant Paulsen ?@granthpaulsen

#Redskins have refs at today's practice. Brandon Banks just got behind Kevin Barnes & Tanard Jackson for a home run ball from Rex Grossman.

Archived