Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thursday 8/2: Training Camp Tweets/Comments/What not

Well which one is it? Either he's holding on to the ball trying to make a decision, or he's skittish and is looking to leave the pocket quickly. cant have it both ways.

Skittish, in this sense, could refer to being reluctant to air out the ball, i.e. holding onto it too well. Two synonyms of skittish are shy and uncertain.

---------- Post added August-3rd-2012 at 07:56 PM ----------

Has anyone heard anything about the guy who went M.I.A.(can't remember his name, sorry)?

Kentwan Balmer or something like that. I could search for his name but I don't think that he'll matter much at all going forward. He pulled a similar stunt in San Fran years ago. This is probably his unofficial retirement. He'll probably try to come back for a paycheck in a couple of years, ala Eddie Kennison.

I fully expect Griffin to struggle at times, possibly even more often than he excels. I'm just happy that we're finally not racing against the clock to build a contending team. Almost every key member of our offense is extremely young. If we build incrementally the way Detroit has, that's fine. We don't have win in the next two years because our tackles are old or our FA QB is old or our RB might wear down.

Redskins@Redskins

In 1-1 passing drills, CB R. Crawford steals reception when WR S. Kirkland falls down on the route #skinscamp

---------- Post added August-3rd-2012 at 04:12 PM ----------

Redskins‏@Redskins

On next pass, WR A. Robinson catches pass high out of bounds, but CB C. Griffin knocks ball away. Gets compliment from fan, hooks horns. #UT

----------------------

Redskins‏@Redskins

#Redskins S Tanard Jackson atones for yesterday's deep ball with an athletic near-INT of a sideline pass intended for T. Austin

----------------------

Grant Paulsen‏@granthpaulsen

Tanard Jackson just made a beautiful diving pass break-up on a deep route to the sideline. Kirk Cousins was looking for Terrence Austin.

-----------------------------------

John Keim‏@john_keim

Heath shuler attending #redskins practice

Redskins‏@Redskins

#Redskins S R. Doughty breaks up a slant pass intended for WR S. Moss. WR L. Hankerson has three catches during full-team drills.

Redskins‏@Redskins

#Redskins offense under QB @RGIII runs successful drive down the field, capped off with a slick pass over the middle to S. Moss. #skinscamp

------------------------------------------

Rich Campbell‏@Rich_Campbell

Fred Davis says he's a better blocker, but he didn't bother to move his feet to stop Madieu Williams there on a safety blitz. MW got home

------------------------------------------

Chris Russell‏@Russellmania980

Signal still sucks out here, but RG3 has been mostly sharp, with some beautiful passes to Hank, Garcon, and Moss.

Theres talk of RG3 showing some "holding on to the ball" tendencies. Lets hope that its just jitters and lack of familiarity with the offense.

Personally.. i think it's a current delay of him trying to decide whether to throw the ball or run.... i think with time this delay will become an instinct.

Theres talk of RG3 showing some "holding on to the ball" tendencies. Lets hope that its just jitters and lack of familiarity with the offense.

This has gotten a little blown out of proportion. It stems from a John Keim practice report article. Here's another quote from that article:

“The first step is having a good feel for the timing of the routes and where to go with the ball against certain coverages,” quarterback Rex Grossman said. “His natural football instincts will take care of the things we’re seeing. That’s more important than getting the ball out of his hands quickly… Some days the coaches say we want you to still go through your reads, don’t worry about getting sacked because we want you to have the rep.”

It seems to me that the “holding onto the ball too long” thing is more by design than anything else. It’s hard to tell what coaches are trying to emphasize on any particular drill, so until I see this issue pop up in an actual game, I don’t think it’s a real point of concern.

Personally.. i think it's a current delay of him trying to decide whether to throw the ball or run.... i think with time this delay will become an instinct.

We also have to accept the fact that what he did in college was peanuts compared to the type of offense he has to learn here. Its well recorded that his system in college was pretty simple, especially compared to Luck.

Practice stats don't matter but just as an fyi, I had RGIII 9 for 11 in 11 on 11 work. Getting the ball out a bit quicker today. #Redskins

----------------------------------------

Redskins‏@Redskins

A considerable UT Longhorn presence in the #skinscamp crowd today, as CB C. Griffin, LB's K. Robinson and B. Orakpo get #HookEm cheers

----------------------------------------------------

FB Dorson Boyce just lowered his helmet and ran into Lorenzo Alexander after catch. Biggest collision of camp so far. #Redskins

Redskins‏@Redskins

#Redskins WR @HankTime85 catches a pass from coach Ike Hilliard in position drills: http://pic.twitter.com/KM3U72db

----------------------------------------

random non-redskins related tweet for fantasy players

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet

#Titans about to practice. Good news from GM Ruston Webster earlier. Said Chris Johnson has been "the CJ of old"

---------- Post added August-3rd-2012 at 04:43 PM ----------

if you want to watch videos....

Redskins‏@Redskins

Training Camp Video No. 1: Tight Ends http://redsk.in/MDCaSH

Redskins‏@Redskins

Friday's #SkinsCamp Video No. 3: Running Backs http://redsk.in/MDCCjW

Redskins@Redskins

Friday's #SkinsCamp Video No. 4: Offensive Line http://redsk.in/MDCQHT

Offense just had quick meeting that halted practice for a min or 2. Coaches in middle of pile yelling to get group's act together

Chris Cooley just took a handoff at fullback in third-and-1 drills. We saw that last year. At Dallas on MNF, I believe.

---------- Post added August-3rd-2012 at 04:47 PM ----------

Redskins‏@Redskins

#Redskins RB Tristan Davis gets his first snaps in full-team drills since OTA's. He was activated from PUP earlier this week. #skinscamp

-----------------------------------------------

Chris Cooley working at FB today. Got a carry on short yardage drill. Was at FB with Davis, Paul, Paulsen at TE in 3 tght end goal line set.

*this is an interesting goal line set....

Redskins offense working from their own 1. RG3 finally pays for holding the ball too long. Kerrigan gets home for the safety.

Chris Cooley working at FB today. Got a carry on short yardage drill. Was at FB with Davis, Paul, Paulsen at TE in 3 tght end goal line set.

*this is an interesting goal line set....

I was just thinking that today especially with the news about DY.

We also have to accept the fact that what he did in college was peanuts compared to the type of offense he has to learn here. Its well recorded that his system in college was pretty simple, especially compared to Luck.

Actually, its more about the defenses he faced. In college, the pre snap look of the defense gives you lots of information (many times it almost screams at you who is going to be open). In the pros, defenses can give you pre snap looks that give you a lot less information until you figure them out.

#Redskins working on getting out of own endzone with ball at own 1. First and second string offenses having trouble moving the ball today.

----------------------------------------------------

Plays Shanahan might want to reconsider: Kirk Cousins running the option from the Redskins' own yard line. That one went for...a safety.

-----------------------------------------------------

Redskins‏@Redskins

#Redskins OLB R. Kerrigan bats @RGIII pass during 11-on-11 where offense is at own 3-yard line. D line gets Helu Jr. for safety on next play

------------------------------------------------------

**.. it appears we should be worried if pinned on our own goaline early in the season

---------- Post added August-3rd-2012 at 05:02 PM ----------

gotta go pick up the kids guys.. if anyone wants to cover the last 10 minutes and post conference.

I think tweets going around is that he doesnt look as good as he did last training camp. It will probably take a bit of time for him to trust what his knee can handy.

I saw a quote that said he was solid but not a standout. The guy that seems to be turning heads a la Jenkins last year is Chris Baker, apparently. He's a DE/NT who has shown up in nearly every practice report I've seen as doing something great.

Archived