Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thursday 8/2: Training Camp Tweets/Comments/What not

We should leave this thread to tweets.

I think we've derailed the thread, enough as is.

If you or anyone would like to create a thread about this subject?

I would be happy to explain my reasoning behind Trent's immaturity, lack of responsibility during the off season & questioning his professionalism as our franchise LT & 4th pick in the 1st rd as a Washington Redskin.

Not to mention dragging Fred Davis into this fray.

Who btw...I do think has cleaned up his act.

Taking his job serious enough.

I congratulate Sleepy Davis for that.

Not so sure, about Silverback.

That's all.

Fair enough. I, likewise, don't want to hijack the thread. But I'm not starting a thread about whether Trent Williams is a bust or comparing him to Albert Haynesworth. I have seen what happens to ridiculous threads around here and I prefer my name without NNT behind it.

I don't know how to break it to you, but you might want to get your eyes checked, if you're that confident that you "know what you see".

I'm not talking about his words. I'm talking about his play on the field. He's made mistakes that young guys make, and been inconsistent, but he's also absolutely stonewalled many elite pass rushers.

You sound ridiculous in these posts. Again, it's not about words, or promises, or anything else. Its the fact that he's constantly flashed elite talent in this league. Most people on this board have seen it.

We need stevemcqueen to come in here and preach Trent's elite, though inconsistent, play over the past two seasons.

I've seen it and affirm everything you've said here. Guy is an excellent Tackle already with how he's played thus far. All he's trying to do now is become elite and I think it shouldn't be too hard for him.

Wish there were more tweets being posted rather than responses to missouri skins fan's dumbass rants.

Ironic that you would submit a post about posting on a post you'd rather ignore. :ols:

Just saying.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 03:57 PM ----------

Come on. Casserly picking Luck over RG3 is NOT the same as saying RG3 won't be successful. Y'all are raking him over the coals for no reason here.

I'm not raking the guy over the coals, it's just that his Shuler pick of "pick based on need", along with most of his drafts, were the definition of how not to succeed in the draft. People give Vinny a hard time, and they should, but Casserly's not far ahead. And that has nothing to do with his RG3 comment, I just feel his justification for picking Luck (which lots of people would have done) was based on "who can play the best right now" instead of "who's going to be the best QB."

It makes me feel better knowing we've got a guy who can be the best of the draft instead of a guy that's going to be good right now, but who knows how much he'll improve. All just opinion based.

I again am excited about Trent. Either he has elevated his game to Pro bowl level or Orakpo and Kerrigan have regressed massively (which I cannot see). Because EVERYTHING coming out is that the guy is ballin and stonewalling everybody that lines up in front of him. I think the DE's in the rest of the NFCE might be in for a loooonng year!

Actually, I think it is our Offensive Line that will have a long year versus the opposing east pass rush. Trent is the one bright spot of our line. To be honest, he's the only guy I am 100% sold on. Brown and Kory should be cut. The skins are starting to have a trend of acquiring 'thrift shop like steals' but half of them become dead weight to the roster because of their questionable injuries. The line has been neglected for years now, and one or two rookies in the draft won't change it.

The redskins need to dedicate next years draft towards OL like they did this year with QB. It re assures me that RG3 has already had a bad experience with OL at Baylor, so these experiences will hopefully help him In our line state.

back to tweets people.....

Lemont Williams ‏@LemontWilliams

Redskins 1yr DB coach Raheem Morris is HYPE right now... #Redskins #NFLTrainingCamp

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 04:58 PM ----------

Lemont Williams ‏@LemontWilliams

Redskins WR Armstrong took a Big hit w/ out pads on and the trainers are looking at his shoulder right now.. #Redskins

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 04:59 PM ----------

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

#Redskins trainer staff working on @MrArmstrong13 shoulder, took hard lick on nice break up by Kevin Barnes

Wasn't Casserly the same person who during the offseason said he would pick Griffin over Luck? Maybe that was Bill Polian

Yes, it was Polian and there were rumors going around that it was the last straw in his being fired because the owner was in love with Luck. Personally, I think Polian's opinion carries far more value than Casserly's (not to say that it's been great in the last 5 or so years, but as far as QBs go, I'd let him pick mine.)

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 04:04 PM ----------

back to tweets people.....

Aye Aye

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 04:05 PM ----------

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

#Redskins trainer staff working on @MrArmstrong13 shoulder, took hard lick on nice break up by Kevin Barnes

Dang it KB, I'm cheering for him but he's not supposed to kill a receiver fighting for a spot!

Kevin Barnes has intrigued me so much the past few years... Some days I consider him trash, but then he makes plays that can change a game... I'm not sure what to think of him, perhaps a dhall style player, one who can make plays but makes too many mistakes.

I think he's worth keeping on the roster though. Maybe a back up. Though he is making a lot of plays this off season, perhaps Raheem can refine him into starting material.

Kevin Barnes has intrigued me so much the past few years... Some days I consider him trash, but then he makes plays that can change a game... I'm not sure what to think of him, perhaps a dhall style player, one who can make plays but makes too many mistakes.

I think he's worth keeping on the roster though. Maybe a back up. Though he is making a lot of plays this off season, perhaps Raheem can refine him into starting material.

Problem with Barnes is that he's an outside corner that's been forced to play to slot. Any time I've seen him play on the outside, he's performed well. But in the slot he's not physical enough or a good enough tackler. If we can rotate D-Hall into the slot and play Barnes outside, at least on same plays, I think we'll be a lot better off. Or even if Wilson can do some work in the lot. But Barnes isn't the best fit for a nickel corner role.

I think he's not great at coverage (which is obviously a big part of being a corner) but he's physical and, when he is in position to make a play, can actually catch the ball.

Glad to hear Banks is lighting it up. I got a feeling he might surprise a lot folks and make the final cut. Our wideouts, for once, seem to be a strength.

Trent has the potential to be truly elite. We have seen flashes of it from time to time. He always seemed to step it up against elite pass rushers and then let some no name give him fits. He needs more consistency.

I'm so ready for next Thursday. I'm dying to see RGIII in action.

Keep up the great work updating the tweets. Makes my shift go by faster.

Can anyone ask Grant or any of the Redskins reports if our team would be interested in Jeff Otah? We are in desperate need of Right Tackles and beggers can't be choosers.

:helmet:

I've been reading that Otah can't play this season. I think it's believed that whatever team picks him up, just puts him on IR, and sees if he can rehab and get healthy for 2013.

Problem with Barnes is that he's an outside corner that's been forced to play to slot. Any time I've seen him play on the outside, he's performed well.

Thanks NLC, I was about to post the same thing.

I think Barnes will be fine on the outside and even surprise some people, the guy is not built to play slot and his skills don't translate well there. Why else would the HC and DC (or whoever is controlling the defense *ahemorris*) move him to the outside if he didn't perform well enough in the slot?

I've been hoping to see him on the outside since he got here.

I've been reading that Otah can't play this season. I think it's believed that whatever team picks him up, just puts him on IR, and sees if he can rehab and get healthy for 2013.

What was his injury? I mean we've been dealing with Jamaal Brown for the past two seasons.

Thanks NLC, I was about to post the same thing.

I think Barnes will be fine on the outside and even surprise some people, the guy is not built to play slot and his skills don't translate well there. Why else would the HC and DC (or whoever is controlling the defense *ahemorris*) move him to the outside if he didn't perform well enough in the slot?

I've been hoping to see him on the outside since he got here.

HA! Look at what Shanny just said...

@granthpaulsen

Shanahan: Kevin Barnes has great speed & length and is better on the outside jamming people. Slot "didn't work out as well as I would like."

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 05:55 PM ----------

@Russellmania980

Shanahan says "you know quarterbacks do throw interceptions" on @RGIII picks.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 05:55 PM ----------

@Redskins

Shanahan says versatility is still the goal in the secondary, but not everyone can do that. "If it's close, tie goes to the guy on ST."

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 05:56 PM ----------

@Redskins

Shanahan says WR Joshua Morgan should be back Monday, has already jogged at 10 mph on treadmill. #skinscamp

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 05:57 PM ----------

@Redskins

Shanahan says DL Kentwan Balmer has not been in contact with coaches in two days, hotel room was cleared out. #skinscamp

@ClintOldenberg

@_JakeRussell that's a slap in the face to every player out there dying to get an opportunity.

If he cant play there's no point in grabbing him, he will be a UFA next year I believe. Which if u pick him up you would need to tender him. Might as well just sign him next year if hes healthy

Archived