Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thursday 8/2: Training Camp Tweets/Comments/What not

A lazy fat slob? Can't be that bad. I mean RT is a huge concern for our team. One more injury to our OL and that could be a disaster.

I think he's got a knee issue, and that's exasperated by being a lazy fat slob. Apparently he just eats a ton in the offseason and is always in poor shape.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 06:02 PM ----------

Next year's draft should be OT rich. I believe.

Well there's a different between OT rich for a mauling scheme, and OT rich for guys who can block on the move. Also, we need a lot of depth in the OT class. We don't pick till round 2 and what not.

Schuler wasn't Casserly's pick. Casserly wanted to draft Trent Dilfer---not worlds difference, but still, he wasn't on board with Schuler. Schuler was Norv Turner's baby and project. He thought he saw Troy Aikman in Schuler. He was wrong.

Casserly has admitted that Schuler graded out as a late first rd pick on the Junkies during a predraft interview.

For those wondering about RG3's playing time...

@ZacBoyer

#Redskins' Shanahan said he expects RG3 to play 12-20 snaps against #Bills, a half against #Bears and up to three quarters against #Colts.

About what I thought.

Seems standard. I think the bigger question is will Kirk Cousins and Rex Grossman alternate who gets to play with the 2nd team? And which WR's and TE's will be on the 2nd team?

I think he's got a knee issue, and that's exasperated by being a lazy fat slob. Apparently he just eats a ton in the offseason and is always in poor shape.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 06:02 PM ----------

If he's got a knee issue that's one thing but until we know for sure what his issues are it's unfair to guess.

Well there's a different between OT rich for a mauling scheme, and OT rich for guys who can block on the move. Also, we need a lot of depth in the OT class. We don't pick till round 2 and what not.

Gotcha. I hear year about the differences. I just think waiting until next season is too costly, so much can go wrong.

So based off all these tweets, who do you guys see in our receiving core? Obviously were gonna use Garcon, Moss, Morgan, and Hankerson, but who do you see rounding out those last 2 or 3 spots? I've got Banks securing another one because he sounds like he's impressing people again, although he has done that before. and Anthony Armstrong grabbing one. Chick Hernandez was saying on CSN that Garcon, Armstrong, and RGIII have a great chemistry going on right now.

Garcon

Moss

Morgan

Hankerson

are stamped but man out of all positions this is gonna be the hardest to choose who stays and who goes. I love Banks, Austin, and Armstrong and I think they finally have the kind of QB that will compliment their strenghts but we have some new guys going to give them a run for thier money. We will be running with 3 QBs this year so its not like last year when we were in position to carry more guys at WRs.

@granthpaulsen

Just saw a flavored ice truck leaving #Redskins Park. Trent Williams was yelling for it to stop, went after it. The truck didn't slow down.

How is an ice cream truck not going to stop for a big man! That's just bad business!

Seems standard. I think the bigger question is will Kirk Cousins and Rex Grossman alternate who gets to play with the 2nd team? And which WR's and TE's will be on the 2nd team?

Rex is going to be the 2 man...He needs to get his work. Cousins will have plenty of opportunities, especially in the 4th quarter of pre-season games

Correct me if i am wrong but, wouldn't a mauling OT be a good fit at RT? I am sure they wouldn't be super slow, probably a 40 time of 5.0-5.1? Stout run blocker decent pass blocker?

Wasn't ranting.

Was just responding to a tweet that "Trent is working hard....giving it his all..blah blah blah"

Jut saying I want to see it on the field & not at your local pawn shop or tattoo shop.

These are coaches and two pretty damn good pass rushers on our team going out there and saying he's busting his ass. I think you're just dead set on your opinion, and typing out **** in red font on occasion isn't convincing anybody otherwise. We'd be in a lot worse shape if we had drafted Okung, that's for sure.

Hopefully they will cut Kentwan Balmer and bring in additional help up front

Think we wont be able to get anyone that's worth a look until first cuts. Not a lot of talent left, that are not injured.

Not sure how McNeil is, but then again Philly decided to go with Bell vs McNeil...

@granthpaulsen

Shanahan on Kevin Barnes: "I really felt like his best position would be on the outside where he could concentrate on jamming on people."

@evansilva

Also notable @Russellmania980 was only guy pre-camp saying Evan Royster would be #Redskins No. 1 back. EVERYone else bought Hightower Hooey.

Actually, I think it is our Offensive Line that will have a long year versus the opposing east pass rush. Trent is the one bright spot of our line. To be honest, he's the only guy I am 100% sold on. Brown and Kory should be cut. The skins are starting to have a trend of acquiring 'thrift shop like steals' but half of them become dead weight to the roster because of their questionable injuries. The line has been neglected for years now, and one or two rookies in the draft won't change it.

The redskins need to dedicate next years draft towards OL like they did this year with QB. It re assures me that RG3 has already had a bad experience with OL at Baylor, so these experiences will hopefully help him In our line state.

Just to clarify, I was just referring to the guys that will line up across from Trent. :) I think they have put more resources towards the line. I dont think it is enough but they havent been neglecting it.

@Insider

Quick hits: Redskins WR Anthony Armstrong will get x-rays: Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan said Anthony Armstrong,... http://wapo.st/PEYYRn

@SonofWashington

We are going to help find #Redskins DE Kentwan Balmer help spread awareness with this flyer #dontlosehope http://twitter.com/SonofWashington/status/231155088859734016/photo/1

@Rich_Tandler

Alexander says Balmer 'decided to leave' the #Redskins http://bit.ly/OMk5Ew

@granthpaulsen

Trent Williams looks primed for a stellar 2012 season. http://tinyurl.com/cygpeb2

@MikeJonesWaPo

Quick hits from today's #Redskins practice: http://tinyurl.com/bp2pug4

NOT REDSKINS NEWS, BUT:

‏@mortreport

Eagles acquire CB Kevin Thomas (IND) and a conditional 7th round draft pick in 2013 for linebacker Moise Fokou and Greg Floyd, team announces

My view of Trent Williams, is that he's a bust.

Until he proves to me, otherwise.

Just because we get tweets of..."I'm working hard...I want to be the best...blah...blah...blah"

They are just words.

They mean absolutely nothing to me.

Albert Haynesworth said he was going to aspire to be like Reggie White.

Weeks later, he was flopping on the ground like my Beta out of the tank.

I want to see results.

I want to see him push Demarcus Ware to the ground.

Use Justin Tuck as a whoopie cushion.

Until then, he's on par to have a career like Tony Mandarich.

I'm HOPING, he will be a better version of Chris Samuels.

Stay in denial if you like, but I know what I see.

So your are saying Trent Williams is a bust because he is not Chris Samuels and you are comparing him to Albert Haynesworth, and Conn is in denial? Wow MSF you are really losing it today IMO.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/08/02/trent-williams-starring-in-camp/

Wish there were more tweets being posted rather than responses to missouri skins fan's dumbass rants.

FWIW his rants were so far out there they drew more attention then the chick fil a fiasco.

@evansilva

Also notable @Russellmania980 was only guy pre-camp saying Evan Royster would be #Redskins No. 1 back. EVERYone else bought Hightower Hooey.

I just puked in my mouth a little. :rolleyes:

There was a bunch of ESers speculating as such and it generally isn't hard to do so when you basically have a .33% chance to get it right no matter who you think will be the no. 1 back.

My position is still that there won't truly be a no. 1 back this season and we'll have a nice, productive, rotation there. But don't worry, I won't pull a "russel" on everyone here and make sure I rub that in if it turns out to be true.

Archived