Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thursday 8/2: Training Camp Tweets/Comments/What not

Did you watch the games he was in last season? He's not in my 6 WRs list but I still think the guy can play.

All I really remember from him is his preseason work, and that one catch that Beck threw late in the Eagles game.

THT is doing what Shanny wants and that is be ready for 1st game and not get hurt by trying too hard to beat out every. He is still our Complete back who can block, catch and run.

I agree that he can block like crazy, but his catching is a bit overrated. I see nothing that makes him better at that then Roy Helu.

John Keim ‏@john_keim

#redskins DE Stephen Bowen didn't like losing twice 2 dallas in '11. "It ate me up all year. I'm definitely looking forward to thanksgiving"

Yeeeesss. We should have won both of those games. The main reason why we lost, should be rectified, with the move of Santana to the slot. Also, there's a limit to how many FG's we can miss, right...right?

THT is doing what Shanny wants and that is be ready for 1st game and not get hurt by trying too hard to beat out every. He is still our Complete back who can block, catch and run.

I don't know. Last season before he got hurt he was just okay in the regular season games. He looked great in the preseason, but lost something once the season started.

what specific thing (news reports, tweets, etc) would make you have that feeling? I havent seen a single thing that would make me wonder that?

You pose the question how do I know it will happen? Honestly I don't, but the main reason why I think it will happen is because of the losing mentality that Washington fans have. It's just what we do here. A losers mentality can make people become very fickle. If RG3 comes in the preseason and throws a few passes in the dirt,and throws a few INT's here and there. Meanwhile KC is up there lighting it up against the back ups,I can almost bet my last dollar that some fans will either come on ES,or on the radio and say somthing like " I think we should start giving KC a shot to compete for the starting role" . I know it sounds crazy now, but with the loser mentality it can very well happen. Let's say if RG3 starts off 0-3 and say he gets hurt (knock on wood) and has to miss a few games, if Kurt comes in and plays well ,and goes like 3-1 it will start... trust me

What worries me about the OL is its lack of balance. As in, the left side is much, much stronger than the right side at the moment. If that holds true during the season, teams won't respect runs and bootlegs to the right, which would limit our offense's ability to keep defenses off-balance.

Although, a way to give the o-line an advantage is to run lots of different looks and styles (like they've been practicing with RGIII...pistol, bootlegs, options, moving pockets, etc.). It keeps the defense guessing and on their heals a little more, which gives the o-line a small advantage to help compensate for deficiencies. I'm sure that was a pros/cons bullet point as they weighed where to focus their limited cap space (WRs vs. o-linemen vs. etc.).

Have their been any updates on Briscoe since he joined the team?

Not much. Haven't heard anything bad. I think he had a RZ catch or TD. Also I remember one tweet praising his route running on a specific play. That's about all I've seen.

John Keim ‏@john_keim

#redskins DE Stephen Bowen didn't like losing twice 2 dallas in '11. "It ate me up all year. I'm definitely looking forward to thanksgiving"

I love Thanksgiving. Going to really love beating the Cowboys!

I want Trent to prove it on the field.

i don't care what he says.

For all I know his quote "John Keim ‏@john_keim

#Redskins LT Trent Williams: "I'm trying to be the best, not just better."

You could inset Fat Al, & I wouldn't know the difference.

Yes Trent, you could be the best.

I hope you become the VERY best.

I hope you make Jacoby & Lachey look like rookies.

I'm rooting for ya...

But if ya retired today.

You would be in Redskins lore between Heath Shuler & Patrick Ramsey.

Somewhere in the middle.

That's my thought on it.

prove me wrong, buddy!

I'm rooting for ya...

But if ya retired today.

Somewhere in the middle.

That's my thought on it.

prove me wrong, buddy!

That's terribly unfair. He's only been in the league two years.

Is anyone else besides me don't want Austin to make the final roster? To me he's Taylor Jacobs Part II. He's always lighting it up in practice, but when he gets in "real" games (not preseason) he disappears. I'd rather Banks, Lewis, Briscoe or AA make the team before he does.

You don't see him running wrong routes or incessantly dropping the ball. Austin hasn't failed to perform when given opportunities, he just doesn't seem to get many opportunities. Perhaps that's incriminating enough, but I'd rather have a guy do well in practice than not do well. The offense has changed with Griffin, I think many players, just like Moss, deserve a second look in an offense that finally has the key pieces to work properly.

I trust the coaches. I'm rooting for all these guys.

I know we're winless against Dallas on Thanksgiving, but I love that day (and the football associated with it) so much that I get butterflies when I remember we play the Cowboys on Thanksgiving this year. Imagine what a great weekend it will be if we win!

Losing to Dallas on Thanksgiving would be unacceptable. UnAmerican, blasphemous--well you get the idea.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 10:15 AM ----------

Let's say if RG3 starts off 0-3 and say he gets hurt (knock on wood) and has to miss a few games, if Kurt comes in and plays well ,and goes like 3-1 it will start... trust me

If something like that happens, a little debate would be expected I'd think....

Losing to Dallas on Thanksgiving would be unacceptable. UnAmerican, blasphemous--well you get the idea.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 10:15 AM ----------

If something like that happens, a little debate would be expected I'd think....

Well, let's hope RG3 plays lights out and stays healthy,then there is no debate at all...does anyone know how Lance Lewis or Hankerson are doing?

@Insider

Redskins training camp: Tristan Davis activated: The Washington Redskins have activated running back Tristan Dav... http://wapo.st/OssB9v

@granthpaulsen

Tanard Jackson (calf) is supposed to practice for the first time this afternoon. Began camp on the PUP list, was activated over the weekend.

@Rich_Tandler

With @LFletcher59 resting, @OneManGang97 in charge in the middle. #Redskins #RedskinsTalk http://bit.ly/MfhhMm

I'm rooting for ya...

But if ya retired today.

Somewhere in the middle.

That's my thought on it.

prove me wrong, buddy!

really?

You could say the exact same thing about RGIII.

While i kind of understand what you are saying, you ain't making a lick of sense.

Of course it has to be proven.

Trent could dominate training camp and stink it up on the field, or he could stink up training camp and not give up a sack all season and pancake everyone from Ware to Suh every single time we see them, but your diatribe still does not make any sense.

I'm rooting for ya...

But if ya retired today.

Somewhere in the middle.

That's my thought on it.

prove me wrong, buddy!

No **** sherlock...

Comparing Trent to Fat Al is very insulting.

Also, if you don't care what he says, stop reading these tweets.

@CarbonPrimo

RT @CHICKatCSN: I'm told Redskins officials checked on MIA Kentwan Balmer, all they found was a Redskins sweatshirt in his room. No Balmer.

@CHICKatCSN

I'm told Redskins officials checked on MIA Kentwan Balmer, all they found was a Redskins sweatshirt in his room. No Balmer.

Retweeted by Rick Snider

@john_keim

Still no kentwan balmer in practice...josh morgan, lance lewis not working today. #redskins

@Red_Ridn_Hood

So word has it Balmer changed his phone number.... Smh he's outta here!

@thomloverro

Former #Redskins GM Charley Casserly would have picked Andrew Luck over #RG3 10 out of 10 times http://goo.gl/sC4eG @ESPNRadio980#NFL

Retweeted by Rick Snider

Did you watch the games he was in last season? He's not in my 6 WRs list but I still think the guy can play.

Yes, I'm not blind. He had 1 "decent" game. He seems to shine in preseason, but doesn't do much in the regular season. I think he's hit his maximum as far as talent goes.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 03:11 PM ----------

There is not one guy who I don't want to make the roster.

We're not allowed to have a 90 man roster, so some have to go. I'd rather see us develop someone like Lewis.

@CarbonPrimo

RT @CHICKatCSN: I'm told Redskins officials checked on MIA Kentwan Balmer, all they found was a Redskins sweatshirt in his room. No Balmer.

@CHICKatCSN

I'm told Redskins officials checked on MIA Kentwan Balmer, all they found was a Redskins sweatshirt in his room. No Balmer.

Retweeted by Rick Snider

@thomloverro

Former #Redskins GM Charley Casserly would have picked Andrew Luck over #RG3 10 out of 10 times http://goo.gl/sC4eG @ESPNRadio980#NFL

Retweeted by Rick Snider

Damn, hope the dude is OK and just AWOL...ala James Davis. I think he did this before in San Fran. Hope all is well.

Archived