Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thursday 8/2: Training Camp Tweets/Comments/What not

I just puked in my mouth a little. :rolleyes:

There was a bunch of ESers speculating as such and it generally isn't hard to do so when you basically have a .33% chance to get it right no matter who you think will be the no. 1 back.

My position is still that there won't truly be a no. 1 back this season and we'll have a nice, productive, rotation there. But don't worry, I won't pull a "russel" on everyone here and make sure I rub that in if it turns out to be true.

Agreed, unless one of the three really shines in PS games and makes it impossible for Coach to take him out (as starter).

@NYCSkinsFans

Tanard Jackson, Jordan Black practice for first time http://fb.me/1T84KVCF0

@BurgundyBlog

"Severe groin injury" for my boy Lance Lewis probably means he'll be lucky to make the practice squad. Bad break for a nice UDFA.

@BurgundyBlog

AAA will need to bounce back quick from this shoulder sprain. Probably can't afford to give up those reps.

@BurgundyBlog

More and more intrigued by Chris Baker, who apparently came in possessed. Seems to have inside track on reserve DL spot. Where is Neild?

@BurgundyBlog

And I was really hoping someone would step up and displace Barnes but who knows? Maybe swapping positions w/ Hall will jumpstart them both.

@ChrisWesseling

#Redskins LT Trent Williams has been "the most impressive player in camp." http://bit.ly/QyufME Stonewalling Brian Orapko.

@CBSWashDC

Trent Williams Starring In Camp http://cbsloc.al/PpRQb1

@Rich_Tandler

Anthony Armstrong is going to have his injured shoulder X-rayed and WR Lance Lewis out 1-2 weeks. #Redskins http://bit.ly/QktDIe

HA! Look at what Shanny just said...

@granthpaulsen

Shanahan: Kevin Barnes has great speed & length and is better on the outside jamming people. Slot "didn't work out as well as I would like."

Yeah, I guess it doesn't hurt my ego at all to have a pro coach confirm my opinion is the same as his. :ols:

ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980

Chris Cooley said his circus catch over Keenan Robinson was absolutely a catch, ruled so by officials, defense didnt agree. Great route.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 04:30 PM ----------

NFL Bits ‏@NFLBits

RG3 on Washington Redskins' O-line: 'I trust whoever's out there' http://ow.ly/1lNRvy

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 04:36 PM ----------

Tandler tidbits:

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2012/08/thursday-practice-report-cooley-makes-a-play.html

—Evan Royster runs a little better than Helu inside; he just seems to be able to find the hole more quickly. But Helu isn’t that far behind Royster when it comes to the inside zone game and he’s well superior to Royster running to the outside. Every day that goes by with Tim Hightower watching the bulk of practice from the sideline makes it more and more likely that the battle for the starting job will come down to those two.

—Meriweather continued to be active, crowding the box on some plays and dropping back deep in coverage on others. From what I’ve seen, he’s better off in the former role than in the latter. He moves forward much better than he moves backwards.

—That 20 pounds that Lorenzo Alexander lost is helping him in coverage. He was stride for stride with Chris Cooley as the tight end went down the sideline. To be sure, Cooley never was a speed demon and he’s lost at least half a step but it’s still impressive to see Alexander stick with him in space.

—Hurt with a good effort on one play, scraping off of his man at the line and getting another block off in the second level.

—In what was the play of the day, Rex Grossman rolled right and threw back to the left for Cooley, who had some separation near the sideline. Cooley dove for the ball and, according to the referee who was right there, he came up with the pass. Although the catch may not have survived a replay review it was still an entertaining play.

—This just in—RG3 likes to throw the ball to Pierre Garçon. They had good timing on a quick sideline pass for a first down.

—This also just in—RG3 is still a rookie. A few plays later Kevin Barnes jumped in front of a pass intended for Banks and picked it off.

@Russellmania980

#Redskins @NickSundberg on @ESPNRadio980 : "This is the greatest chemistry I have ever seen" on a team. Interesting comment from a good dude

@Russellmania980

#Redskins LS @NickSundberg: "I don't think there's a better long snapper in the world. You can tweet that." on @ESPNRadio980

I just puked in my mouth a little. :rolleyes:

There was a bunch of ESers speculating as such and it generally isn't hard to do so when you basically have a .33% chance to get it right no matter who you think will be the no. 1 back.

My position is still that there won't truly be a no. 1 back this season and we'll have a nice, productive, rotation there. But don't worry, I won't pull a "russel" on everyone here and make sure I rub that in if it turns out to be true.

@granthpaulsen

Shanahan on Kevin Barnes: "I really felt like his best position would be on the outside where he could concentrate on jamming on people."

@evansilva

Also notable @Russellmania980 was only guy pre-camp saying Evan Royster would be #Redskins No. 1 back. EVERYone else bought Hightower Hooey.

is that russell tweeting? or evan silva (i'm such a twitter novice).

if that russell tooting his own horn, someone remind him how sure he was we were interested in matt flynn just a couple of months ago.

douche.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 08:31 PM ----------

@ChrisWesseling

#Redskins LT Trent Williams has been "the most impressive player in camp." http://bit.ly/QyufME Stonewalling Brian Orapko.

very happy to hear that. some of the best news skins fans could hope for, really.

Schuler wasn't Casserly's pick. Casserly wanted to draft Trent Dilfer---not worlds difference, but still, he wasn't on board with Schuler. Schuler was Norv Turner's baby and project. He thought he saw Troy Aikman in Schuler. He was wrong.

Does he blame anyone for David Carr?

@granthpaulsen

@evansilva

Also notable @Russellmania980 was only guy pre-camp saying Evan Royster would be #Redskins No. 1 back. EVERYone else bought Hightower Hooey.

He's also the guy that thought John Beck should be our starting QB.

John Keim ‏@john_keim

#redskins DE Stephen Bowen didn't like losing twice 2 dallas in '11. "It ate me up all year. I'm definitely looking forward to thanksgiving"

I like hearing this, well said Stephen.......Hail To The Redskins!!!

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 08:00 PM ----------

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

Chris Cooley wirh spectacular catch over Keenan Robinson on wheel route. Ruled catch by official

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 01:05 PM ----------

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Chris Cooley just had a phenomenal diving catch, fully extended with Keenan Robinson draped on him. #Redskins

From everything I have read Cooley has been healthy all camp, and playing well with catches like this...... I just don't see why so many people are so eager to trade him away, when what we would get in return would be no where near the productivity...... There are still a few people around here Chris that are still routing for you. Keep ballin Caos!!!

Casserly was between a rock and a hard place there. Horrible quarterback class, you're an expansion franchise that needs to have a face for the future. Bad pick, without a doubt.

But, he also drafted Andre Johnson, DeMeco Ryans, Mario Williams, and Owen Daniels. He wasn't all bad. Wasn't a great GM, but I think he has a better eye than people give him credit for.

As for his "I'd take Luck over RG3 10 times out of 10" comment, pretty sure you'd see a lot of front office personnel who would say that. I know he's our guy, but I don't think Casserly was badmouthing him, and he's been very complimentary towards the fans, the players we have now and towards our coaches. So yeah. Not that bad.

Really did not want to take cap hit on Brown 'til June 1st of next year so we put it in 2014 when penalty will be history.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2012 at 09:11 PM ----------

Chris Baker is Hampton University man and we are routing for him to make the final 53.

@mchappell51

#Colts Andrew Luck's four-day passing totals: 101-of-131 (77.1 pct), 4 INTs.

OH but RG III you threw 2 INTS in this WHOLE ENTIRE CAMP...Lets just talk about that!

I thought RG3 threw 3 INTS? Which of course means he is flatout terrible.

I thought RG3 threw 3 INTS? Which of course means he is flatout terrible.

2 or 3. Whatever it is. He gets the short end of the stick went it comes to being a rookie QB. Luck gets no scrutiny but RG III is vilified by the DC media for making mistakes in practice and compared to Luck he's been pretty damn good. it's unfair .. Maybe people are jealous of his commercials, i just don't know

2 or 3. Whatever it is. He gets the short end of the stick went it comes to being a rookie QB. Luck gets no scrutiny but RG III is vilified by the DC media for making mistakes in practice and compared to Luck he's been pretty damn good. it's unfair .. Maybe people are jealous of his commercials, i just don't know

Lol. I don't see RGIII getting vilified at all, he's had his ups and downs, more ups than downs certainly. I don't understand why so many skins fans wanna take shots at Andrew Luck, what has he ever done to this franchise lol.

Lol. I don't see RGIII getting vilified at all, he's had his ups and downs, more ups than downs certainly. I don't understand why so many skins fans wanna take shots at Andrew Luck, what has he ever done to this franchise lol.

You know full well Luck and RG III will be Compared Heavily in their preseason matchup, let alone the rest of their careers lol!

You know full well Luck and RG III will be Compared Heavily in their preseason matchup, let alone the rest of their careers lol!

You add to that the fact that the ESPN/NY media love to make the Redskins still look like they are the same team from the Vinny era and certain people are drooling at the possibility of RG3 being a failure just to continue the same jokes about our franchise.

**** the haters!

You add to that the fact that the ESPN/NY media love to make the Redskins still look like they are the same team from the Vinny era and certain people are drooling at the possibility of RG3 being a failure just to continue the same jokes about our franchise.

**** the haters!

It's actually pretty hilarious. The NY media still thinks the Redskins are 35 years old and up. The team is one of the youngest in the NFL now. I think the pundits will be surprised this season

i used to listen to casserly, ready to roast him for the bad picks he's made. but every time i hear him, it makes me realize he not only knows more than i'll ever know, but that we tend to remember the bad picks more than good ones.

I missed all the tweets today and everything. Trying to look back and take a look. I was getting ready for a wedding this weekend and setting up a surprise celebration for a friend

I saw a lot of banks. looks like Garcon still making an impression. just trying to pick out the positives, I see morgan, lewis and a couple others sat out. looks like sexy might of had a good day

is armstrong ok? saw a tweet about x-rays? doesn't look to bad?

Ahh man, Saw the groin about Lewis. Dang hoping another pirate could make the team. wish him well

saw something about good chemistry, sweet

Archived