Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Sports: Predicting every game: Pats go 16-0, lose in Super Bowl; sound familiar? (get a load of the Skins results)

We let teams score more than 25 on us 6 times last season, but somehow that will happen to us 10 times this season.

And that was with Rex the turn-over machine and Reed Doughty as starting safety for most of the games last year.

If RG3 can cut the turnovers and our D can generate more I can't possibly see teams scoring 25 or more very often.

Also most all our NFC east games are determined by 7 points or less most of the time regardless of who the better team is.

I can sort of see his rational in that the Redskins went from 6-10 to 5-11 in year two of Shanahan and now have a rookie QB to break in. So just looking at it that way, 3-13 isn't that crazy. But the Redskins do appear to be a much sounder team than the record last year showed. I suspect those picking the Skins to win 6 or 7 games are closer to reality than Prisco.

That's just embarrassing, especially when contrasted w/ the decent work Kirwan does.

After all these years of getting hopes up against all evidence, I'm not gonna play safe now when we have have legitimate hope. Yes, the easy, rational thing is to lay low and look for a .500-esque year, but I'm still pulling for Griffin & Co. catchin' fire and winning 10 games.

Of course I may feel differently once the meds kick in :silly:

I will bet my FULL pair that we don't give up over 30 points in all but one division game. Zero percent chance that happens. LMAO...

Ah, I should've known pistol Pete Prisco was behind this one....

That prediction for the Redskins is beyond asinine. First, I think, because of their problems and suspensions, we beat the Saints, and even if the Rams beat us in the second week of the season, there's no way it's a 10 point deficit. The Bengals? Hell, no. You have got to be kidding me. I've fixed the list to provide a more accurate picture of how we actually do this year (11-5).

Redskins 33, Saints 30

Rams 27, Redskins 23

Redskins 17, Bengals 16

Redskins 28, Bucs 13

Falcons 26, Redskins 17

Redskins 20, Vikings 13

Redskins 16, Steelers 14

Redskins 20, Panthers 17

Ravens 17, Redskins 14

Redskins 17, Browns 13

Division games:

Giants 21, Redskins 20

Redskins 42, Eagles 3

Redskins 31, Cowboys 21

Redskins 23, Giants 10

Eagles 21, Redskins 20

Redskins 17, Cowboys 3

I think the Pat's going 16-0 is possible. They have the easiest schedule in the league. I would bet the over on Redskins wins though. 3 is a little low. But my expectations are not much higher. 5-6 wins seems right. This is a learning year for RG3. The wins dont really matter this year. We are building for 2013 and beyond.

Just don't click on it.

Seriously, this kind of article is designed for the expressed purpose of getting people like us to click on it.

I kind of wish the link to the article wasn't in the OP. It just feeds more viewers to another bull**** artist who took five minutes to whip something up.

So who does he have in the SB and who wins it? I refuse to click on it.

I'll email prisco this article when skins are 4-1, then point, and laugh at him.

I say we all do it.

I'll do it. Bump this when we win our 4th game and list the email address.

---------- Post added July-24th-2012 at 09:24 AM ----------

They're talking about Prisco's article here in Charlotte on sports talk. Panther homers aren't happy either and have basically said he's a nut.

---------- Post added July-24th-2012 at 09:28 AM ----------

i dont know if its been posted or not, but Kirwan posted a better one here: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19640313/nfl-season-projections-who-rises-and-who-falls-in-2012

While his assessment is better, I think his record predictions are lazy and pedestrian. It looks like he took the same records from last year and changed some teams by one game, here or there. It's pretty much how the standings looked at the end of last year. All of them are uninformed hacks that just want a click and I clicked this thinking it would be better.

What would you do if this actually came true? For this to happen, the O-line and QB combo must have really broken down. Griffin's probably injured cuz he's been sacked so much. Teams picked off our secondary with intermediate crossing routes (Patriots-style).

I'm not sure a lot changes in DC even if this happens. RG3 will be better in his second year. There will be more O-line investment to beef it up. The secondary will get some high picks in the draft. And we'll be better positioned for the next year.

I'm not going to want Shanny's head on a platter. Or hold up signs at FedEx asking for Synder to sell the team. It'll be another bad year of a rebuild where the pieces needed more time to gel. As horrible and devastating as this prediction is, with a rookie QB anything is possible. If we're going to go through this type of season, let it be now instead of a year or two from now. Gimme your pain! Now! It'll only make us stronger.

i dont know if its been posted or not, but Kirwan posted a better one here: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19640313/nfl-season-projections-who-rises-and-who-falls-in-2012

It's better, but still not that good. He didn't fact check his own statements. He mentioned Cam went 0-4 on the road to start off with, but their defense was far worse than ours. And Cam also dominated the first part of the season. I mean...his first two games combined for 925 yards, just from him.

His first two road games (including against a good Chicago defense) combined for 849 yards, 6 TD's, and only 2 Ints. So Cam played really damned good on the road to start off with, which is the opposite of what Kirwan says he did.

Archived