Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When was the last time the Redskins "got you off" as a fan?

Gart Monk

As others said, the Monday Night Miracle was probably the last magical moment. However, being at opening day last year, I'd add Kerrigan's TD in Week 1. FedEx was ELECTRIC that day, we went NUTS at that moment...

I keep seeing this and am wondering why people are forgetting the playoff run in 2007 done in Sean Taylor's memory. That was magical.

The most recent is definitely the drafting of RG3.

The only problem I have with The Monday Night Miracle is that besides the glorious ending, the rest of the game was complete trash. I can't remember a Skins/Cowpies game that I was less interested in than that one. Both teams played like garbage. It got so bad, that even Madden was making cracks about it. The only reason I stayed up to watch the end, was because we were playing Dallas. If we had been playing Buffalo, I'm not sure I coulda watched the whole thing.

I'm gonna go with Art Monk getting into Canton. The long applause for him that day was amazing. It went on so long that even Mr. Monk broke down and cried. Awesome.

No doubt that the first 57 minutes were horrible, but I think that's what makes the ending so incredible. Seeing the expression on the faces of Dallas fans was priceless. While the first 57 minutes sucked, the last 3 minutes were heavenly.

2006 against Dallas at FedEx. The blocked FG, the return by Sean Taylor, that setup the Nick Novak game winner. I still get chills.

I was at that game, convinced he would shank it, telling everyone to sit back down it wasn't over! Have chills thinking about it.

I was at that game, convinced he would shank it, telling everyone to sit back down it wasn't over! Have chills thinking about out.

Same here, I was with my cousins and they were all getting ready to leave. My school, UMD, won on a blocked field goal against FSU the week before and I told them it could happen again!

Needless to say, they stayed and now think I'm some sort of oracle. lol

I was at that game, convinced he would shank it, telling everyone to sit back down it wasn't over! Have chills thinking about it.

I remember that game as well. Was at a Local Bar with some friends and a bunch of Giant Fans. Taylor recovered the block by Vincent and then Novak hit the game winner.

The thing that made it better to me, was a couple minutes before, Novak missed almost the exact same kick wide right. The untimed Kick looked like it was going to go wide right as well, and just hooked in.

The two TDs from Brunell to Moss in Dallas on MNF.

Without question. Family in my house thought I was crazy. I just had a gut feeling after Moss' first TD on 4th down that they were going to win. It was just amazing. Hopefully many of these "got you off" moments will follow with RG3 at the helm.

That game also gave me hope that we would turn the season around. Given Joe Gibbs history, a 6-2 , 7-1, or even an 8-0 finish did not seem unthinkable.

I agree, teh Sean Taylor TD off the FG block was freaking awesome. Againts Dallas no less!!!

I remember standing in the concourses with my dad as he was trying to convince me to leave. I looked at him and I remember saying "Mike Vangerjagt sucks! This isn't even close to over!"

I'm gonna go with Art Monk getting into Canton. The long applause for him that day was amazing. It went on so long that even Mr. Monk broke down and cried. Awesome.

Same here. I was there for that ovation, and it was truly awesome.

The Monday Night Miracle was great at the time, as were a couple of the Sean Taylor plays and the RGIII draft pick. But seeing Art Monk (along with Darrell Green and Emmitt Thomas) that day was really special. It is my favorite "in person" Redskins' moment.

No doubt that the first 57 minutes were horrible, but I think that's what makes the ending so incredible. Seeing the expression on the faces of Dallas fans was priceless. While the first 57 minutes sucked, the last 3 minutes were heavenly.

To carry this concept to its extreme, it is kind of like you've gone through an extreme dry spell, about 7 years| I mean, you can't even get any even when you are willing to pay for it. You went to the bar to drown your sorrows again and just before you leave, the hottest girl in the bar comes up to you and wants to take you home.

Trading for #2, as well as beating Dallas with the Orakpo hold, and beating the Packers physically.

Sunday night vs Dallas on the Romo sits to pee throw "Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............................YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

2005. Our Monday Night Miracle (the real one is still Jets-Dolphins) was unbelievable. Also, the entire 5-0 run to get into the playoffs. How many moments during that run? Antonio Brown bailing us out with the KR TD blowing kisses to the crowd. The absolute beatdown of the Cowboys, the offensive explosion against the Giants and the clutch plays against the Eagles with Taylor sealing it up with the return.

Then we pulled off the win vs. Tampa. LaVar's last big play with the fumble strip and Taylor again. This is after Portis bullied his way for the opening TD.

Best weeks of the DECADE for the Redskins bar none. Paloffs is now.

There were good moments after but surrounded by incompetence and failure so they don't really resonate. 2005 was the best year since 1991. In '99 we beat losers to our division title. The 5-0 run felt way more accomplishing. Plus the way '99 ended made me want to throw up.

Every good moment since 2005, with the exception of the almost-as-good run in 2007 is irrelevant to me because we still sucked in the end. One exception being the Nick Novak game-winning FG vs. Dallas. Never seen that in all my years watching football.

The tweets saying we completed the trade up to #2. And then the actual selection of RG3.

As far as actually in a game, most recently would have to be Kerrigan's PD/INT/TD week 1 last year. Was the loudest I yelled all year. And for good reason. :ols:

2010 opener vs Dallas was the last victory that felt REALLY good, probably the best win or at least my favorite win since at least 2008.

Trading up for RGIII made me more excited than anything that has happened on the field for a long time, when I first heard (internet, lame I know) I was beaming for hours and my poor friend had to listen to me rant about it for hours when we were going off campus for food even though he doesn't care for football. Weird thing was some kid (Redskins fan) on my campus got mad that we traded up for him when I told him, called him a terrible QB and what not, I already knew he was a bit of a casual fan but man, I argued with him that night for like 45 minutes.

Good times.

the chills for me are getting more intense the closer we get to opening day. i feel like this wait has been forever... it's not even that i expect the Skins to be division winners or anything like that. It's just that I feel like we've finally got the answer at the QB position and I'm dying to see RGIII in burgundy and gold

Sunday night vs Dallas on the Romo sits to pee throw "Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............................YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Although that moment was chilling and was more recent than the Brunell to Moss TDs that I posted, I consider that more of a "got lucky" moment. It was indeed a hold- I'm not arguing that the call wasn't legit. However, I'd imagine there are a ton of games where refs let that stuff go in the final play of the game. I'm also sure Rak was held like that on a few plays that day when he got no call. Romo sits to pee hit the WR, we lost.... then we won. Bittersweet for me.

(But I'll take the win.) :)

The Kerrigan interception/TD last year in the opener. I wasn't expecting him to make a play like that right out of the gate. I had gotten tired of us getting beat down by the Giants every game, and that play (as well as the game, obviously) sent a loud and clear message that we weren't going to be anyone's ***** anymore.

Archived