Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When was the last time the Redskins "got you off" as a fan?

Gart Monk

Since everybody took all the good ones, I will go with some other ones...

The 2007 home game versus Detroit. I know the Lions were sorry at the time, but we took it to them. It was probably the last complete game (ST, Off, and Def dominating) that we played.

Last years Patriots game. It showed me that we can compete with the elite teams. I know we swept the Giants and I am happy with that, but I felt better knowing that we can play with the Patriots and give them a run for their money.

Since everybody took all the good ones, I will go with some other ones...

The 2007 home game versus Detroit. I know the Lions were sorry at the time, but we took it to them. It was probably the last complete game (ST, Off, and Def dominating) that we played.

Last years Patriots game. It showed me that we can compete with the elite teams. I know we swept the Giants and I am happy with that, but I felt better knowing that we can play with the Patriots and give them a run for their money.

And we were seriously "in the game" the WHOLE game. **** Gronwhateverhisnameis.

any questions?

1991 was good but it didn't "get me off" as a fan because it pretty much met my expectations. Now that my expectations are so low (just being in the mix in the late season is exciting), it is much easier. For instance, look how excited some colleges are just to be bowl eligible while coaches of other teams have been fired for not posting double digit wins!

Januray 26th, 1992, 3rd quarter, 1 minute, 24 seconds left in the 3rd, Gary Clark catches a pass over his shoulder for a clinching touchdown. I jumped up and down and acted like a fool. I knew it was over.

Honorable mention- Novak's game winner after the blocked kick. Only time since 1992 that I've gotten that excited, including the Monday Night Miracle. I was in bed watching the rest of the game and I didn't want to wake the family up or I would have scared the crap out of them after Moss' 2nd TD.

---------- Post added July-16th-2012 at 10:22 AM ----------

Also, shouldn't this whole thread go in the "Taken out of Context" thread?

The Philly game where Portis carried us into the playoffs. My dad had me bring my family up to Savannah for the weekend. We were in the suite and he had my two girls cheerleading and my son was everywhere. Hadn't watched a Skinz game w/ my dad in almost a decade. I specifically remember the last TD run by Portis. The room went crazy.

Hands down the most memorable moment for me as a Redskins fan (besides #21s death), since the last Super Bowl.

I don't want to threadjack, but I don't see how one game (albeit a stirring comeback against our hated rivals) in September trumps playoff wins!

Since Rypien's Super Bowl, we have won 3 playoff games. I would say that both playoff games we played in (beating Minnesota and losing to San Francisco) were more exciting to me. The win vs. Minnesota is obvious, but the loss against SF had a 5-10 minute period where I was convinced some old Gibbs magic was going to strike. We ultimately lost, but we were a few plays away from a win in SF and re-match with Dallas in another NFC Championship Game.

Fast-forward to the 1999 season and there were a few great post-season moments there too. Again, the dominating HOME win vs. a Frerotte-led Detroit team. Then a great first half in TB and a late flurry to almost kick a GW FG to head to St. Louis for an NFC Championship Game appearance.

Then the 2005 and 2007 playoff games were littered with excitement. Again, we won a game in the first round in 2005 and had a play that almost stopped my heart in the Seattle game. We were dominating that offense, had a 3-0 lead, and had our young CB step in front of a fluttering pass that would have put us up 10-0. I think Seattle quits at that point and we play in Carolina for a shot at a Super Bowl. In 2007, we again had Seattle in a tough spot when Moss caught that Collins pass and paid his respects to ST in the second half. We ran out of steam and then Collins started playing hot potato to make the score look lopsided.

Still, I get that the MNF game vs. Dallas was fun, but we've had a handful of ridiculously exciting post-season moments since we last won a title. I find it hard to believe that those aren't higher on everyone's lists.

I remember being excited at that point too though because we were in a pretty good position to win. Suisham. Blah!!!

Not to dwell, but Cooley, not Suisham, provided the key moment in that game. He had a catchable ball go through his hands inside the 5 that would have set us up for a potential TD (and 21-13 lead) instead of needing to attempt a FG. No doubt the 3 should have been automatic there, but a TD continues our momentum while even a made FG provides Seattle with a chance to exhale.

Not to dwell, but Cooley, not Suisham, provided the key moment in that game. He had a catchable ball go through his hands inside the 5 that would have set us up for a potential TD (and 21-13 lead) instead of needing to attempt a FG. No doubt the 3 should have been automatic there, but a TD continues our momentum while even a made FG provides Seattle with a chance to exhale.

True.. I couldn't remember who was at fault there but I remember we should have had a first and goal. I was thinking Collins may have overthrew someone. Thanks for the reminder, or not lol. I just remember thinking "it's ok, we get three and force them to score a TD"... And then wanting to kill Suisham when he missed the kick.

The whole time frame from the winter of 1992 until now has been pretty LIMP... so I am going to go with 1991/1992 :ols:

For me there have been a lot more times since 1992. Kind of the inverse of one of the things that happens when you get old. When I was a teen, the first couple were good no matter how bad. Now, I'm more mature and unless its good it ain't good. Back then, if we didn't win, we didn't look good. Even when we won, I still was sometimes disappointed. Today, even in some of our losses, I've been excited.

Archived