Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When was the last time the Redskins "got you off" as a fan?

Gart Monk

The glass has been half empty for so long but there have been moments that remind how great it can be to love this team. I recall the tear running down my cheek after Larry Centers scored that OT touchdown vs SF to win the NFCE in 1999. Anthony Mix rocked my world when he recovered that kickoff vs SEA in the 2007 playoff game. Opening day 2010 at FEDEX Field was incredible as it was the dawn of a new era. The Skins premiered their gold pants and the stadium exploded during Mcnabb's introduction.

When was the last time the Redskins paid you back with a winning lump in your throat?

Moss in Dallas for sure. 2005 had some good ones too.

---------- Post added July-15th-2012 at 10:52 AM ----------

Sean Taylor against the Eagles, with the fumble recovery and leaping somersault touchdown.

Oh my God absolutely! One of the very best moments. Great call.

---------- Post added July-15th-2012 at 10:53 AM ----------

Sean Taylor against the Eagles, with the fumble recovery and leaping somersault touchdown.

Oh my God absolutely! One of the very best moments. Great call.

Gotta agree with the Moss TDs also. Ill never forget, I was at a party in college and the game was on. There was a Dallas fan there watching and talking trash. When that second TD was scored, I jumped up on the table screaming and yelling, and spilling beer everywhere haha. It was the kind of moment that reminds us why we are sports fans, through the good and the bad. Unforgettable...

The last time was probably the 2010 opener against Dallas. I was at the Stadium with my wife to be, sitting in end zone seats in the end-zone where Dallas was taking shots to win the game. And I saw the hold on Orakpo, the flag, and then the TD (which was nullified) and I cannot explain how unbelievably cool that was.

The other one I remember, not a specific play, but just the end of the game, was beating Tampa Bay in the wild card round in 2005. Because that was the first time since 1999 the 'Skins had won a playoff game. (And have't done so since).

The "one that got away" was the game in 2009 against the Saints. The 'Skins had an amazing opportunity to win the game in regulation, up by 7 with a 21 yard FG coming out of the 2 minute warning. A made FG puts the 'Skins up by 10 with 2 minutes left. Suisham misses. Brees throws a 53 yard TD to tie the game, Sellers fumbles in OT, and the Saints win. That was setting up to be another great moment for the 'Skins, and I had that feeling of pride, like, "Damn, we're going to knock the Saints off their unbeaten streak." But then it all just fell apart so quickly. Suisham was cut the next week, and went on to miss FGs for Dallas in the playoffs. Though, amazingly, he's now a respectable kicker for the Steelers.

A couple months back, when we went all in on Robert Griffin, III.

I was so excited that I teared up a little bit. Not gonna lie. My son is two years old, and the fact that he gets to watch a franchise quarterback growing up makes my job of forcing this team down his throat that much easier, and that means a lot to me.

I was so excited that I teared up a little bit. Not gonna lie. My son is two years old, and the fact that he gets to watch a franchise quarterback growing up makes my job of forcing this team down his throat that much easier, and that means a lot to me.

Well said, DC, well said.

Exactly this^ You have to look no further back. Everytime I see or hear RGIII speak the glass is overflowing.

2006 against Dallas at FedEx. The blocked FG, the return by Sean Taylor, that setup the Nick Novak game winner. I still get chills.

That game also gave me hope that we would turn the season around. Given Joe Gibbs history, a 6-2 , 7-1, or even an 8-0 finish did not seem unthinkable.

Oh, yes...what a moment!!

Husband's family's Christmas Celebration last year...of course, no Skins game, just the Falcons. ugh. Bro-in-law is a Skins fan, and we couldn't even eat our food for watching the bottom line for the Skins/Giants scores. We cried together when we won...it was awesome!

Just now, reading this.

Can't wait for football!

The only problem I have with The Monday Night Miracle is that besides the glorious ending, the rest of the game was complete trash. I can't remember a Skins/Cowpies game that I was less interested in than that one. Both teams played like garbage. It got so bad, that even Madden was making cracks about it. The only reason I stayed up to watch the end, was because we were playing Dallas. If we had been playing Buffalo, I'm not sure I coulda watched the whole thing.

I'm gonna go with Art Monk getting into Canton. The long applause for him that day was amazing. It went on so long that even Mr. Monk broke down and cried. Awesome.

2006 against Dallas at FedEx. The blocked FG, the return by Sean Taylor, that setup the Nick Novak game winner. I still get chills.

+1

I was jumping up and down in the living room of the house I was living at at the time and the owner's dalmation got so excited her started humping my leg, it was funny but an awesome moment.

That was the last one for me.. 6 years ago

Archived