Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When was the last time the Redskins "got you off" as a fan?

Gart Monk

Moss's catch in traffic and run for a TD in OT against Jacksonville in 2006. Crazy ending against Dallas in the same year with the blocked FG and return and then the game winning field goal.

2006 sucked, but I remember a lot of things happening that year. Like the shovel pass Brunell hit Portis with against Houston with like 10 seconds left in the 2nd quarter. They thought we were going to throw it towards the end zone, but he it him with the shovel pass.

Not to dwell, but Cooley, not Suisham, provided the key moment in that game. He had a catchable ball go through his hands inside the 5 that would have set us up for a potential TD (and 21-13 lead) instead of needing to attempt a FG. No doubt the 3 should have been automatic there, but a TD continues our momentum while even a made FG provides Seattle with a chance to exhale.

I was at that game and when Mix recovered that fumble, the whole stadium was quiet. When they got us to 4th down (BEFORE the missed kick) the Seattle fans were back to making noise. I am certain had we put 6, we'd have taken that game over since one of our biggest problems in controlling that game with our offense was being beat off the snap (which tends to happen when there's lots of noise).

For me there have been a lot more times since 1992. Kind of the inverse of one of the things that happens when you get old. When I was a teen, the first couple were good no matter how bad. Now, I'm more mature and unless its good it ain't good. Back then, if we didn't win, we didn't look good. Even when we won, I still was sometimes disappointed. Today, even in some of our losses, I've been excited.

So you got off on loosing? what ever floats your boat I guess :cool: I have missed a handful of home games since I was like 10, winning isnt everything, its the only thing,

and we have not done much of that since 92

So you got off on loosing? what ever floats your boat I guess :cool: I have missed a handful of home games since I was like 10, winning isnt everything, its the only thing,

and we have not done much of that since 92

No. How can you even ask? Didn't get off on losing either.

I was at that game and when Mix recovered that fumble, the whole stadium was quiet. When they got us to 4th down (BEFORE the missed kick) the Seattle fans were back to making noise. I am certain had we put 6, we'd have taken that game over since one of our biggest problems in controlling that game with our offense was being beat off the snap (which tends to happen when there's lots of noise).

I agree. I think a 21-13 lead there is HUGE. Remember, we intercepted Hasselback after the missed FG. So if we had an 8-point lead and still got the ball back on a TO (I realize you can't project that same result), we have ALL the momentum and can maybe try to pound the ball and kill the clock knowing that they need to 2 possessions to beat us.

I remember being excited at that point too though because we were in a pretty good position to win. Suisham. Blah!

I was watching with a friend and once he saw Mix run into the endzone he immediately yelled "That's my 21!!!" Because if you recall, that would have made what was at one point a 17-0 game, 21-17.

Archived