Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: ‘Skins, Griffin still haggling over offset language

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a95fdb/article/rg3-is-a-noshow-as-redskins-rookies-open-workouts

Robert Griffin III reportedly absent at open workouts

By Brian McIntyre

Washington Redskins rookies were scheduled to report to Redskins Park for pre-training camp workouts Monday. According to Alex Parker of WJLA.com, one member of the rookie class not in attendance was No. 2 overall draft pick Robert Griffin III.

RG3 is among 14 first-round picks from the 2012 NFL Draft without a signed contract. Therefore, he is not required to report to the pre-camp workouts and should not be considered a "holdout" or "no show."

*Click Link For More*

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19601583/rg3-thirdround-pick-leribeus-unsigned-stay-away-from-skins-rookie-camp

RG3, third-round pick LeRibeus unsigned, stay away from 'Skins rookie camp

ASHBURN, Va. -- Robert Griffin III remains unsigned as the Washington Redskins open the second day of their five-day rookie camp.

The Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback from Baylor was the second pick in this year's draft. The team's third-round selection, offensive lineman Josh LeRibeus, was also absent again Tuesday.

The two aren't considered holdouts because training camp doesn't officially begin until July 26. Neither can be on the field this week with their fellow newcomers until they have signed their contracts.

The collective bargaining agreement that was ratified by the NFL and the union to end last year's lockout was supposed to make rookie deals easier to complete with a system of slotting that paid players based on their draft position. It worked well for the Redskins for their choices from the fourth through seventh rounds, all of whom were signed by early June.

*Click Link For More*

Relax everyone.

RG3 will be signed soon.

Trust me..I'm a nervous Nelly as well, to finally have it confirmed that we have Superman locked up & loaded here.

But there are just "I's" to be dotted & "T's" to be crossed. We'll be fine.

It could be worse...

RG3 could be in Miami right now, running the town.

He'll be throwing hang glider TD's to L. Hankerson in practice, before the Month is over.

I agree with you. I think the only way this is a big deal is if it was only Griff not signed. Its not. Its all the top picks. It will be fine.

Eleven years on this forum and you're shocked at ES freaking out? :ols:

:ols: No kidding. I've been here almost as long and one of the first things I learned was someone was going to freak out over some little **** or another. Of course back then,it would be about 2 members instead of a few dozen..... :silly:

There's definitely some irrational "freaking out" going on on the board.

But for those of us who are old enough to vividly remember Heath Shuler's holdout (2 weeks)...

Then Patrick Ramsey's holdout (more than two weeks)...

dejavu-matrix.jpg

I thought that this would be different. Because they all said the new CBA would prevent this type of thing from happening. And they all said RG3 wasn't the type of person who would hold out.

So I'm far from freaking out about this, and I think I understand why it's happening. But for the first time since the Redskins made the trade to get RG3, an uneasy feeling has crept in.

I thought that this would be different. Because they all said the new CBA would prevent this type of thing from happening. And they all said RG3 wasn't the type of person who would hold out.

So I'm far from freaking out about this, and I think I understand why it's happening. But for the first time since the Redskins made the trade to get RG3, an uneasy feeling has crept in.

It's just business. Both sides---front offices and agents---are trying to find all the loopholes they can to come out on top. Too much is made of the new CBA, rookie wage scale, et. al. Both sides are always going to look to game the system to their advantage. This is just another step in that vein.

I hear he wants his own dressing room that is filled with lillys, candy dishes with only yellow M&Ms and water shipped in directly from a stream in the Alps. Also, he wants to be able to kick field goals if he chooses and the right to name the babies any of his teammates.

I hear he wants a full-scale working model of the original Megazord, and he wants to be able to use it on the field as he sees fit without any question. He also wants his fiancee to be promoted to Executive Vice President of Talent Relations, and the Interim General Manager of Monday Night RAW and Friday Night SmackDown!, and to have the XFL re-instated, with the Scramble for the Ball being added to NFL games.

Threads like this just make it way to easy to spot the stupid heads & toss em out on their tuckases. :)

---------- Post added July-17th-2012 at 04:38 PM ----------

I hear he wants a full-scale working model of the original Megazord, and he wants to be able to use it on the field as he sees fit without any question. He also wants his fiancee to be promoted to Executive Vice President of Talent Relations, and the Interim General Manager of Monday Night RAW and Friday Night SmackDown!, and to have the XFL re-instated, with the Scramble for the Ball being added to NFL games.

Well then. Best of luck to him in his future endeavors. ;)

Seems more like a pissin contest between the agents & GM's...

Given RG3 will get about 2/3rds of his money straight away via signing bonus, the money in the out years is pretty small in comparison. And he'll probably want a new deal by year 4 anyway...:ols:

Good for Griffin for getting every penny he deserves it, I wouldn't take a penny less either in this situation

I believe, from all knowledgable reports, that money has nothing to do with this hold up. As a matter of fact, the new CBA pretty much sets the market price for all rookies with its rookie salary cap. This is all about language in the contract, not about money.

I hear he also demanded that, along with the XFL, Rod Smart has to be brought back as well. That part is non-negotiable.

Seriously? We have a guy who is potentially our franchise QB for the next decade, and you'll miss out on all of that just because he misses some training camp? :rolleyes:

Well first of all I was being a bit sarcastic - I probably will not randomly select a new favorite team out of a hat even if we screw up RG-3. However - I did not say if he misses some training camp, I said if he is not ready for the season. Two totally different matters.

---------- Post added July-17th-2012 at 05:40 PM ----------

Overreact much? :ols:

Wow - do I have to actually let everyone know when I am being sarcastic? Im forty years old and have been rooting for the skins since I can remember staring at a television - Im probably not going to pick a new team out of a hat if RG-3 isnt ready for the season. Im just trying to make the point that almost since that first time I remember staring at a television at a guy wearing the number 7 and playing QB for us am I excited about that position, and I dont want to hear anything negative at all - I want him im camp and looking sharp and kissing babies, and shaking hands NOW......lol - so dont overreact to my "overreaction"

It seems like every day I read an article on ESPN or PFT about RG III not being signed. However, I havent seen one article, let alone one mention, of Andrew Luck, Trent Richardson, Etc not being signed. Is there a reason for this??

It seems like every day I read an article on ESPN or PFT about RG III not being signed. However, I havent seen one article, let alone one mention, of Andrew Luck, Trent Richardson, Etc not being signed. Is there a reason for this??

Because you're on a Redskins message board?

:)

Archived