Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: ‘Skins, Griffin still haggling over offset language

Do a few google searches for Luck no show and unsigned. It's a bit weird. :)

Andrew Luck doesn't get the clicks that RG3 does. Neither would Richardson---no one gives a **** about the Browns.

RG3 seems to have the popularity going for him, plus there's a bazillion panicked Redskins fans. Colts fans are more subdued/ambivalent.

It seems like every day I read an article on ESPN or PFT about RG III not being signed. However, I havent seen one article, let alone one mention, of Andrew Luck, Trent Richardson, Etc not being signed. Is there a reason for this??

How many of them are missing camp time?

A few days missed doesnt concern me. This stuff is between his agent and the team, thats whats he pays him for. Now should this become more drawn out I think I may get a little concerned. Until then, a non issue.

Andrew Luck doesn't get the clicks that RG3 does. Neither would Richardson---no one gives a **** about the Browns.

RG3 seems to have the popularity going for him, plus there's a bazillion panicked Redskins fans. Colts fans are more subdued/ambivalent.

Which kind of proves my point in a way. And rest assured,part of it is it's RG3 and Washington and there's a current rookie camp going on.Bigger news. Not that it's really a big deal,but for those reasons the media will persist in reporting it as such. :yawnee:

Though there are Colts fans who are getting a bit anxious. Just not as many of them as here,(in general ;) ).

Punch it in writes:

Wow - do I have to actually let everyone know when I am being sarcastic? Im forty years old and have been rooting for the skins since I can remember staring at a television - Im probably not going to pick a new team out of a hat if RG-3 isnt ready for the season. Im just trying to make the point that almost since that first time I remember staring at a television at a guy wearing the number 7 and playing QB for us am I excited about that position, and I dont want to hear anything negative at all - I want him im camp and looking sharp and kissing babies, and shaking hands NOW......lol - so dont overreact to my "overreaction"

Oh well, blame yourself for folk's sarcasm meter being broken regarding your post.

Your posting history tends to lead one to think of words like "paranoid" and "over-statement", not tounge-in-cheek lines.

It's all good. :)

---------- Post added July-17th-2012 at 06:59 PM ----------

How many of them are missing camp time?

RG3, though, really isn't missing camp time. This is just rookie acclimation time.

Something that would be great for him to be there for, but he may not need. Keep in mind, RG3 has been here the WHOLE offseason. He didn't have to leave to finish school, like some of the other rookies probably did have to do.

They may be going over things RG3 has already done, but they weren't here for while they finished school.

Maybe that is why Shanahan is not kicking up a fuss about him not being there.

Because you're on a Redskins message board?

:)

Im not talking about on this board. I frequent all of the major sports sites daily (PFT, ESPN, SI, Foxsports) and all I see is articles specifically mentioning RGIII. You would think they would atleast mention some of the other top 10 picks as well.

Not in public, but I bet behind closed doors Shanahan is flipping his lid about Robert not being signed and delivered.

Maybe, but maybe not.

Jsteelz ‏@Jsteelz_Httr

Skins are not worried rg3 working off site with teamates. Wantd this deal done...nothing to worry about

Im not talking about on this board. I frequent all of the major sports sites daily (PFT, ESPN, SI, Foxsports) and all I see is articles specifically mentioning RGIII. You would think they would atleast mention some of the other top 10 picks as well.

Part of that maybe that RG3 was supposed to have reported to the Redskins facility already with the other rookies, and he hasn't. Hence, the sports media is implying it is some sort of holdout (which it isn't because camp doesn't start until July 26th).

Also because RG3 has a lot of star buzz around him, too. :)

---------- Post added July-17th-2012 at 06:59 PM ----------

[/color]

RG3, though, really isn't missing camp time. This is just rookie acclimation time.

Something that would be great for him to be there for, but he may not need. Keep in mind, RG3 has been here the WHOLE offseason. He didn't have to leave to finish school, like some of the other rookies probably did have to do.

They may be going over things RG3 has already done, but they weren't here for while they finished school.

Maybe that is why Shanahan is not kicking up a fuss about him not being there.

I'm not here to discuss how important the rookie stuff is. I'm just giving an explanation for why nobody is talking about the other first round picks.

LeRibeus though... what's his problem?

For some reason, 12 of the 3rd round picks are still unsigned. Apparently with the new CBA they are in some tricky middle ground and the agents are working out the details.

I just wish they would sign, say...now...for no other reason than this story is really becoming irritating.

Nobody else is missing rookie camp.

Media is only interested in those AWOL

---------- Post added July-17th-2012 at 11:44 PM ----------

Shanny's idea to have more time with his new QB and reps before the Buffalo game has backfired.

He should not have named RG3 his QB until later in the year and knew the system and timing.

Nobody else is missing rookie camp.

Media is only interested in those AWOL

---------- Post added July-17th-2012 at 11:44 PM ----------

Shanny's idea to have more time with his new QB and reps before the Buffalo game has backfired.

He should not have named RG3 his QB until later in the year and knew the system and timing.

Please. :rolleyes:

Calm down. You do realize that we are still a month away from our first preseason game. Heck, we are still a week away from trianing camp starting.

Shanahan will have plenty of time to work with RG3. Relax. :)

---------- Post added July-18th-2012 at 03:48 AM ----------

I'm not here to discuss how important the rookie stuff is. I'm just giving an explanation for why nobody is talking about the other first round picks.

Well, they will probably talk more about the others as thier training camp times approach. Yes, the Redskins TC hasn't arrived yet, either, but rookies are supposed to be there and RG3 isn't.

Hence, somewhat of a story.

LeRibeus, OTOH, better get signed and into camp on time. He is much more expendable than RG3 is and his 3rd round selection will mean nothing to Shanahan.

He doesn't want to start off on the wrong foot by being a holdout.... a THIRD round holdout at that. :)

With LeRibeus as I understand it some of the guys who were drafted in the 3rd round and signed early signed deals which were lower than their slots - heaven knows why. This means that the slotting system is a bit out of whack now for guys taken in that area and teams and agents are struggling to find a middle ground with agents wanting their guys to get the full value the CBA allows and teams wanting to keep consistent with the contracts already signed. I'm surprised its dragging on though since we are probably not talking a huge difference for a 3rd rounder.

His missing those two days of camp set the team back by at least 2 years.

:D

Okay cool. We need to be able to re-stock on the tranquilizers around here anyway. Have to be ready for the next anxiety inducing subject to come across the board,(RG3 throws near interception in camp,forgets socks,something like that).

Actually, a lot does break on twitter. Adam K. broke his own re-signing deal on twitter. Skins didn't even put out a press release on it until days later.

And like I said on there earlier this morning, with RG3 being on twitter, I expect him to break it there, which is why I'm not spending any real time working on constantly checking to see if it is done.

Wait. What? :)

Archived