Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per TMZ Junior Seau dead--suicide

G.A.C.O.L.B.

Whoa. That's unreal.

I think this would be a great concussion study case. 20 years as an intense inside backer? I guarantee you he played with a concussion several times.

my thoughts exactly, I hope his brain is studied, have to wonder if he did have post concussion , so so sad, feel horrible for him and his kids

Yeah but are we noticing signs of depression?

This just as easily could be a guy who used to be a hero no longer in the limelight mixed with a sad divorce and relationship problems just giving up. The suicide rate for divorced men is higher than other groups. Granted he's been divorced for awhile and maybe he had an amicable relationship with her but if you add in football head injuries PLUS no longer being in the spotlight PLUS other issues...

Really sad.

The problem is that no one really knows how all this stuff works together.

Clinical depression + Brain Trauma = ???????

RIP Junior. If this turns out to be another former football player taking their life and saving their brain for research at the same time, this will blow the lid off head hits & concussions. No offense to Durerson or Easterling or their families, but Junior was a bigger name than either one of those guys. It might wake current players up to the fact that this happens to current day NFL players, and is not isolated to old timers.

The problem is that no one really knows how all this stuff works together.

Clinical depression + Brain Trauma = ???????

True, I was just curious that people said they had not seen signs. But truth be told, lots of people think depression consists of a guy simpering under a blanket and talking suicide non-stop. Or just "feeling blue" with wistful, dramatic looks into the middle distance.

True, I was just curious that people said they had not seen signs. But truth be told, lots of people think depression consists for a guy simpering under a blanket and talking suicide non-stop. Or just "feeling blue" with wistful, dramatic looks into the middle distance.

He did have a domestic violence episode and that weird car accident.

The other thing to consider with these athletes is that they are trained from age 12 to never show pain so who knows. It's all speculation. As usual, I never feel sad at this sort of thing; I always feel angry. He was 43 and a father of three. It's just such a waste.

Junior Seau, the NFL legend who made his name with the San Diego Chargers was found dead in his home in Los Angeles at the age of 43 on May 2, 2012. An Ocean Side law enforcement official told TMZ that the NFL star died of a gunshot wound to the chest. Seau leaves behind four children.

Seau was a 12-time Pro Bowl linebacker and a 10-time All-Pro in the NFL. The player played from 1990-2009 for the Chargers, Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots.

http://www.examiner.com/article/junior-seau-dies-nfl-players-and-legends-tweet-their-support

Thoughts and prayers to his family.

As usual' date=' I never feel sad at this sort of thing; I always feel angry. He was 43 and a father of three. It's just such a waste.[/quote']

Truly it is. It just occurred to me that a guy I grew up with as a football icon (I remember the draft magazine that talked about Seau's potential impact) is only 8 or so years older than me. And now he's dead.

Whoa. That's unreal.

I think this would be a great concussion study case. 20 years as an intense inside backer? I guarantee you he played with a concussion several times.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Archived