Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per TMZ Junior Seau dead--suicide

G.A.C.O.L.B.

Here's the latest. Everyone saying suicide:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/02/junior-seau-dead/

JUNIOR SEAU DEAD

Cops Suspect Suicide

11:27 AM PDT -- We're told a 911 call came in around 10:00 AM. No word on who made the call.

11:23 AM PDT -- The coroner just arrived on scene.

NFL legend Junior Seau was found dead in his home in Oceanside, CA ... and a law enforcement source at the scene tells us cops believe he shot himself.

Seau was 43-years-old ... and leaves behind 3 kids and an ex-wife.

Cops are currently at Seau's home -- located in San Diego County -- and were seen talking with a man who was inside the house and appeared distraught.

We're told Seau sent text messages to his ex-wife and 3 kids yesterday saying, "Love you." We're told they all responded and didn't suspect anything was wrong. We're told he last saw his kids 3 weeks ago.

Sources close to Seau tell us family members didn't notice any signs of depression in recent weeks.

Seau was a beast in the NFL -- skyrocketing to fame thanks to his explosive play with the San Diego Chargers, Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots. The USC standout was selected in the first round of the NFL draft in 1990 and played in the league for 20 years.

Seau was involved in a car accident back in 2010 when he drove his SUV off a cliff in Carlsbad, CA hours after he was arrested for allegedly attacking his girlfriend. Seau later said he was not trying to kill himself ... insisting he had fallen asleep at the wheel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7U0Z4rT5P4

RIP

I know San Diego has to be rocked right now. I lived there for a couple of years and Seau was just such a hero to so many there. I'm not sure I ever once saw a Chargers jersey that wasn't a Seau jersey. Such a sad situation.

And this is just crazy:

Lee Jenkins @SI_LeeJenkins

Seau is the eighth member of the Chargers '94 Super Bowl team to pass

Lee Jenkins @SI_LeeJenkins

The list: Lew Bush, David Griggs, Rodney Culver, Doug Miller, Curtis Whitley, Chris Mims, Shawn Lee and Seau

https://twitter.com/#!/SI_LeeJenkins

RIP Junior.

It's almost certainly a suicide. I know it's not cool to say it now, but it's such a terrible thing to do to your family....especially when you have kids. Like people have said, maybe it had to do with damage done over the years. I guess best not to speculate right now.

Whoa. That's unreal.

I think this would be a great concussion study case. 20 years as an intense inside backer? I guarantee you he played with a concussion several times.

And unfortunately, I believe steroid use too.

Whoa. That's unreal.

I think this would be a great concussion study case. 20 years as an intense inside backer? I guarantee you he played with a concussion several times.

Not if he shot himself in the head.

Whoa. That's unreal.

Yeah but are we noticing signs of depression?

This just as easily could be a guy who used to be a hero no longer in the limelight mixed with a sad divorce and relationship problems just giving up. The suicide rate for divorced men is higher than other groups. Granted he's been divorced for awhile and maybe he had an amicable relationship with her but if you add in football head injuries PLUS no longer being in the spotlight PLUS other issues...

Really sad.

So he shot himself in the chest, same suicide as Dave Duerson.

On Twitter people are talking about how they did it that way so their brain could be studied.

If that's the case, and we'll obviously never know, it's amazing to me that someone would be in such a dark place as to consider and go through with suicide and also think of preserving their brain for future study.

RIP to Junior.

i'm totally shocked ... jesus.

i can never understand how things can get that bad, not that they can't.

---------- Post added May-2nd-2012 at 02:45 PM ----------

So he shot himself in the chest, same suicide as Dave Duerson.

On Twitter people are talking about how they did it that way so their brain could be studied.

don't even know how to respond to that if true ... holy ****.

Archived