Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

READ UPDATE IN OP PLEASE! 2012 Redskins Free Agency Updated Tracker: Garcon, Morgan, Meriweather, Cedric Griffin signed; Carriker and Grossman re-up (OP will be updated w/signings, cuts, trades, etc.)

DC9

More specifically to your point, if it so difficult to find linemen who fit the zone blocking scheme, perhaps its the wrong scheme. After all, something can certainly be said for a coach who is humble enough to change his philosophy is he sees that its a hindrance. None of the issues relating to Shannahan's first two seasons should have effected his ability to build his vaunted ZBS system, yet little real, measurable progress has been made.

Seems to work fine in Houston, and there's only one first round pick on that line...

Seemed to work when all those running backs were running for 1000s of yards without a lot of high round draft picks in Denver.

Don't let a silly things like facts get in the way of your opinion, though...

On the flip side, all that money tied up in the OL sure hasn't helped the Niners (people are so caught up in all those shiny first round OL picks that they forgot that for the most part, they've been disappointments) and the Rams.

It's better to have a coherent scheme and system than to throw a bunch of first and second round picks at the OL and hope for the best. The reason why our OL collapsed wasn't not investing high picks in it, it was not investing ANYTHING in it, in addition to bad scouting.

Seems to work fine in Houston, and there's only one first round pick on that line...

Seemed to work when all those running backs were running for 1000s of yards without a lot of high round draft picks in Denver.

Don't let a silly things like facts get in the way of your opinion, though...

Seemed to not work fine here last year... 400 total attempts for 1614 yards (25th in the NFL). 8 touchdowns (26th in the NFL). 4.0 yards/attempt (22nd in the NFL). But again, I don't want to further derail this thread, so let's please get back to the issue at hand.

Seemed to not work fine here last year... 400 total attempts for 1614 yards (25th in the NFL). 8 touchdowns (26th in the NFL). 4.0 yards/attempt (22nd in the NFL). But again, I don't want to further derail this thread, so let's please get back to the issue at hand.

Thanks for that. BTW, I am working with DC9 on a solution for a thread that was a great ride but has become very contentious, unwieldy, and relatively ineffective. Stay tuned .:)

anyone see London Fletcher's tweets tonight, he told two people he liked their avators and they both were of him in the Redskin's 59 jersey. Maybe I am reading WAY too much into this, but I kind of took that as a good sign

I'm getting a feeling something will be announced tomarrow.

anyone see London Fletcher's tweets tonight, he told two people he liked their avators and they both were of him in the Redskin's 59 jersey. Maybe I am reading WAY too much into this, but I kind of took that as a good sign

This would be great! I know that us twitter fiends have been making a concerted effort to let him know how much we appreciate him on there. I even made a Walking Dead reference to that effect tonight. :)

Incarcerated Bob‏ @incarceratedbob

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Broncos have WON the Peyton Manning sweepstakes!!! (His decision has been finalized announcement within 48Hrs)

Could get some big signings moving along, if teams were holding back money in hopes of getting Manning...

He is never right. Guy is a hack.

http://nfldraftmonsters.com/news/is-incarceratedbob-a-complete-fraud/

Incarcerated Bob is wrong more often than not. He usually throws **** against the wall and hope it sticks. This is more likely he thinking that Peyton will go to Denver, and so he proclaims it as being true, that way if it becomes true he gets to gloat and claim he scooped everyone.

If he's wrong, and Peyton goes elsewhere, he'll make up some excuse and not acknowledge the fact that he was dead wrong. IncarceratedBob 101.

first week of free agency.

Still plenty of time to make deals.

Frakking chill.

---------- Post added March-18th-2012 at 10:24 PM ----------

Seriously, what the **** is going to be enough for people?

Everyone in their mother knew that the offensive line market was going to be ****ing thin. The Redskins got smacked with a ginormous cap penalty the day before free agency started. What the **** were they supposed to do? Sign ANY lineman? "**** IT ALL, SIGN O-LINE! CAP SPACE AND OTHER NEEDS BE DAMNED!"

Sweet bay Jesus, if one more person complains that we haven't addressed the o-line yet I'm going to losing my mind.

I 110% agree. It's not the 80s anymore...we need more than an oline to make this team work...s***** QBs create s***** lines, good QBs create good lines. Ask Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Tom Brady. No one runs 50 Gut anymore....get over it.

Regarding the o-line, don't we have five new starters since Shanahan took over? I sure don't see a bunch of twiddling thumbs anyway. Bell (if that happens) is another piece to the puzzle.

Our FA plan is pretty obvious, and Bell fits right in. Not too old with good upside, but all of them have fixable problems that make them great value signings. It's apparent we've been forced to find bargain type guys*, but so far the FO seems to being doing a fine job of it. Even if none of these guys pan out, we're not likely to be worse for it**.

* Garçon and Morgan are possible exceptions, but the team knew that the offense, particularly Wr and QB, needed fixing the most. So, they put their resources towards them. I'm assuming RT is the next biggest issue and they're trying to improve/address it.

** you can argue our secondary is worse, but they couldn't work with Laron and weren't happy with Atogwe, so they were forced to do what they could.

Incarcerated Bob is wrong more often than not. He usually throws **** against the wall and hope it sticks. This is more likely he thinking that Peyton will go to Denver, and so he proclaims it as being true, that way if it becomes true he gets to gloat and claim he scooped everyone.

If he's wrong, and Peyton goes elsewhere, he'll make up some excuse and not acknowledge the fact that he was dead wrong. IncarceratedBob 101.

And if you call him out on it, he'll either ignore you or block your twitter account.

Outside of Garcon, no big splash. Some like it, some don't. I think there are a few quality role players still on the market, and those guys will probably be picked up this week.

But really, the thing holding us back from being a bit more aggressive is this salary cap ruling by Goodell's mafia. I'm hoping they appeal it in some way, but it's not like they will add it back to our cap this year - nor would it matter as the players we would have used that cap space on are already gone.

I just really like the way we're managing FA and the selections so far. Yea, suffered a set back with this capgate stuff but all indications are we're sticking to plan.

I also like the fact that we're not in the media outlets "hapless club" basement anymore. Most of them have been reporting good grades on what we've done.

Meanwhile - Miami is the latest writers punching bag.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/03/19/signings/1.html

In the immortal words of Vince Lombardi (sort of), "What the hell's going on down there?!"

In Miami, I mean.

In the last 10 years this franchise has been the most luckless, clueless, hapless club.

Incarcerated Bob‏ @incarceratedbob

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Broncos have WON the Peyton Manning sweepstakes!!! (His decision has been finalized announcement within 48Hrs)

Could get some big signings moving along, if teams were holding back money in hopes of getting Manning...

Just a heads up..he also said that last Wed or Thurs a deal was done with the Broncos and was wrong. FWIW

Archived