Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

READ UPDATE IN OP PLEASE! 2012 Redskins Free Agency Updated Tracker: Garcon, Morgan, Meriweather, Cedric Griffin signed; Carriker and Grossman re-up (OP will be updated w/signings, cuts, trades, etc.)

DC9

I 110% agree. It's not the 80s anymore...we need more than an oline to make this team work...s***** QBs create s***** lines, good QBs create good lines. Ask Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Tom Brady. No one runs 50 Gut anymore....get over it.

There is something to be said about this. With Beck at QB, our line was giving up 5 or 6 sacks a game. With Grossman at QB, our line gave up the 9th fewest sacks in the league. And Grossman doesn't even have good pocket awareness, he's just a lot better than Beck.

But really, the thing holding us back from being a bit more aggressive is this salary cap ruling by Goodell's mafia.

I wonder how many of the players are ****ing about the NFLPA signing off on that too. I hope it gets Smith **** canned.

We all know that the money taken away and given to the other teams isn't getting spent and I'm sure the FA's, already signed and still on the market, would've loved to have the Redskins helping to drive up their prices right now.

Outside of Garcon, no big splash. Some like it, some don't. I think there are a few quality role players still on the market, and those guys will probably be picked up this week.

But really, the thing holding us back from being a bit more aggressive is this salary cap ruling by Goodell's mafia. I'm hoping they appeal it in some way, but it's not like they will add it back to our cap this year - nor would it matter as the players we would have used that cap space on are already gone.

I hate doing the "what if" thing, but the cap ruling really hurt. I suspect it cost the Redskins Eric Winston or possibly even a Robert Meachem. Fletcher may have been signed by now. Who knows the damage going forward even if they got the cap space back next year. The FO is trying to make the best of having the rug pulled from under them. As a minimum, progress has been impeded for the upcoming season.:mad:

Every once in awhile he gets something right, but I'm sure I could too if I just guessed as much as he does
Hes been pretty good this year he reported the Brandon Marshall bears trade way before it happened and he reported Vincent Jackson to the bucs way before anyone. If he hits on Peyton to Denver he's had a pretty good offseason.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

After adding QB Matt Flynn, the Seahawks have scheduled a visit Tuesday for Raiders RB Michael Bush. TE Jacob Tamme also to visit Seattle.

I know there were some Bush fans on the board...

---------- Post added March-19th-2012 at 10:02 AM ----------

Maybe the OP pulled a hammy during his workout and was not able to update... :whoknows:

haha, it must be contagious!

Anywho, I have a good feeling about today. I think a Bell signing may be near!

EDIT: No source... just a feeling/hope...lol

Just a question...

do we have enough cap space to sign London AND RGIII?

I don't think we do without restructuring or axing someone like Hall or Cooley.

With the rookie wage scale, we won't be giving RGIII a contract greater than Cam Newton's last year, which was 4 yrs, 22 mil FULLY guaranteed. Meaning at most, RGIII will count for 5.5 mil against the cap. Totally doable from where we stand.

With the rookie wage scale, we won't be giving RGIII a contract greater than Cam Newton's last year, which was 4 yrs, 22 mil FULLY guaranteed. Meaning at most, RGIII will count for 5.5 mil against the cap. Totally doable from where we stand.

after Grossman.. we probably only have 7 or so left TOTAL. (assuming Grossman is around 2 million) Don't think we are getting London for 2 mil.

Just a question...

do we have enough cap space to sign London AND RGIII?

I don't think we do without restructuring or axing someone like Hall or Cooley.

No one really knows where our cap is.... there have been a couple of rumors about restructures and we're not exactly sure how a lot of our contracts are worded.

That said, there will be plenty of money to sign our draft picks.

For the record I think this guy Brian Barnwell is a doofus who overgeneralizes too much, but here are his thoughts on our signing of Meriweather.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/21019/free-agency-day-3-did-the-bills-overpay-mario-williams

The Redskins continued their march toward their own tails by nabbing Brandon Meriweather with $6 million on a two-year deal. Maybe the NFL took the Redskins' ability to watch game film away, too, because Meriweather's been a disaster over the past two years. As bad as he was in New England, Meriweather's famously poor game against the Lions in October should have sealed his fate as a replacement-level safety. The problem is that Meriweather fancies himself a brilliant freelancer in the vein of Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed, but Meriweather lacks the athleticism of Polamalu and the instincts of Reed, which leads to disastrous decisions and big plays for the opposition. The Redskins will hope that Meriweather can replace the injured and departing LaRon Landry, but history suggests that he'll become the latest symbol of how bad the Redskins are at this whole player-evaluation thing.

Archived