Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

READ UPDATE IN OP PLEASE! 2012 Redskins Free Agency Updated Tracker: Garcon, Morgan, Meriweather, Cedric Griffin signed; Carriker and Grossman re-up (OP will be updated w/signings, cuts, trades, etc.)

DC9

*****UPDATE*****

Okay, so far this thread has been awesome, but I think a lot of us are expecting things to move along as fast as they did last season (during the abreviated FA period). That's just not the case. I love the conversation that's taking place, and I feel that this is essential for some of us to pass the time by.

But... I do need help with one thing! READ THE ORIGINAL POST! I will update it. I promise. I have an hour commute in the morning, and hour and a half commute in the evening, and I work out during my lunch break... other than that.... this thread is always up somewhere. So before you post a "Did we sign Eddie Royal," make sure you visit our old friend, the OP.

I appreciate it.

I do ask for your help with tweets and links, similar to how we did the roster cut thread last season.

Let's get down to business!

Salary Cap:

Starting cap is $17.4 million

Josh Morgans hit for 2012: $1.8 million per rotoworld

Adam Carriker's hit for 2012: $750k per rotoworld

Pierre Garcon's hit for 2012: $2.1 million per rotoworld

Brandon Meriweather hit for 2012: Pending garuntees

Cedric Griffin hit for 2012: $2.5 maximum

Cuts:

Mike Sellers, FB

OJ Atogwe, FS

Signings:

Will Montgomery, C,G

Korey Lichtensteiger, G/C

Fred Davis, TE (Franchise Tag)

Pierre Garcon, WR (per his facebook) - 5 years, 42.7 mil, 21.5 garunteed

Adam Carriker, DE (per JLC) - 4 years, 20 mil. 7 mil garunteed.

Josh Morgan, WR, (per ESPN 980 facebook) - 5 years (voidable after 2) 12 million, 7 mil garunteed

Brandon Merriweather, S (per Adam Schefter) - 2 years, 6 million, waiting on garuntees

Cedric Griffin, CB (per Adam Schefter) - 1 year, 2.5 million, no news on garuntees

Rex Grossman, QB (per ESPN 980) - 1 year, numbers pending

Visits to Redskins park:

We are hosted Cornerback Aaron Ross on Friday, March 16. Cornerback for the Gaints the last several seasons. (left without a contract)

We hosted Offensive Tackle (RT) Demetrius Bell on Friday, March 16 as well. He's 27 years old, and has played with the Bills the last three seasons. (left without a contract)

Trades:

(YES! THIS TRADE WAS RATIFIED BY THE LEAGUE!)

Rams recieve Redskins 2012 1st (6th overall), 2nd; 2013 1st; 2014 1st

Redskins recieve Rams 2012 1st (2nd overall)

(THIS TRADE IS OFFICIALLY, OFFICIAL...OFFICIAL)

Damn dude you make me jealous. I want some hot pockets!

I was thinking the same thing... what kind of hot pockets were they bro>?

Also, resign 59, Carriker.... Winston, VJax, Eddie Royal, Mike Brisiel, Brandon Carr... Bye Bye Jammal Brown, Santana Moss

So we're using the 17 mil?

By the way, thanks for starting this. I love these threads.

I know we have $13 mil in rollover, but I want to wait for one of the cap nerds to confirm that before I put $30 mil up top.

The Redskins are reportedly "working hard" to re-sign free agent DE Adam Carriker.

Patriots beat writers have suggested Carriker could be a target in New England. The 28-year-old graded out as one of the weakest 3-4 run-stoppers among defensive ends last season, according to Pro Football Focus.

Source: John Keim on Twitter

Is the $17mil figure after what we'll spend on our draft picks? I'd assume so and that money is in a separate account.

Great question.

I'm waiting on that answer and whether or not the $17 million includes the $13 million that was rolled over or not. Anyone in the know?

Is Sav Rocca a free agent? He's still on the team, right?

They resigned him last year to an undisclosed contract along with a bunch of other guys. Only guys we have out there for signing are Fletch, Adam C. HT and Landry. Everybody else is either under contract or tendered.

We can't afford to resign Fletcher and Carriker AND sign VJax. It's one or the other.

We can resign Fletcher and Carriker, and go after Winston and Carr though. That could work.

there's always front loading/back loading contracts and guaranteed money... there's always a way

Archived