Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: Why Daniel Snyder should sue the hell out of Roger Goodell and the NFL

themurf

Not to mention how many of this ingrates are supported by revenue brought in by the Redskins and Cowboys!

Really, you think they would have gotten something written into the new agreement that would have protected them from this when they agreed to the new revenue sharing.

Great right up themurf..... Man this issue is getting my blood boiling...... Sue the NFL Dan, sue em good!!!!!!

---------- Post added March-12th-2012 at 10:09 PM ----------

Its been sounding like Dan would like to rebuild a new stadium in DC.............. This lawsuite may work out in our favor, its gonna build us a Jerryworld of our own, but better..........Dannyworld

The Redskins should be exempt from any penalties concerning this matter. Bruce Allen was just cleaning up the mess from his incompetent predecessor. If those contract were not reworked we would probably still be stuck with fat albert. Can't we get an exemption due to vinnie cerrato being retarded.

Who is up for organizing a caravan to head to NYC on draft day?

I want us to boo this crazy idiot Goodell out of Music City Hall right before he says "the Washington Redskins select RG3"

Oh man, I am turning 21 early this April in time for the draft and have already made plans to make it up there for draft weekend with a couple of my buddies. I have been looking forward to this trip for a while. I already planned on booing him before this, now I(we) are going to let him have it.

I actually wanted to see Dan & Jerry pull out of this downward spiraling Mara/Goodell jerkfest (if all this were true) and start another league just to **** these guys.

I hear ya. I'm sure we could find another dozen like-minded profitable franchises that would bail and leave the have-nots to flunder in their inability to turn a buck eventually turning it into a minor league.Then the Giants and Goodell could be like the Larry Holmes and the IBF.

Restoration of our salary cap figure.

But by the time that happened, it wouldn't make a difference. All the free agents are gone and we'd have cut a whole bunch of guys we might have otherwise kept. Either way, we're getting penalized. They'd be suing on principle more than anything.

What would be the legal recompense for this? What would Snyder and Jones hope to gain from legal action?

$36 Million in cap room and Goodall being told to STOP making up rules! This is collusion at its worst, and something needs to be done to stop it, and stop it NOW.

At that point, we'd be suing for draft picks. Which is fine by me - we'd have so much leverage that we could theoretically recoup (at least some of) the picks lost trading for RGIII, for example.

But more than that, it would send a message that the NFL and its teams cannot engage in collusion to manipulate the contract rules of the NFL to the detriment of certain teams.

But by the time that happened, it wouldn't make a difference. All the free agents are gone and we'd have cut a whole bunch of guys we might have otherwise kept. Either way, we're getting penalized. They'd be suing on principle more than anything.
I think we can see from Bruce Allen's statement that we have no intention of complying with these sanctions.

AMEN TK!

This whole thing STINKS to high heaven. It is very interesting that the Giants owner was the head of the committee that decided this, and that the other teams (such as the Bears) who structured similar contracts are not being punished.

Giants have 20 UFA to try and re-sign. Wonder why they did this? (rolls eyes). Any Redskin fan still glad those b****es won the SB again?

The Redskins and Cowboys may be able to file a brief requesting the court to postpone free agency until this matter is resolved. Then they go about making this drag in the courts forcing the League to negotiate rather then dictate.

This was my thinking last night. Problem is can they get a ruling that quickly???? I dunno. It could be the league waited so long to prevent just this from happening.

I think we can see from Bruce Allen's statement that we have no intention of complying with these sanctions.

Ignoring the ruling would be the worst thing they could do. Goddell would just disallow any contracts that put us over our new cap figure and then the situation just escalates into even more mayhem.

I'm willing to pitch in money so Danny Boy and Jerruh can have an arsenal of lawyers that won't even fit in the Supreme Court

Not me. While I'm not poor, I will not go that far. I'm sure those two keep lawyers on a retainer so I don't think that's a problem.

---------- Post added March-13th-2012 at 09:12 AM ----------

What would be the legal recompense for this? What would Snyder and Jones hope to gain from legal action?

They can drop any payment if they would win a case in lue of getting salary cap space back.

Normally I don't ready this board around this time of year because baseball takes up a lot of my posting time, but this is absolute BS. Pretty much everything I would like to say regarding collusion et al has already been said. (Roger Goodell has somehow found a way to make the Redskins and Cowboys join forces.) I'd gladly stand behind Daniel Snyder and Jerry Jones in a lawsuit against the NFL. Someone mentioned getting a court to postphone free agency; more realistically I think they could probably get a court-ordered injunction to lift the punishment until a presumed lawsuit could be settled. I hope that Jones and Snyder pursue this commissioner and his thugs to the full extent of the law.

Regardless of how any of this turns out, the Skins and Boys will place twice in 2012. I wonder if there's anyway that both fan bases could stage some sort of informal protest during both games towards the commissioner. I remember the players from both teams shaking hands at midfield prior to strikes to symbolize solidarity against the NFL, so is it not possible that both fan bases could agree on something to symbolize some sort of protest against Goodell? I wouldn't have an issue with a profane chant of some sort, but that might not be the best way to go about it. My point is that setting aside a specific time (ie-1:50 left in the second quarter so it's right after the 2 minute warning) in both games where both fan bases would do some sort of subtle act to protest Goodell would send a message. Especially with the Redskins getting RGIII, it's probably safe to assume that one of the two Skins/Boys games will be in prime time on national TV as well, so people would take notice. It would be tough to organize but we have time and I'm sure that Extremeskins and their main fan board would be able to combine forces and get the word out.

The NFL's Statement wrote:

The Management Council Executive Committee determined that the contract practices of a small number of clubs during the 2010 league year created an unacceptable risk to future competitive balance, particularly in light of the relatively modest salary cap growth projected for the new agreement's early years. To remedy these effects and preserve competitive balance throughout the league, the parties to the CBA agreed to adjustments to team salary for the 2012 and 2013 seasons. These agreed-upon adjustments were structured in a manner that will not affect the salary cap or player spending on a league-wide basis.

http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-redskins/2012/3/12/2865812/nfl-releases-statement-on-redskins-and-cowboys-punishment

Pretty much closes the case. It's in the CBA therefore, Snyder has no grounds for a lawsuit.

What do you mean there is no grounds for a lawsuit? It was an uncapped year. The NFL Commisioners office approved all the contracts written. How can they approve the contracts and then fine a team a year later? What about all the teams that under spent to save money. Some were below the league minimum for salary cap. No ones crying foul that they have unfair advantage for carrying over extra cap space til next year. Sue em Dan...you'll win for sure...HTTR

I wouldn't want to check my blood pressure right now. I've ****ing livid right now. Like the rest of you, I don't know how in the **** the league can APPROVE those contracts and thenessentially rescind those contracts one and two years later?? It makes no ****ing sense! What makes it even worse is the ****ing timing of this. I hope Danny boy pulls out all litigation stops and sues, sues, SUES the **** out of Goodell, the other owners and the NFLPA. This is one time I am on Danny boy's side.

BTW. I am starting to raise funds for a bounty on Goodell. I want Goodell to be on the sidelines for our home opener and whatever player "accidently" takes him out will receive the bounty. The only stipulation is that BOTH knees must be taken out.

Archived