Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

The Batman
Overall i liked it, I liked Pattinson both as Batman and especially Bruce Wayne. I loved the Penguin, but I think Colin Farrell is great in most anything. I liked the Riddler, he always has been a twerp starved for attention, and this one was good. The plot was good, but they could've shaved 30-40 minutes off and it'd have been better.
About 4 out of 5. Of ALL Batman movies, this one ranked up there pretty highly for me

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 5

My favorite part of The Batman was when the Riddler had his monologue. I've seen Paul Dano in a few movies, but never knew he could play an unhinged individual so so well.

I agree that Collin Ferrell is great in just about anything. He's been a fantastic actor and has some really great movies as well. Such as the last movie I watched:

The Gentlemen on Netflix. These kind of movies are what Guy Ritchie is best at. . This is not as good as Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels nor Snatch, in fact it is a bit below those. But, when I talk about his movies from now on, this will be mentioned. B+

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

My favorite part of The Batman was when the Riddler had his monologue. I've seen Paul Dano in a few movies, but never knew he could play an unhinged individual so so well.

I agree that Collin Ferrell is great in just about anything. He's been a fantastic actor and has some really great movies as well. Such as the last movie I watched:

The Gentlemen on Netflix. These kind of movies are what Guy Ritchie is best at. . This is not as good as Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels nor Snatch, in fact it is a bit below those. But, when I talk about his movies from now on, this will be mentioned. B+

He straight up STOLE The Gentlemen. I loved it.

~Bang

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Watched Uncharted last night and was pleasantly surprised.  I am a huge fan of the video games and I thought the casting was just terrible for the 2 main characters.

But within like 30 minutes or so I thought both Tom Holland and Marky Mark were great and were carrying a lot of the charm from the game characters.

Going into it with negative expectations, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.  It's just a fun popcorn flick.  It didn't stick to any of the game stories directly and went on it's own way, but it did capture the spirit of the game a bit and the characters were done justice, even if the age of them not matching the age of the game characters.  

• Like 1

I've never thought of Colin Farrell as a fine actor so hit me with some recommendations.  I've seen that SWAT movie so many times that whenever I see him I think of him ****ing around with LL Cool J and Michelle Rodriguez.  

I will say he was great as Penguin...a good answer to Heath Ledger's Joker in the sense of "holy ****, I'd never guessed Farrell/Ledger was playing Penguin/Joker"

12 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I've never thought of Colin Farrell as a fine actor so hit me with some recommendations.  I've seen that SWAT movie so many times that whenever I see him I think of him ****ing around with LL Cool J and Michelle Rodriguez.  

I will say he was great as Penguin...a good answer to Heath Ledger's Joker in the sense of "holy ****, I'd never guessed Farrell/Ledger was playing Penguin/Joker"

Two of my favorites of his. I imagine these weren’t huge movies. I know one person the watched In Bruges and no one that watched The Way Back, even though I have recommended it a many many times?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg.366a64e818b4d8960db23aad8dafa841.jpeg

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 1

Definitely check Farrell in The Gentlemen, In Bruges, Seven Psychopaths, Hart's War, and Phone Booth.

Last night i watched "Operation Mincemeat".. a spy drama of world war II centering around the mission to float a dead body with a briefcase onto a Spanish shore and try to deceive the Nazis about where the landings would take place in Europe.

Not bad. 

~Bang

"Licorice Pizza" - Tarentino-esque and a fun story, but for some reason I felt like it lacked the punch and impact of Pulp Fiction.  Unfair to compare it to Pulp Fiction, but I would give it a B+ -- acting was great. 

"Blue Bayou" - well told story, also impactful acting.  B+... 

Saw “One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Next” for the very first time. Good movie. But I don’t know if I missed something, but I didn’t think Nurse Ratched was nearly as evil as been said. Her character was the main reason I caught it on HBO Max. Cold? Yes. One of the most evil characters in cinema history? I just didn’t see it. 

Edited by No Nonsense

On 5/15/2022 at 4:07 PM, Bang said:

The Batman
Overall i liked it, I liked Pattinson both as Batman and especially Bruce Wayne. I loved the Penguin, but I think Colin Farrell is great in most anything. I liked the Riddler, he always has been a twerp starved for attention, and this one was good. The plot was good, but they could've shaved 30-40 minutes off and it'd have been better.
About 4 out of 5. Of ALL Batman movies, this one ranked up there pretty highly for me

~Bang

On 5/15/2022 at 5:42 PM, Bang said:

He straight up STOLE The Gentlemen. I loved it.

~Bang

I basically echoed this and got **** for it...........It's ok though, it was probably the best Batman  movie of all time imo.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Can't remember if I posted this, but just watched it again...this is the movie version of a nightmare I've literally had throughout the years:

This was not disturbing in the least and about 8 minutes too long.

Wish I could get my 9 minutes back.

2 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

You've never had the nightmare, I take it...

Nope.

Regardless, it is just a boring 9 minute video of nothing really happening and is not disturbing at all.

(not your words about disturbing - it's in the video title)

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

Nope.

Regardless, it is just a boring 9 minute video of nothing really happening and is not disturbing at all.

(not your words about disturbing - it's in the video title)

If you've "experienced" this in the form of a nightmare, it's nowhere near boring (well, a number of people in the comments don't think it is, either, and I assume they didn't all have the nightmare lol). I've had a number of dreams where I'm on the edge of a slope trying to keep myself from sliding off, with every move I make only making me slip closer to the edge...it's some heart-pounding **** to go through even if just in your mind.