Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Death of Stalin (thanks for the recommendation guys): B. Flirts with greatness. How could a movie with Buscmei, Tambor, Issacs and Palin not be great? You could have

let them improvise and it still would have worked. Doesn't really deliver the goods, however, when all is said and done, it lacked a certain oomph.

Still, worth watching for Buscmei and especially for Jason Issacs, who steals every scene he's in. 

Shazam

It's fine, I saw it once dont care if I ever see it again.  It's cute and sweet, but I generally dont want my superhero movies to be cute.  I think they nailed what they were going for, but it just wasnt my cup of tea.  I like a bit more badassery from my superheroes.  Shazam had none of that.  

Edited by justice98

Shazam was an enjoyable movie to watch.  Definitely more geared towards kids though.  I knew nothing about character going in so some of the story elements lost me.  I liked the way they tied it into the DCEU (if that's still a thing).   

Finally saw Aquaman.  That is undoubtedly the best piece of **** I've seen in quite a while (maybe since The Fifth Element).  It is totally committed to its silly, ****ty story and happily goes off the deep end with ruthless zeal.  It has everything, including Willem Dafoe with a man bun.  Solid.

Gotta be the best stoner flick of the decade.  Can't believe how much I enjoyed it.  (3/4)  

• Haha 5

Saw, "The Best of Enemies" based on the true story about school integration in Durham, NC back in 1971.  Something called a charette was used to get the citizens to reach an agreement on school integration.  Main characters was a civil rights activist Ann Waters and the one time local president of the KKK CP Ellis. 

Some didn't like it, felt it simplfied what really happened.   I thought they got the gist of the story and enjoyed it. I'll give it an A+.

Also, Saw "HellBoy".  It was just okay.  The guy playing Hellboy was alright but finishing the original series with a third movie; would've been better.  The movie was so-so at first. Clearly inferior to the 2 originals with Ron Perlman.  I'll give it a C-.  

Aquaman: D. Thor Ragnarok under water. Only thing that prevented this from being an F is that goddess Amber Heard in her skin-tight aquamarine wetsuit :D

Vice: C+. Bale is great and Carell is hilarious, but then it slowly degenerates into another agonizingly long and dreary bio-pic. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Can I ask why?

I'm a big MCU fan, so expectation were high and they were met.  It was everything I wanted/needed it to be as a fan of the MCU.  Had the action I wanted, had the drama and emotional moments I wanted, had the character interactions I wanted.  And they were all entertaining to me.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bumblebee was awesome...but it also infuriated me because we could have been getting good Transformer movies all along. That said, the movie could have been better with less Cena in it. Don't get me wrong, I like the dude but his character made no sense. 

FU Michael Bay.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2

A Star Is Born. Finally got around to seeing it. Loved it. You really can't take your eyes off Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper has a screen presence in this movie that I don't think I've ever seen from him before. He's terrific as Jackson Maine. They have great chemistry together right from the very beginning. 

Just a beautiful movie. Very well done. 

• Like 2

On 4/15/2019 at 8:48 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

No way. Infinity War is a hundred times better than Civil War. That movie sucks imo. 

Like you said, you and I CANNOT be friends. Civil War is one of the better blockbusters I've ever seen. It crushes Infinity War. 

Infinity War was terrible.  It is made for the ADD generation and was all over the place with no cohesion until WOW, all of a sudden everyone is together!  I agree about Winter Soldier - that movie completely caught me off guard as to how much I liked it.  I'm not a Marvel mark anymore though and can't stand comic book movies anymore, they completely have oversaturated the market with them.

I also agree about Bumblbee.  That movie was fantastic.  It was clearly geared more in a 'kiddy' manner but I was okay with that and just all around enjoyed the **** out of it.  I agree too that after seeing that it makes you think about how good earlier movies could have been if done in that fashion.  It also makes me want a Transformers movie that takes place in Cybertron or space and focuses on the Transformers and not humans.  Those scenes in the movie were great.

The Silence - 4/10 - snooze fest that I was hoping would be better but A Quiet Place is much better than this movie.  The little creatures were pretty cool though.  The acting was so bad in a lot of it though and just all around the plot was silly and not much happened, with some huge cliches.  The saving grace was it was only 90 minutes long.

Spiderman Into the Spider Verse: B+. Gorgeous, slick movie with superb soundtrack and a host of interesting characters (particularly "Peter B Parker" lol)

There are just too many moments of agonizing Disney sentimentality ("I love you Dad!" "I love you soon Son!") that mess with the pacing. Otherwise

a really beautifully animated film.

LA Confidential: A. 90s Classic, right up there with Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. A young Russell Crowe, Guy Pearce, Kevin Spacey and Kim Basinger

earn their stripes in this one. 

• Like 1