Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

We watched Frozen tonight.

The first 2/3rds of the film were pretty good, though the pop-ish music made it felt more like Glee or something instead of the older Disney cartoons. The final 1/3rd was somewhat of a letdown. The quality was just a good, but there were so many different ways they could have taken the story without falling into the normal "princess" cartoon plot devices.

Watched 2 movies over the weekend.

Noah - absolutely putrid! Friggin horrible. How is it possible to make a bad movie with Russell Crowe Anthony Hopkins and Jennifer Connelley?

I also watched La Vie d'Adele at home. I liked it, but not for everyone. Lots of graphic lesbian sex scenes. I guess it was a French lesbian version of Brokeback with a hot chick.

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Absolutely hilarious. Old school humor with a modern twist. Very original and highly recommended.

It has that Wes Anderson, "quirky for sake of being quirky", but it works very well and Ralph Fiennes is brilliant!

Damn, i just watched the trailer for it the other day. I had no idea it was out. Will have to check it out.

I just bought Children of Men

...and A Simple Plan. Have yet to watch them.

I thought Children of Men was a great movie. Simple Plan is pretty good, but the British movie it's based on Shallow Grave was much better -way more twisted.

Jeez you have some productive siblings.

I had 23 when I was his age! Probably why I never wanted kids.

• Like 1

We watched Frozen tonight.

The first 2/3rds of the film were pretty good, though the pop-ish music made it felt more like Glee or something instead of the older Disney cartoons. The final 1/3rd was somewhat of a letdown. The quality was just a good, but there were so many different ways they could have taken the story without falling into the normal "princess" cartoon plot devices.

I thought it was the last 1/3 that got the chuckleheads on the right up in arms about it being lesbian propoganda?

Great movie though.

12 years a slave. very good movie. a few scenes were very difficult to watch. half the people in the theater were crying when the lights came on.

I just watched it.  Made sure to watch it by myself because of this.  Not going to lie, I had to stop it several times because it made me tear up.  It's devastating.

• Like 1

300 2. Good action and I like the bloody style of the action. Script was crap, which is to be expected, and the Spartans weren't really that significant in the movie. Eva Green looked fantastic, which is a plus. It's mind candy and fun.

The Legend of Hercules. Laughably bad. Special effects and acting were maybe a touch above what you'd expect from a syfy original.

300 2. Good action and I like the bloody style of the action. Script was crap, which is to be expected, and the Spartans weren't really that significant in the movie. Eva Green looked fantastic, which is a plus. It's mind candy and fun.

The Legend of Hercules. Laughably bad. Special effects and acting were maybe a touch above what you'd expect from a syfy original.

I'm at the point now where anytime I see some mythical tale CGI'd up the ass, I think automatic failure. I'll be honest... No one has any excuse to ever see any movie like that at the theatre unless they're on a date, and they know they're getting some.

Yay, lets go see this movie about some boy with magical powers who hurls laserbeams at 300 ft tall monsters. Why? because its not like that same plotline hasn't been done eleventy bllion times in 3-D over the last 5 years

Just finished watching Hyde Park on Hudson.

It was ok. Not great, not bad. There are better films out there in regards to the central figures - my wife kept comparing the depiction of George and Elizabeth to that in The King's Speech. And historical accuracy is...well..ahem...questionable. However, as a period piece it did well, and Bill Murray was great as FDR.

American Hustle.  Slow, overrated Goodfellas knock-off.  It's just OK.

Ah man, I couldn't disagree more.  I don't think it's a Goodfellas knock-off.  IMO it was better than Goodfellas.  Better written, better performances.  Less stylized and more authentic.  David O Russell is a better screenwriter and director than Scorsese, who I think is truly overrated.  Christian Bale and Jennifer Lawrence and Jeremy Renner are really fine actors that have given amazing performances in the past, and I still thought this movie involved some of their absolute best work.

As I said before, I rarely go to the movies. I wait until they are on DTV free preview weekends, so I watch slot of movies from last year. Four recent I saw:

White House down- what it is. Lots of action

Grown ups 2- not as good as the first, but I chuckled some

Ironman 3- re watched. Watched on a flight to Peru, but was interrupted and couldn't hear much

This is the end- meh.

I have the following recorded:

The great gatsby

Man of steel

The internship

Jack the giant slayer

The heat

The hangover 3

I have the following recorded:

The great gatsby

Man of steel

The internship

Jack the giant slayer

The heat

The hangover 3

Looks like you did a DirecTV dump LOL.  All those films were on this weekend.  ;)  B)

Ah man, I couldn't disagree more.  I don't think it's a Goodfellas knock-off.  IMO it was better than Goodfellas.  Better written, better performances.  Less stylized and more authentic.  David O Russell is a better screenwriter and director than Scorsese, who I think is truly overrated.  Christian Bale and Jennifer Lawrence and Jeremy Renner are really fine actors that have given amazing performances in the past, and I still thought this movie involved some of their absolute best work.

Stop taking crazy pills, bro.

Saw Muppets Most Wanted in the theater on Sat night. 

Fun Muppets movie..that was a letdown from the previous one. It just didn't have the heart..but I'd still watch it again, cause..its the Muppets, duh.

Watched Gravity on Friday night..what an awesome and amazing adventure. Some fantastic cinematography too.

ES admin closed the "Official Movie Trailer Thread," so I don't know where else to put this.

I just watched the trailer for a new Matthew McConaughey flick called "Interstellar."  The trailer doesn't give you much at all, but for some reason it feels awesome.  Then, like an idiot, I IMDB'd the film and read the synopsis.  it sounds ****ing epic.  The type of movie that gives you goosebumps when the credits roll.  I feel "Interstellar" is going to be a game changer, Oscar noms galore.  I honestly can't explain why I'm so hyped for this film, but this is now my #1 movie to see for 2014.

For now, release date is November 2014.  Cast is pretty damn impressive too, Matthew Mac, Jessica Chastain, Anne Hathaway, Michael Cain, John Lithgow, Matt Damon, Casey Affleck.

:o

interstaller-movie-hd-wallpapers-poster-

Edited by Chew
  • Like 2