Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com: Peyton Manning medically cleared to resume NFL career (multi-merged---see the latest Manning rumors/"me too" articles here)

mzkp54

Donovan I'm not really mad at you dude but let's not even barely group you and Peyton together haha. Just because you're both 'old' and both worked with one offense forever doesn't make you anything alike. Nobody wanted you. Nearly anyone will want a healthy Peyton.

Take this with a grain of salt:

Mort has zero doubt that this is Manning or that the video is anything but accurate.

Chris Mortensen*‏*@mortreport Brief amateur video of Peyton Manning throwing at Duke today has surfaced.*youtu.be/GOVAiFAmLc4*@SportsCenter*&*ESPN.comshortly

RT*@Bscott4293: I thought Peyton Manning was in Miami >> Verified he's been at Duke since Tuesday. Was spotted at local restaurant 2nite

RT*@garciagolf18: y would he be at duke ? >> 2nd time he's been there. Former UT OC David Cutcliffe is Duke HC. Interesting he meant to say interesting Manning in helmet/shoulder pads. It'd be nice to see better quality video but take what we can get.

RT*@Stewie7821: does it look like Manning is ready to play from that video? ">> I've heard this video doesn't do justice & only March

RT*@Ross_Wheatley: is it normal that Peyton has access to his Colts practice gear? >> Why wouldn't he? He's a Colt.

Take this with a grain of salt:

The first throw alone shows me Peyton will be ready to go. Give him another couple of months of rehab before OTA, and he will show up DTF.

I think if you are the Redskins and you aren't seriously considering Peyton, you are out of your mind.

Hail.

Look at the video again. Manning has an unmistakable throwing motion. That's Peyton.

Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Does scare me though. First thing I said when I saw that first throw was "Holy **** that looked good..." and I'm trying to remain steadfast in my opinion that Manning to the Redskins would be a bad thing. Don't need him goin' out and throwing the football all good and ****, lookin' like a world beater again.

Friggin' jerk...

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120303/SPORTS03/203030336/Manning-s-arm-looks-fine-says-his-father

Manning's arm 'looks fine,' says his father

Archie Manning says No. 18 expects to be ready for start of season

As a concerned father and former NFL standout quarterback, Archie Manning likes what he has seen from the middle of his three sons.

Peyton Manning, he revealed, is throwing the football with no setbacks and expects to be ready for the start of the 2012 season.

"What I've seen, he certainly looks fine as far as throwing and velocity on the ball," Archie said during a Friday news conference for the Maxwell Award in Atlantic City, N.J. "I did see him a couple of weeks ago; he was in New Orleans. I saw him throw and he looked like Peyton.

"He hasn't had any setbacks throwing. He's been throwing for two months and has four or five (months) to go before the season starts."

However, a Thursday deadline looms by which time Peyton's future with the Indianapolis Colts will be determined.

If owner Jim Irsay opts not to pay a $28 million option bonus or Peyton declines a restructured, incentive-laden contract that takes into account the uncertainty of his recovery from neck/arm issues, the NFL's only four-time MVP becomes an unrestricted free agent. A decision could come early next week.

Archie emphasized Peyton and Irsay share a "special relationship" and "they always will."

"I think Peyton is just getting through this day-to-day," Archie said. "All Peyton knows to do is work. He understands the whole situation, and I think he knows all he can do is get his health back. He wants to play some more football and will be ready to play.''

The biggest hurdle was cleared in early February when Dr. Robert Watkins, who performed the Sept. 8 single-level, anterior fusion surgery, cleared Peyton to return to the playing field. It was his fourth neck procedure in 19 months.

"The good news as a parent is when the doctors cleared him,'' Archie said. "The fusion was successful . . . he hasn't had any setbacks and is throwing."

The father's assessment represented a rare on-the-record update of Peyton's on-going rehabilitation. Peyton has been on an aggressive throwing regimen since early January and bounced his workouts from the Colts' West 56th Street complex to Duke University to undisclosed locations in South Florida and New Orleans.

Recent reports, citing unnamed sources, indicate Peyton is regaining the strength in his right triceps and is on track to return to the playing field.

Neither Peyton nor agent Tom Condon could be reached for comment. Attempts to reach Irsay also were unsuccessful.

Friday could have represented an especially awkward occasion for Archie Manning and the 75th winner of the Maxwell Award, presented to the nation's top college player: Andrew Luck. The Colts are expected to use the first overall pick in the April draft on the Stanford quarterback, whether Manning returns or not.

"There's not going to be any trouble between the Lucks and the Mannings," Archie said. "They feel just like I do. This thing'll work out."

Oliver Luck, Andrew's father and a former NFL QB, and Archie were teammates with the Houston Oilers. Andrew Luck attended the Manning Passing Academy in Louisiana as a youngster and has served as a counselor the past two summers.

At last week's NFL Scouting Combine, Andrew Luck said, "Peyton was my hero growing up. He was my football hero."

He added Friday, "As for the rumors and things, I don't pay attention to any of that. I understand people are going to speculate and talk, but I honestly only care about what my family and close friends are saying."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7640741/indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-throws-duke-university-workout-source-says

Indianapolis quarterback Peyton Manning took another positive step forward in his recovery from neck surgery on Friday, conducting an aggressive throwing session in his Colts helmet, shoulder pads and jersey at Duke University, a source in attendance told ESPN.

Manning can be seen in a video clip posted late Friday on YouTube, independently verified as authentic, making apparent encouraging progress in his recovery from the surgery that sidelined him for all of last season. The session comes as a Thursday deadline approaches for the Colts' decision to exercise their $28 million option on Manning.

Manning can be seen completing passes in the video posted by a user who had access to a videotaped portion of the session near the Duke practice field.

Sources at Duke and close to Manning confirm he has been conducting aggressive throwing sessions in shoulder pads and helmet since Tuesday at Duke, where his former University of Tennessee offensive coordinator David Cutcliffe is now the head coach. It is Manning's second trip to work under the supervision of Cutcliffe.

Among those who have joined Manning in Durham, N.C., include Colts teammates Dallas Clark and Austin Collie, as well as former teammate Brandon Stokley, sources said.

Manning was spotted at a local Durham restaurant Friday evening signing autographs during dinner, a source said.

Manning has increased his throwing regimen as Colts owner Jim Irsay contemplates a decision on whether to exercise the option. Manning and Irsay also have had conversations about the veteran quarterback continuing his career as a Colt, even though it is likely the team is set to use the No. 1 overall draft pick on former Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck or former Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III in April.

Several sources have told ESPN during the past month that Manning's throwing strength has dramatically improved as his nerves continue to regenerate following his latest neck surgery Sept. 8. Dr. Robert Watkins, who performed the single-level cervical fusion, has stated publicly that he has cleared Manning to resume his playing career.

Irsay has stated Manning still needs to pass a team physical even though sources have said that Colts neurosurgeon Dr. Hank Feuer has also told Manning it would be safe to resume his career.

Chris Mortensen is ESPN's senior NFL analyst.

Hmmmm, okay it is Peyton and he is looking good. That is great news for the Redskins and any plans they have.

I think Irsay is between a rock and a hard place but with a good or great outcome. What should he do? Only time will say if he chooses correctly.

Manning to visit Houston:

Omar Kelly ‏ @OmarKelly Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Peyton Manning to visit Houston now!!!! Manning is turning into quite the home wrecker. Wonder how quickly Matt... sulia.com/c/nfl-free-age…

If he goes to the Texans, they are my favorite to win the Super Bowl.

Manning would face the colts twice a year... haha the ultimate revenge would be winning a SB in the Colt's division. If Houston adapts their offense to Manning (and he returns 100% healthy), they could be lethal. Wow.

Also realized if HOU does this, they will release Schaub.... Skins could sign him to start, RG3 can learn on bench a la Aaron Rogers.

Manning to visit Houston:

Omar Kelly ‏ @OmarKelly Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Peyton Manning to visit Houston now!!!! Manning is turning into quite the home wrecker. Wonder how quickly Matt... sulia.com/c/nfl-free-age…

If he goes to the Texans, they are my favorite to win the Super Bowl.

Archived