Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things North Korea Thread

@DCGoldPants

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

It's great how the conservative pundits hated the Iran deal, but THIS deal is awesome.  smh.

Which deal is tough and awesome, which is not:

Scenario 1:

Country pledges never to develop nuclear weapons.

Plutonium reactor is filled with concrete, rendering it permanently inoperable.

Weapons grade plutonium stocks surrendered

24 video surveillance of all mines, reactors, and research facilities

Full unfettered access to IAEA inspectors on demand/ at any time.

Even the harshest critics of the deal admit there has been full compliance/no cheating, but the US still leaves several sanctions in place (we essentially cheat) to wring further concessions.

Scenario 2

Country makes a vague promise to denuclearize...the same promise they have been making since 1994 and cheated on.

Their leader shakes hands with the President and smiles.

All sanctions are dropped, and the US cancels military exercises.

Well? Does VeryOld School an opinion perhaps? Bueller?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bang said:

They know their audience won't question a single lie.

Even one as big as that.

~Bang

Yup. When there's zero consequences for lying and you know the people you want to believe it absolutely will without question, then why not tell tons of lies? (Besides that it is not a very moral or ethical thing to do, but I think at this point with the current GOP we're way beyond any notion of "morals" or "ethics")

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:
How dare the media ask such a thing?!

McDeere (@McDeereUSA) Tweeted:
@chrislhayes @peterbakernyt Full exchange here:

https://t.co/WHi8lHCeus

It's almost like Pompeo catches himself being an ass on a perfectly legitimate question, proceeds to try and politely bull**** his way out of answering, and when the reporter is like "yeah but specifics?" Pompeo goes in on the "y'all fake news" angle.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

McDeere (@McDeereUSA) Tweeted:
@chrislhayes @peterbakernyt Full exchange here:

https://t.co/WHi8lHCeus

It's almost like Pompeo catches himself being an ass on a perfectly legitimate question, proceeds to try and politely bull**** his way out of answering, and when the reporter is like "yeah but specifics?" Pompeo goes in on the "y'all fake news" angle.

its true.... the administration folks realize that really don't even have to TRY anymore.    since they have managed to successfully train the dolts that support them to believe that ALL news sources other than their personal Pravda are "fake news.... they really don;t even have to try to maintain the facade anymore.... with full confidence that nothing that can harm them will possibly make it to any venue that can harm them.

watching this administration's interactions with the press really really is like the live action version of Squealer the Pig painting the rules on the barnyard door in Animal Farm.   

So Pompeo makes up a bunch of complete garbage lies about how verification is in the document somehow by default (I absolutely 100% guarantee that NK would not agree), gets all pissy about an absolutely reasonably question regarding specifics for that, and then can't seem to answer said reasonable question and gets more pissy and insulting.

Yep, definitely a Trump appointee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

So Pompeo makes up a bunch of complete garbage lies about how verification is in the document somehow by default (I absolutely 100% guarantee that NK would not agree), gets all pissy about an absolutely reasonably question regarding specifics for that, and then can't seem to answer said reasonable question and gets more pissy and insulting.

Yep, definitely a Trump appointee.

Thanks, Senators....

Yep, this is where we are at this point, folks. We now have a President of the United States of America not just defending and rationalizing a dictator who systematically subjugates and executes his people, throws tens of thousands of families into concentration camps to die, murders anyone who he feels might challenge him, executes his own family members...he is also praising him effusively over and over.

His entire response to Bair was basically "Hey, you do what you gotta do". This is the same guy who talked about how brutal and awful the NK regime was during his SOTU address. 

This is an utterly amoral person. I truly believe that if he thought he could get away with it he would have dissenters and rivals executed without a second thought. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Are we supposed to be taking him literally or seriously? Either way it's disgusting that the freaking President is rationalizing a guy who is enslaving and executing his own people.

Hey hes a great guy chill out

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Are we supposed to be taking him literally or seriously? Either way it's disgusting that the freaking President is rationalizing a guy who is enslaving and executing his own people.

Yes, we're past this being a pattern.

Yeah, well y'see, John, you're also not supposed to bend over a table, slap your rear, and act like an ignorant slut either.

"Oooooh Chairman Un, make me end wargames.  I've been a naughty wanna-be authoritarian, ooooh.  Take my phone so I can't call the South Koreans before promising things on their behalf, because I've been a baaaaaad wittle President."

- Trump, probably.

• Like 2