Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things North Korea Thread

@DCGoldPants

Diplomacy is good, giving away long-sought-after bargaining chips for the same  old promises is bad.  

Is is it better to get punched in the face or kicked in the groin?  Or is it better still to have neither happen?

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

To my understanding, Trump has agreed to

end war games

end sanctions

host Kim Jong Un in the White House

Have the Secretary of State meet with a North Korean official as soon as possible to continue talks

In return for the same nebulous promise that North Korea has made since 1992 without timelines, oversight, or any method of verification.

Kind of makes you miss the Iran Nuclear deal, don't it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Well that was a neat 12 hours.

So we back to war then?  Or what?

I'll tell you one thing, Bolton is sporting a rock solid hard-on right now (all two-and-a-half inches).  He gets to bomb foreigners AND tell people "I told you so."

Hey so this sounds like NK is acting in bad faith and changing the deal, adding sanctions and that the US must move towards denuclearization before NK will move towards it.

If only we could confirm it was in bad faith by consulting transcripts of the meeting or notes that were taken at it or something.

If ****ING only...

• Like 1

Other things that make me feel safe:
A convention of serial killers at the Holiday Inn down the street.

Meth crazed shotgun wielding maniacs inside my house.

Being raped by a bear 

Sending my kids off with Father Feely on a weekend to Camp Don't Tell

Coating my dick with hamburger and sitting on a piranha tank

Kim Jong Un's promises

and of course. Donald J. Trump's ability to negotiate world peace.

~Maga, god dammit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

Hey so this sounds like NK is acting in bad faith and changing the deal, adding sanctions and that the US must move towards denuclearization before NK will move towards it.

Looking forward to Trump loudly condemning heads of state leaving a meeting, going in front of a camera, and changing what was agreed in the meeting.  

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

If only we could confirm it was in bad faith by consulting transcripts of the meeting or notes that were taken at it or something.

Pointing out that the lack of press or notes also makes it impossible for us to find out that Trump actually did agree to those things.  (He just didn't realize it, when he said it.)  

9 minutes ago, Larry said:

Pointing out that the lack of press or notes also makes it impossible for us to find out that Trump actually did agree to those things.  (He just didn't realize it, when he said it.)  

It's almost as if not prepping for a meeting, having no respect for the limits on the power of the office, and being a fat dementia ridden narcissicist is not a good combination of factors for negotiating with a dictator with nukes.

Or something.

3 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Nuclear crisis averted. No need for this thread anymore.

"Just spoke to an addict. He promised he would get clean for real this time and not do drugs anymore. Opioid Crisis now fixed. Everyone can thank me and feel much safer. Now off to huff paint and masturbate to Fox and Friends."

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, NoCalMike said:

It's great how the conservative pundits hated the Iran deal, but THIS deal is awesome.  smh.

Is there a deal?  And are they saying it's awesome?  

I also wanted to ask:  I remember that the Iran deal supposedly specified that inspectors were allowed into their enrichment facilities, to verify that they did not enrich anything beyond the point of "1 year away from weapons grade". 

Did that happen?  Were inspectors allowed in, and did they verify that?  Cause I would have expected that to be huge news, if it happened. (Heck, I would have expected Obama to brag about it). But I don't remember reading that it happened. 

‘I didn't create a nuclear war or get millions of South Koreans killed yet, like I was threatening too!  Why aren’t the media bowing down and worshiping me?  That makes them our greatest enemy, (not Russia, or terrorists, or anyone else) because they won’t publicly fellatiate me!’

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

It's great how the conservative pundits hated the Iran deal, but THIS deal is awesome.  smh.

Here is how diplomatic scholars (across the conservative to liberal spectrum) viewed the kim-trump summit.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2018/06/12/around-the-halls-brookings-experts-react-to-the-trump-kim-jong-un-summit-in-singapore/?utm_campaign=Brookings Brief&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=63710042

but... they are all "establishment types"    (eg, swamp fluid to be drained, i assume?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Did that happen?  Were inspectors allowed in, and did they verify that?  Cause I would have expected that to be huge news, if it happened. (Heck, I would have expected Obama to brag about it). But I don't remember reading that it happened. 

You would have expected Obama to brag about it? Really......?  I see Trump has retroactively normalized his traits.

• Like 1