Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things North Korea Thread

@DCGoldPants

On 6/28/2018 at 4:29 PM, visionary said:

Just saw this -  not sure what the actual context of the claim is after reading the Huffington post story but 200 sounds about right  but his is over many years. Back in the 90s a friend of mine was in unit based in Hawaii that sent teams on recovery missions  and she was telling me the particulars of how the n Koreans treated/interacted with the teams that were sent there - it wasn't a pleasant mission.  So looks like the Huffington post is off here.

57 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Just saw this -  not sure what the actual context of the claim is after reading the Huffington post story but 200 sounds about right  but his is over many years. Back in the 90s a friend of mine was in unit based in Hawaii that sent teams on recovery missions  and she was telling me the particulars of how the n Koreans treated/interacted with the teams that were sent there - it wasn't a pleasant mission.  So looks like the Huffington post is off here.

Really?

http://www.newsweek.com/north-korea-still-has-not-returned-us-soldiers-remains-says-pompeo-1000928

Around 7,700 U.S. soldiers remain unaccounted for from the conflict, the majority of whom are presumed dead in North Korea. As the U.S. military moved 100 wooden coffins to the border between North and South Korea in preparation last week, Trump told a rally in Minnesota: “We got back our great fallen heroes, the remains, in fact today already 200 have been sent back.”

“I am optimistic that we will begin to have two opportunities: One is to receive some remains in the not-too-distant future, but then there is a great deal of work with companies like the one you described, nonprofits,” Pompeo said. Asked if this meant that the U.S. had in fact not yet received the remains, Pompeo confirmed that was correct. “We have not yet physically received them,” he said.

7 hours ago, visionary said:

Looks like he is claiming the 200 or so that have been recovered over the years. Which is disingenuous (Par for course) to be sure just saying Huffington Post is also being a bit disingenuous  by claiming none have been recovered.  

• Like 1

As far as I can tell he was bragging that we’ve received 200 bodies since his meeting with Kim Jung Un.  Can you show me where  you are getting this alternative interpretation?

That said.  It's not a big deal to me if he is just confused or blatantly lying anyway.  I mean I wish it was, but he's done worse and will continue to do so....:(

Edited by visionary