Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things North Korea Thread

@DCGoldPants

10 minutes ago, zoony said:

Im suggesting that the vast majority of media and liberals are hoping for a disaster, and looking for anything negative they possibly can.  Because they are all hysterical *******.

All of us should be weary of NKs intentions, and I personally do not trust them a bit.  But reading some of these chicken **** comments about the summit are disgusting.  Especially when they dont want to credit basic negotiating skills and diplomacy.  Any comment about legitimizing the regime should have been shared prior to the summit.  Otherwise, drink a tall glass of stfu

I mean, I guess everyone was hoping trump would throw a baby fit during the meeting acting like a straight up little girl and make things worse?  We wouldnt want to `legitimize` illegal regimes of course

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/05/barack-obama-and-vladimir-putin-hold-blunt-meeting-at-g20/

Im not sure how we move forward in good faith

But, communication is never a bad thing

Remember when Obama stated he would meet with any of America’s enemies and was absolutely blasted by everyone on the right? I do. 

Do basic negotiating skills include inviting brutal dictators to the White House and giving away concessions while getting nothing in return? (See moving the embassy to Jerusalem as an example of how Trump does this piss poor negotiating)

Well, Kim got what he wanted. Im still not exactly sure what it is we hope to gain from this but I hope Kim is as bad a negotiator as Trump seems to think he is. 

2 minutes ago, DaGoonie55 said:

Can we keep this on topic and not attack each other? Thanks. 

Absolutely not. 

9 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

They were. Extensively. 

For decades, the US has had a long list of preconditions that needed to be met before agreeing to meet with NK leaders. Trump got nothing, balled up that list of preconditions and tossed it in the corner for his document taper to repair, and proceeded to fellate a brutal dictator in front of the entire world while achieving next to *nothing*. 

Trump’s Tennessee trailer park base won’t see anything wrong with this but the summit was an utter embarrassment. 

@zoony

And not just now/recently.  Obama as a candidate, rightfully, took heavy criticism for his comments about meeting with dictators, like Un, without pre-conditions.

Edited by PeterMP

5 minutes ago, DaGoonie55 said:

I can’t get my head wrapped around why Un is so in love with Trump.  Maybe it took the anti-president to get through to the man child.  

What's there not to love? Kim has figured out how to play Trump. His status is increased and he didn't have to do anything. Heck maybe he'll get the US to leave by promising a Trump Tower Pyongyang.

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Immigrants are animals but this guy who tortures and murders his own people is "very talented".

WHAT THE ****?!?!?!?!

Read the whole statement about rapists and murderers, not what CNN covered.

And for for what it’s worth, it doesn’t take talent to be a dictator.  Trump did not choose his words wisely.   

7 hours ago, visionary said:

Y'know,, if i were some blowhard looking for any reason at all to make POTUS look bad, i'd point out how he appears to be bowing, or at least in deference to Un.

In Trumps ridiculous alpha male symbolism world, and with the supporters response to their strong daddy-figure..  this photo has to hurt. Un with literally the upper hand, Trump's head down, shoulders hunched, looking up.. almost in awe one could suggest.

How weak. Servile.

Glad I'm not one of those folks.

Maybe if i were, and i said such things, then they'd realize how idiotic they sounded almost a decade ago while they screamed 'apology tour' over and over.

Now, whether or not this is Un playing us, or whatever.. nothing of substance in this meeting means It's nothing but an opening. And no matter what, things today are not better or worse, and so we should accept it for what it is.. a small first step. Where it goes now, this is what we see.

But we can't criticize the president over optics. They mean nothing except to weak minds who are swayed by such things.

If this does go in a meaningful direction, we're all better for it.  if this gives Un a 'seat at the table" whatever. Nukes get you a seat and a say, not a handshake.

And like it or not, he's got those. He isn't going to give them up. What we have to ascertain is his willingness to behave civilized now that he's at the table.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

25 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Remember when Obama stated he would meet with any of America’s enemies and was absolutely blasted by everyone on the right? I do. 

Do basic negotiating skills include inviting brutal dictators to the White House and giving away concessions while getting nothing in return? (See moving the embassy to Jerusalem as an example of how Trump does this piss poor negotiating)

One of Harry Trumans biggest criticisms of Eisenhower was his lack of engagement with Catro and cuba early on.  Eisenhowers `moral stand` led the world to the brink of destruction, and 70 years of absolute foolishness.  He spends an entire chapter on it in his memoir.  Trman was, of course, 100% correct

By the way, do we want to talk about Obama legitimizing cuba?  Thats right, all of the same chicken littles in this thread were cheering that on.  Yah that makes sense.

For the record i am and was for obamas opening of cuba.

2 hours ago, zoony said:

Media playing right into the hands of those who claim unfair bias and fake news, etc.  As per usual

To be frank no one should give a **** about what these people think because they are the biggest hypocrites in the entire country:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, zoony said:

One of Harry Trumans biggest criticisms of Eisenhower was his lack of engagement with Catro and cuba early on.  Eisenhowers `moral stand` led the world to the brink of destruction, and 70 years of absolute foolishness.  He spends an entire chapter on it in his memoir.  Trman was, of course, 100% correct

You don't make peace with friends. You make it with very unsavory enemies."

-Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, on his decision to recognize the Palestine Liberation Organization.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1993-09-15/news/9309150118_1_rabin-israeli-yaron-ezrahi

• Like 1

Meeting with dictators is really not that big of a deal. We’ve done photo ops with friendly authoritarian regimes for decades. 

Its the kind of silly posturing that actually prevents real diplomacy. Instead of pursuing denuclearization, we should really be looking for normalization of relations with the demand that NK slowly open up its economy and be introduced into the global market. 

Trade agreements have been the best form of diplomacy to avoid war and conflict. You will never convince a country on Earth to give up its nuclear weapons as long others around them have some.

Edited by No Excuses

36 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Trump’s Tennessee trailer park base won’t see anything wrong with this but the summit was an utter embarrassment. 

Nah we arent watching.  Monday nights are hee haw and tuesday morning are for family sex.

Its a shame we cant all be cosmopolitan citizens of the world from the likes of upper marlboro or springfield or baltimore county.  Maybe someday

:ols: :ols:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Meeting with dictators is really not that big of a deal. We’ve done photo ops with friendly authoritarian regimes for decades. 

Its the kind of silly posturing that actually prevents real diplomacy. Instead of pursuing denuclearization, we should really be looking for normalization of relations with the demand that NK slowly open up its economy and be introduced into the global market. 

Trade agreements have been the best form of diplomacy to avoid war and conflict. You will never convince a country on Earth to give up its nuclear weapons as long others around them have some.

Agreed.  Why is the overwhelming narrative interested in moral high ground all of a sudden?  Weve supported, installed, and propped up tyrannical regimes for at least 100 years.

Shutting out enemies gets nobody anywhere.  The 70 years of bull**** with cuba was stupid.  Our lack of relations with Iran is stupid.  

You made a joke about a mcdonalds in pyongyang.  Think about the kind of pressure that would put on this regime. Also, think about the pressure this meeting is putting on china.  NK has been a pawn that china has leveraged for the past 40 years to win trade and other negotiations with the west.

15 minutes ago, zoony said:

By the way, do we want to talk about Obama legitimizing cuba?  Thats right, all of the same chicken littles in this thread were cheering that on.  Yah that makes sense.

You won't find a single post form me supporting what Obama did to legitimize Cuba.  So try again.

NOBODY! is talking about OR EVER TALKED ABOUT shutting out enemies.  There is a difference between shutting people out and requiring some really BASIC pre-conditions before meeting with the President of the US.

Just because we did something in the past (supported dictators), does not mean that it is good policy.

I don't think anybody had an issue with opening an embassy in Cuba.

Edited by PeterMP

The major concern would be will NK actually give up their nukes or will US eventually normalize relations with NK without requiring disarmament.  Cotton's statement can be taken as, if you are a two bit dictator and want to be legitimized, develop nukes.  If NK gets to keep their nukes and still have normalized relations and financial access with the rest of the world, you probably open a Pandora's box with respect to non-proliferation.

• Like 1

Can't expect any more than hate from the Hateacrats I enjoy their misery.

I think it is doubtful that this effort ends in the denuclearization of NK but I would rather Trump tries this approach than a military operation to incapacitate NK's nuclear program.  We'll see where this goes but it is hard for me to imagine Kim could maintain power and give up his nukes, I think there would be a coup.  Maybe he feels secure enough or is just playing a game his military has approved.

Cotton's right, unfortunately.

He's not giving up nukes. No one does. 

If you want to be legit, develop a way to threaten everyone.

It's the only thing most humans listen to.

Post up you want to confiscate guns in America. You will immediately see the same response Un has towards denuclearinzing.

And why do they not want to give up their guns?

What is the difference, and why on earth should we expect it? It's not going to happen, period.

~Bang