Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things North Korea Thread

@DCGoldPants

Everybody ready?

14790983?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpegA

you can view this either way..  for the inevitable ****ing we're about to get, or to help you slide your head in when the missiles fly.

****ing Lindsey graham..  65 years of cease fire, ready to go back to war if nothing gets done this first time.

This is insanity.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Lindsey Graham wants Democrats to sign off on the destruction of the entire Korean Peninsula and trigger a massive refugee crisis in another part of the world. 

Another way of phrasing this tweet.

• Haha 1

This little summit is all for show.  Nothing will come out of it, other than maybe a promise for another summit.

KJU isn't going to give up his nukes.  He tries to do that and he's overthrown and probably executed.   This summit is just for PR only.

Will KKU be bold and try to take out DJT?  A little poison delivered by handshake?  

Maybe some NK mind control technique to get Donald to give up the nuclear codes?

I've come to think of NK as China's crazy junkyard dog that they keep to rattle the US.  When China wants something out of the US they give the NK junkyard dog more chain and it comes snarling out from under its porch scaring SK, Japan and the neighborhood in general and the US gets frantic calls for help.  The US issues bellicose statements and then goes hat in hand to the Chinese for help getting NK back under its porch and calmed down.  The Chinese get what the want from the US for exercising its influence and NK goes back under the porch until China needs something again.  I suspect China's fear of Trump putting tariffs up has set this latest drama in play.

With this cynical view, I'm not at all hopeful of anything fundamental or lasting coming from these talks.  I hope I am wrong but why would China want its junkyard dog tamed?  It will be interesting to see what comes of these talks, I suspect the outcome will be a series of ongoing talks with NK getting financial help from SK and China in exchange for inclusive steps towards denuclearization and Trump doesn't go all in on tariffs against the Chinese.

I'd much rather see the US give the Japanese and SK a supply of nukes to deter NK as well as China and for us to pull out of the region.  We'd then be free pursue a trade policy that benefits the US workers and not global business interests.  I will have mixed feelings if Trump achieves a partial success with NK because I fear it will come at the cost of Trump curtailing low wage Chinese goods flooding the US market.

• Like 2

Kim Jong Un developed a nuclear weapon and that got him a seat across the table of an American president. I'm still disgusted by this. 

Despite the challenge our country faces with it's current president, KJU doesn't deserve a seat at any such meeting without overwhelming concessions. I imagine Trump gets nothing out of this but a photo op, maybe some kind of tiny concession that he can parade around, and the world continues to be threatened by this loon (Un, that is...I think.) I hope that I'm wrong about this.