Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heartbreaker today will make April much sweeter

SkinsHokieFan

Stated this several weeks ago in a thread and pretty much got blasted for it, but here goes again...why people think that a #1 draft pick QB will always pan out and get you to the promise land is beyond me....was Heath Shuler, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Alex Smith and countless others? there are far more of those type of QB's then there are Peyton, Eli, Philip Rivers and others....as someone stated above..this team is far away from winning then just a rookie QB drafted in the 1st round in the top 5.....

We have a young D, tons of cap room, and 18 picks in the next two drafts. 18! That might be more than we had in all of Cerrato's time here.

And we found some solid guys in last year's draft. They just got hurt.

There is at least some reason for optimism.

Imo if Newton and Locker were in this current draft class they would be at the top of the class.

And I said this before Newton took a snap this season.

But I guess it depends on how you view QB evaluation.

Do you draft for talent or polish/finish?

This years crop has more polish then last years, but last years had talent to spare.

I think last years crops had guys with elite arm strength and playmaking that isn't matched by this years class.

And to be clear I'm not saying this is a bad class, I'm not saying that at all.

But, I believe the perception of last years class ,largely driven by the negative view of Newton, didn't match their ability and their early success is imo a testament to this.

Stated this several weeks ago in a thread and pretty much got blasted for it, but here goes again...why people think that a #1 draft pick QB will always pan out and get you to the promise land is beyond me....was Heath Shuler, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Alex Smith and countless others? there are far more of those type of QB's then there are Peyton, Eli, Philip Rivers and others....as someone stated above..this team id far away from winning then just a rookie QB drafted in the 1st round in the top 5.....

Because its not 1985 anymore. This is a QB driven NFL.

Not all QBs will be stars. However having that number 2 pick gives us many options, which we as a franchise have NEVER had.

But lets enjoy being 6-10 to 8-8 every year. Its just a blast.

This about somes up how I feel about it....

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast

Redskins aren't packing it in

Professional athletes don't quit on seasons, and they don't concern themselves with their team's draft position in November. If I were a Redskins fan, I believe the most important thing to me would be to know that my team was still doing its best to win every game it played. I think you saw that Sunday. The Redskins are outmanned right now. They're missing too many key starters to be a contending team. They won't be making the playoffs. They're rebuilding, and you see the progress on defense. The offense needs to be the focal point of the next offseason, starting with quarterback, and I believe it will. In the meantime, what they did today was throw a serious scare into the Cowboys, who have more talent than they do at almost every position. And I think Redskins fans would do well to remember how much fun it was right up until the disappointing end.

What a horrible moment it will be if we hear "With the #2 overall pick of the draft, the Redskins select "John Doe, LB from Bumfudge Egypt University", then we take a QB in round 3 or 4 because he might fit our system and Mike thinks he could coach him up like he did with Beck lol. Omg I would have a meltdown if that happened.

If I'm Snyder, I basically subtly warn Shanahan that if RG3 is available, he's going to be picked. In fact, if we can trade up, we're GOING to do that and get him. Period. Or he's out of a job. A QB is more important than a coach who has shown some good personnel skills but hasn't set the world on fire like a MIke SMith, whose teams don't lose back to back games.

I'm pretty sure very few at the stadium today were hoping for a loss. If they were they put on a act worthy of a Oscar while screaming their brains out. You wouldn't find smile on Redskin fans' faces anywhere when that kick missed.

RR88, the worst part about being at the games is that in most seats you have no idea whether the kick is good or not until you see the referee signal. You hear everyone going nuts and think we've won and then see the refs cross their arms......sigh!

RR88, the worst part about being at the games is that in most seats you have no idea whether the kick is good or not until you see the referee signal. You hear everyone going nuts and think we've won and then see the refs cross their arms......sigh!

I know, thought is was good as well.

We are going to have a high draft pick this year, with ALL our picks. We need to get QB in the 1st, then the 2nd maybe get an OL, and the 3rd i dunno maybe an inside backer or corner?

I think with our first a qb, with our second an OL, with our third an OL, and with our fourth maybe a ILB, then with our fifth an OL, with our sixth an OL, and with our seventh Gus Frerrotte.

I think with our first a qb, with our second an OL, with our third an OL, and with our fourth maybe a ILB, then with our fifth an OL, with our sixth an OL, and with our seventh Gus Frerrotte.

You're crazy if you don't think there should be a CB in there early! I would prefer to see 1:QB.. 2:CB ..3:RT ..4:OG and then the filler stuff. But I do like the idea of another Gus Frerotte in the later rounds and bring 2 QB's along together.

You're crazy if you don't think there should be a CB in there early! I would prefer to see 1:QB.. 2:CB ..3:RT ..4:OG and then the filler stuff. But I do like the idea of another Gus Frerotte in the later rounds and bring 2 QB's along together.

Nope. I'd be content if we went qb and then actually spent every other pick on oline. Seriously. We lack starters and depth even when totally healthy. We have a good enough defense. We have no o-line. Defense, for the few holes we have I would plug with free agency.

Never waiverd. I hoped that we would lose because we weren't going to make the playoffs this year after the Bills game. With the Browns and Phins winning, our chances just got better. We need the high draft picks to help us for next year.

You make me sick. Yes, higher draft picks COULD yeild better results for the future. However, to "hope" or "root" for the Redskins to lose??? That is a disgrace, and you should move on to another team.

People mention drafting OL help but who is getting replaced. Kory L will come back since he is shanny's boy. pretty much the only one to replace is Will M.

Who says?

Brown needs to be replaced, Lichtensteiger needs to be upgraded because you never know how he'll be after surgery, Monty has nothing locked down if a better C becomes available.

On top of that, there's something known in the league as depth. Just because we don't have any doesn't mean that the concept doesn't exist..........

I find the people who hope we win meaningless games like in every other f'ing season past to finish 6-10 or 8-8 just as pathetic and disgraceful for their lack of foresight as others feel about us hoping the Skins lose out. Clearly...YMMV

I don't know about anybody else, but after another weird week for me, a skins win would've made it a little better. Long-term, the skins situation is going to work itself out no matter how I feel about the weekly out come. So I just take it one game at a time, hope for the best, enjoy myself, and get ready for next week when it's all said and done. I can't sit there and watch each game like a madden simulation that hurts my chances of collecting trophies with every victory.

If that makes me disgraceful and pathetic, so be it, but I still have my fan card. You should snip yours in half. In all honesty, I don't feel anyone that can consistently week in and week out root against their team is a fan of said team. Quit it with the name calling and go back to your XBox live fantasy world...

I find the people who hope we win meaningless games like in every other f'ing season past to finish 6-10 or 8-8 just as pathetic and disgraceful for their lack of foresight as others feel about us hoping the Skins lose out. Clearly...YMMV

youre still young. years of losing- and not having a legit QB- makes you think about next season a little sooner as the bad seasons pile up.

Archived