Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heartbreaker today will make April much sweeter

SkinsHokieFan

i just saw some punk cowboys fans celebrating as the ball went through the uprights. i also saw an 8 year old kid taunting the camera with his cowboys jersey. stupid little brat.

i hate the cowboys and i especially hate their fans. i never will be ok with losing to them.

Were you watching on TV or at the stadium? Watching the cowboy fans around me celebrate Gano's miss and the winning FG made me sick.

Don't bother.

We are going to be a damn good football team. In part because of the struggles this year. But man, the foundation we have built and can potentially further build is going to be sweet

Another draft or two like this past offseason (with a stable coaching staff and FO), and I think this team will be a contender.

I was conflicted the entire day sitting in the stands, wanting the team to pull off the victory but also remembering that its just hurting our draft position in a season that is already totally lost.

The guys on 106.7 were all whiny and mad as I listened on my drive home. One guy said he would rather watch the team lose 35-0 than to see them get so close and fail. Really? I would much, much rather see some positives in a team with a bunch of starters on IR, with no QB and no O-Line against a division rival who is playing to stay in playoff contention than watch a team pathetically slither their way to 3-13. I wouldn't mind if we lost the rest of the games this season in the exact same fashion as today. Give us some positives for next season, give us draft position to make next season a little bit better.

whats gonna be the most funny, is IF our rookie QB succeeds early on, people are gonna try and pretend the oline is some awesome unit now and that it being way improved is why our QB is so awesome. and how if we had kept rex or beck or campbell and put them behind the current oline, theyd be doing just as well.

somebody save this post, cause its coming 100% guaranteed.

I worry the redskins, if they get the second overall pick, will go after luck. Just have this gut feeling after being a redskins fan all my life, shanny will feel pressure and make a move for luck. Watching the great talent coming out of college this season, hopefully they don't trade anything and just stick to picking the second best option at QB in April.

I worry the redskins, if they get the second overall pick, will go after luck. Just have this gut feeling after being a redskins fan all my life, shanny will feel pressure and make a move for luck. Watching the great talent coming out of college this season, hopefully they don't trade anything and just stick to picking the second best option at QB in April.

id assume at this point luck is all but spoken for in indy, however it depends on what we'd have to give up. im ok with dealing picks for him but not a million of them.

It won't cost nearly as much as people thought it would (to move up for Luck)

The Colts won't have the leverage people think they will have

It won't cost nearly as much as people thought it would (to move up for Luck)

The Colts won't have the leverage people think they will have

I'm hoping luck pulls an Eli and we'll get some leverage. But Colts would be stupid to trade away luck, unless its for an insanely great deal.

I'm hoping luck pulls an Eli and we'll get some leverage. But Colts would be stupid to trade away luck, unless its for an insanely great deal.

Read the article in my sig.

IF Manning is healthy, Luck and Manning won't both be playing for the Colts next year. And the NFL GM's will quickly figure this out

I'll tell you what....Luck is a great QB....BUT, is he REALLY that much better than Barkley or Griffin?? I say NO!! There are AT LEAST 4 very good QB's in Luck, Barkley, Griffin III and Jones. We will get 1 of the 4, guaranteed, and will be in good hands with any of them. No need to trade away ANY picks. Take who's there and continue to build this team!!!!

I'll tell you what....Luck is a great QB....BUT, is he REALLY that much better than Barkley or Griffin?? I say NO!! There are AT LEAST 4 very good QB's in Luck, Barkley, Griffin III and Jones. We will get 1 of the 4, guaranteed, and will be in good hands with any of them. No need to trade away ANY picks. Take who's there and continue to build this team!!!!

I am coming around to this line of thought also.

Is Luck worth more then RG3/Barkley+draft picks saved

The guys on 106.7 were all whiny and mad as I listened on my drive home. One guy said he would rather watch the team lose 35-0 than to see them get so close and fail. Really? I would much, much rather see some positives in a team with a bunch of starters on IR, with no QB and no O-Line against a division rival who is playing to stay in playoff contention than watch a team pathetically slither their way to 3-13. I wouldn't mind if we lost the rest of the games this season in the exact same fashion as today. Give us some positives for next season, give us draft position to make next season a little bit better.

Exactly why I can't listen to 106.7, most of the callers are idiots. Only a dumb ass would have wished the Cowboys beat the Skins 35-0 today, because that would mean a lot of things.

1.)The team has given up

2.)There is even less talent on the team than we think

3.)There may not be much hope for 2012 and beyond.

I hate talking about Moral victories, but the truth is the Redskins showed the fans a lot today. We are several pieces away from being a legit contender, but it's not going to take as long as some people think. 2012 is our year to get all the pieces in place and moving in the same direction.

2013 is our year to make a run, and this coaching staff is going to be the ones getting us there. I believe in them.

Exactly why I can't listen to 106.7, most of the callers are idiots. Only a dumb ass would have wished the Cowboys beat the Skins 35-0 today, because that would mean a lot of things.

1.)The team has given up

2.)There is even less talent on the team than we think

3.)There may not be much hope for 2012 and beyond.

I hate talking about Moral victories, but the truth is the Redskins showed the fans a lot today. We are several pieces away from being a legit contender, but it's not going to take as long as some people think. 2012 is our year to get all the pieces in place and moving in the same direction.

2013 is our year to make a run, and this coaching staff is going to be the ones getting us there. I believe in them.

if we hit on the rookie QB, shore up the Oline a little, and get some secondary help, this team is right there. hopefully this next draft is where it all starts.

Point blank; the Redskins DESPERATELY NEED a young, franchise caliber QB which will be satisfied in the 2012 draft. Beating the Cowboys today would have mean't absolutely NOTHING to me. I'd rather we beat them in the future with a competitive upstart team and our FRANCHISE QB at the helm. Until then.......3-13 all the way!!!!

Today's outcome was sort of perfect: we played hard, got a lot of playing time for young players, and except for Trent Williams' injury, I think we got through it unscathed. I want our draft picks as high as possible, and even then, I hope we trade down and stockpile some extra picks. We need to continue the roster overhaul and develop young talent.

It was a weird game for me. I was expecting a Skins loss so as the scores of the other games were shown all I thought about was how the Skins would move up the draft list with a loss. Then they made a real game of it and the old ( normal) fan juices started and I was excited about possibly winning the game. The sad thing is when we lost I didn't feel a moment of sting. I shrug my shoulders and went back to thinking about draft position.

Sad that this is what rooting for this team has been reduced to.

It was a weird game for me. I was expecting a Skins loss so as the scores of the other games were shown all I thought about was how the Skins would move up the draft list with a loss. Then they made a real game of it and the old ( normal) fan juices started and I was excited about possibly winning the game. The sad thing is when we lost I didn't feel a moment of sting. I shrug my shoulders and went back to thinking about draft position.

Sad that this is what rooting for this team has been reduced to.

My experience was the same. Went from

"if there's one win I want the Redskins to get for the rest of the year this is it"

to

"eh whatever"

to

"yeah YEAH beat the cow out of those stupid boys"

to

"oh okay we're one step closer to something pretty much everyone else has but we haven't had for almost 20 years, I can live with that"

It's like a life motto of mine. Never take instant gratification over the opportunity for long term success. You'll end up the loser pretty much every time.

It was a nice effort, but we've seen these kind of efforts in previous years. In '09 Zorn had a good several-game stretch and took the undefeated Saints to OT. Gibbs' teams of course never quit. Throughout most of Spurrier's last season we were competitive until the very end when we gave up against Dallas and Philly.

But at least we should have the promise of continuity this time around. Wait until March for FA and then April to see who Shanny has in mind for a signal caller.

It's nice to see that some fans still have a macro view of this team and what it may take for us to return to dominance.

There are no guarantees. Luck could be a bust. Barkley might stink or get both his knees blown out on the first play of his career.

But you have to make an attempt at greatness.

Vince Lombardi: "In great attempts it is glorious even to fail."

You gotta take a shot.

Archived