Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heartbreaker today will make April much sweeter

SkinsHokieFan

I mean, I personally think a team should never TANK a game, but to look on the bright side of a long losing streak is totally fine with me. Sucks to lose to the cowboys but at least it's gonna get us somewhere in the future. I'm totally fine with losing every single game this season as long as the team doesn't tank intentionally lol.

I mean, I personally think a team should never TANK a game, but to look on the bright side of a long losing streak is totally fine with me. Sucks to lose to the cowboys but at least it's gonna get us somewhere in the future. I'm totally fine with losing every single game this season as long as the team doesn't tank intentionally lol.

Exactly...having a balanced outlook when your team plays youngsters and loses helps keep bad seasons tolerable.

To answer the OP, no, losing to Dallas is not sweet in any way, shape or form. Losing 6 of our last 7 to our most hated rivals is not sweet. Getting swept by them, again, is not sweet.

Draft position is a consolation prize for sucking, Good teams improve no matter where they draft. Bad teams are just bad. It is not sweet to be a bad team. It never will be.

I won't call anyone a non-fan but this thread made me throw up in my mouth a little. My God, I just hope whomever we draft with that oh- so-awesome high pick becomes the greatest thing since sliced bread. Then that may take the sting out of being Dallas' favorite little *****. Until then, I'm gonna keep on hating losing to those people. Every time it happens.

You probably got the reference, but in case you didn't or this one didn't made it across the pond, It was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0_EX5C1HdU&feature=channel_video_title

It was the best analogy I could think of (or what popped into my head), to describe how some posters were questioning your fanhood. As if they had stumbled upon this cleverly hidden poster bent on destruction of the skins - like to me that was just nonsensical.

Hence, I thought of the Shropshire Slasher.

(sorry to highjack for cartoons).

Wow. That was brilliantly quick and inventive (and TOTALLY over my ickle head ..... but I just LOVED the cartoon, thank you :) ); and I really appreciate what you did there.

Thanks man. I owe ya'. :cheers:

Hail.

Patrick ramsey. Jason Campbell, HEATH SHULER. This team doesnt need losses, it needs better talent evaluators. As u all know, each of those three were 1st rd picks, and supposed to be our future. Nope. This team has brought in numerous qbs outside of the 1st rd, also fails.

Here's the positive - shanny passed on gabbert! He would clearly have been a reach, and is lacking the upside to be an elite qb (IMO). 2011 draft is what we need more of. Character seniors, team leaders, value picks (hankerson, Helu, Jenkins). And instead of reaching on a bum qb, he took a lock of a stud in Kerrigan. If the 2012 draft is like last yrs, we'll be ok regardless of where we draft. (my argument might be different if I thought we had a shot at luck)

Every skins fan should have these as your every year goals

1. Win the superbowl

2. Win the east

3. BEAT DALLAS

Anybody remember where Brady got drafted?

Thanks for the clarification, what you say makes perfect sense. I guess we'll just have to hope they grind out a couple more wins with what's left of the season. I feel they will almost certainly take a QB if they go in front of us, Kolb's contract was a huge mistake imho.

Nah, as someone else said, SOS is the first tiebreak after record. Though the Cardinals SOS is almost as bad as ours, so we really need them to pick up a win somewhere, or at least have the teams they've played pick up a few wins.

And instead of reaching on a bum qb, he took a lock of a stud in Kerrigan. If the 2012 draft is like last yrs, we'll be ok regardless of where we draft. (my argument might be different if I thought we had a shot at luck)

This is a little bit revisionist. The only thing that made this board happy when Kerrigan was drafted was that he had a "high motor." Otherwise, he was regarded as a "safe pick" and that includes me, who loved Kerrigan and watched him a ton in college. I still didn't think he'd become as dynamic as he has, and pretty much no one else did either. He was in no way a "lock of a stud."

The Brady argument is kind of tired as well. How many 6th round QB's have won multiple Super Bowls, or even one? Is Brady the only one? One guy in the history of the NFL draft doesn't mean we should suddenly always draft our QB's late. I look over the list of Super Bowl winning QB's and aside from Brady, I see names like Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Elway, Aikman, Favre. All 1st rounders or very high 2nd rounders. Brady is an aberration and I wouldn't hitch my horse to that sort of wagon.

This is a little bit revisionist. The only thing that made this board happy when Kerrigan was drafted was that he had a "high motor." Otherwise, he was regarded as a "safe pick" and that includes me, who loved Kerrigan and watched him a ton in college. I still didn't think he'd become as dynamic as he has, and pretty much no one else did either. He was in no way a "lock of a stud."

The Brady argument is kind of tired as well. How many 6th round QB's have won multiple Super Bowls, or even one? Is Brady the only one? One guy in the history of the NFL draft doesn't mean we should suddenly always draft our QB's late. I look over the list of Super Bowl winning QB's and aside from Brady, I see names like Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Elway, Aikman, Favre. All 1st rounders or very high 2nd rounders. Brady is an aberration and I wouldn't hitch my horse to that sort of wagon.

You have conveniently forgotten to mention K Warner, F tarkenton, w moon, staubauch (unfortunately), Marino, b starr, and that one guy... What's his name...? Played for the niners...? Considered the best ever...? His name escapes me.

- maybe they didn't all win superbowls, but everyone know it takes more than just a qb. The guys listed above were all franchise qbs, which I'm sure you'll agree with, is what we all want.

As for Kerrigan, maybe 'lock' was too bold; however, what you or I or this board thinks of a prospect means absolutly NOTHING. Shanny liked what he brought to the table, and now he's up for ROY. So boom.

Now that I'm done defending myself, let me say that u missed my point entirely. The era of poor talent evaluations might be coming to a close. We had a great draft last yr, and this upcoming draft is qb rich. We don't need the number 2 pick to find our guy. We DO need to beat Dallas EVERY time we play them. How can u argue with that?

You guys do understand that the point of the draft is to help you play the games, not the other way around, right?

And what if you can't play the games well enough to have the success you want? Do you just keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results? Or do you employ the strategy of hope, and assume one day things will magically get better:ols:

Anybody remember where Brady got drafted?

This should be a bannable offense. I am really tired of hearing about where Brady was drafted. I am willing to bet that there is less than a 1% chance of drafting the next Brady -- ever. The last 6 Super Bowl Champions were lead by 1st round QBs (I am including Brees b/c he was the 31st overall pick, at the time was the 1st pick of the 2nd round, but now would be in the 1st).

It's more important now than ever.

And what if you can't play the games well enough to have the success you want? Do you just keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results? Or do you employ the strategy of hope, and assume one day things will magically get better:ols:

You mean like drafting high over and over? Plenty of teams do that.

You're either good or you're not. The front office either knows what it's doing or it doesn't.

If it doesn't, the high pick won't matter one bit.

If it does, we'll improve regardless of where we pick.

Either way, I want to beat Dallas.

You mean like drafting high over and over? Plenty of teams do that.

You're either good or you're not.

If we're not, the high pick won't matter one bit.

If we are, I want to beat Dallas.

And to be fair, our high picks were pretty damn good.

Champ- outstanding CB

Lavar- explosive LB before his knee injury took him out. Really the only thing to cheer for

Samuels- Dominant LT

Sean Taylor- was turning into Ed Reed

Laron Landry- hasn't lived up to expectations

Trent Williams- physical beast, needs to become consistant

You know what is missing in there, which would have made a huge difference the last decade?

The quarterback. You put a franchise QB on the 2005 team, and we win the Superbowl. We don't fall off in 2006, and 2007 is a much better season.

We need that QB. This draft has them, and I don't want to see us jepordize our chance to get him, nor waste picks in a trade up to get him.

Get the number 2 pick. See what options we have. Get our QB and lets rock and roll

I don't ever want to see us out of the playoff race before Thanksgiving again. I don't want to see us ever lose more then 2 games in a row for the next 15 years.

Its why Dallas/Philly/Giants have completely lapped us since Gibbs 2.0 ended. They have had far better QB play then we have

Its why Dallas/Philly/Giants have completely lapped us since Gibbs 2.0 ended. They have had far better QB play then we have

Giants - Trade up for a high draft pick

Eagles - Free Agent

Cowboys - Undrafted Rookie

A good front office doesn't need draft position to get their QB.

Giants - Trade up for a high draft pick

Eagles - Free Agent

Cowboys - Undrafted Rookie

A good front office doesn't need draft position to get their QB.

A very valid point. However, I am tired of the Carousel of Crap we've had at the position since LT broke Theisman's leg. We've had the one-year wonders: Williams in 87/88, Ryp in 91/92, Johnson in 99 -- but for the better part of 30 years we've been just a complete show at the most important position. Time for that to end. I don't want to take any chances.

I said at the beginning of this season, the worst thing we could have done was finish 7-9, 8-8 on the backs of fading veterans or one-year wonders. The worst thing we could have done is do was Buffalo is doing. They will probably finish 8-8 on the back of a good season by Fitzpatrick. One not likely to be repeated.

We've been lapped by the NFC East for other reasons than just our QB play, but your point is that they've had consistent QB play and we have not and that's right. McNabb/Vick; Romo sits to pee; Manning. We also have had a roster depleted by awful personnel decisions by Vinny and the owner, but the QB fiascoes have made things worse.

As long as we draft in the top 10, we can get our guy with that pick or we can trade up if absolutely necessary, although I'd rather not give away picks that we desperately need for holes and for O-line depth. But for the first time, I'd be OK with trading up to grab a top 5-QB if needed.

Point is, winning a few games is not going to absolutely kill us. With this deep QB draft, other poor teams not needing QBs, and us having a full slate of picks, we are well-positioned to grab someone good as long as we are in top half of draft.

Archived