Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heartbreaker today will make April much sweeter

SkinsHokieFan

A win now is like most people getting tattoo's.

It looks so pretty now, but regrets a many later.

I enjoyed watching that game. It would've been nice to win, but the loss was easier to take looking at the big picture and I don't give a **** if someone questions my "fanhood." I piss B&G.

A win now is like most people getting tattoo's.

It looks so pretty now, but regrets a many later.

I enjoyed watching that game. It would've been nice to win, but the loss was easier to take looking at the big picture and I don't give a **** if someone questions my "fanhood." I piss B&G.

I thought it was bleed burgundy and piss gold :) Redskins fans are the only humans.

Do you really think this is actually going to help this team by drafting a high draft pick? How? We need the #1 overall pick in order for us to have a chance at picking from anyone in the draft. So here is where I inject a possible bump in the hopefuls of the said scenario. This team has been here before where it looked like they were going to get a high draft pick and get the guy everyone thinks that will turn this franchise around . Then it happens. They win a few games because they really don't matter because they are already out of the playoff picture so a few wins won't hurt and the team wants to build on next year. This scenario has played out every year for the last 4 or 5 years and we end up picking out of the top 5 where you need to be to guarantee a quality QB. So we will finish 5-10 and will be picking somewhere between 8 and 15 with nop chance to get a QB that anyone would like. I don't see us winning another game but we do have Seattle and Minnesota left which are the only two good possibilities we have left.

Every win now costs the team more in the future.

But - I freaking hate Dallas. I hate Romo sits to pee. I REALLY Hate that greasy haired choad Rob Ryan, I hate the TV producer that continues to show his ugly face on every Defensive play.... I hate the moose. I hate Gano but if he would have made that FG I would love him... I hate that the Skins are just in the loser zone now... I hate that to get a better pick in the draft the team likely has to go 1-5 in the division, again.

Above all I hate losing to Dallas. This sucks.

Do you really think this is actually going to help this team by drafting a high draft pick? How? We need the #1 overall pick in order for us to have a chance at picking from anyone in the draft. So here is where I inject a possible bump in the hopefuls of the said scenario. This team has been here before where it looked like they were going to get a high draft pick and get the guy everyone thinks that will turn this franchise around . Then it happens. They win a few games because they really don't matter because they are already out of the playoff picture so a few wins won't hurt and the team wants to build on next year. This scenario has played out every year for the last 4 or 5 years and we end up picking out of the top 5 where you need to be to guarantee a quality QB. So we will finish 5-10 and will be picking somewhere between 8 and 15 with nop chance to get a QB that anyone would like. I don't see us winning another game but we do have Seattle and Minnesota left which are the only two good possibilities we have left.

We do not need the number one pick this year. Every draft is different. Skins just need a top 5 pick to be in a good position for this draft IMHO. The reason why you do this is simple, you have a better chance at a good player. Like I said above, there are no guarantees. All of the first rounders could stink or get hurt. Part of life, part of football.

You still have to try, though. You don't pass on Barkley or Jones simply because the last USC or Oklahoma QB stunk. You don't pass on someone because of what happened in last years draft. You put your best foot forward and try to acquire the best talent for your team that fits within your program. That's it. Busts happen, injuries happen.

You don't pass on Barkley or Jones simply because the last USC or Oklahoma QB stunk. You don't pass on someone because of what happened in last years draft.

This is true. Sometimes I'm guilty for judging a QB based on his school and how other QBs from the same school turned out. This is flawed because Cam Newton came from Auburn, just like Jason Campbell and it's now obvious that Newton will most likely be a much better player in the NFL. The same goes for Aaron Rodgers. Teams could have easily passed on Aaron Rodgers because he came from the same school as Kyle Boller.

so 6 in a row. 7 in a row is the current modern NFL record for this franchise stemming back from 1998 and from 1994. we havent lost 8 in a row since 1961 i think.

i personally think we get to 9. i dont see us getting past seattle who is playing extremely hard (and we always have issues with scrambling QBs, plus playing in seattle is a nightmare) then we come home for jets and pats. after the pats game i think we're sitting at 3-10.

Neither team needs a QB. However, both will win more games than us at the end of the season.
Agreed, actually I can see the Vikes taking a QB if they think one of this years crop is better. Panthers will not however. We have to keep pace with all the bad teams because even if say Vikes or Panthers get #2 pick...my worry is that another team needing a QB will trade up. Sure the Skins can trade up too, but I don't want them giving up a lot to make that move. Just best to get the #2 pick and not worry about it.

Agreed, actually I can see the Vikes taking a QB if they think one of this years crop is better. Panthers will not however. We have to keep pace with all the bad teams because even if say Vikes or Panthers get #2 pick...my worry is that another team needing a QB will trade up. Sure the Skins can trade up too, but I don't want them giving up a lot to make that move. Just best to get the #2 pick and not worry about it.

Minny won't take a QB. No chance.

Really only have to worry about the Colts, Dolphins, and Seahawks.

Minny won't take a QB. No chance.

Really only have to worry about the Colts, Dolphins, and Seahawks.

yup, and the seahawks will jump ahead of us this week, and the dolphins are on fire right now.

we should have a crack at any QB we want outside of luck at this point, unless luck pulls a manning which im 100% fine with. i wouldnt wanna follow peyton manning in indy either.

As much as I wanted to beat Dallas, I can't help but think that yesterday's game went as perfectly as possible in terms of the future. It was a hell of a game. We played tough, showed life on offense, took it to overtime, and still maintained good draft position.

While we "may" not get the #2 slot, if you look at who we've played this year that is also in contention, our odds are looking really good of finishing in the top 4 slots. Among the teams with worse records than us right now you have the Colts (who are an almost certain lock to get #1 and the Rams (who won't draft a QB anyway), then Minnesota (who "may" not draft one as they develop Ponder, their first rounder from this past draft), the Panthers (who fortunately, also don't need a QB with Newton newly on board and then the Cards (who almost certainly will draft one after they've put Kolb's contact into the shredder). The positive to take away from this is the Cards 'potentially' have more wins they may attain before the end of the year (by virtue of a watered down NFC West division). If my math is correct and the season ends and we have identical records, the Cards would still draft in front of us because we beat them early in the year (someone correct if I am wrong on this count). We REALLLLLLY need a franchise signal caller at this point, I'm so tired of watching this crappy product we put on the field each year. Our defense deserves it! Dammit, we deserve it as fans. I hate to say it but for the first time ever I want us to tank all our remaning games. Losing to Seattle and Minnesota later this year will just help our cause in the event we end the season tied with those teams. What say you? *just noticed I missed accounting for the Jags but they also should be able to pick up a win or two before 2011 is done.

If my math is correct and the season ends and we have identical records, the Cards would still draft in front of us because we beat them early in the year (someone correct if I am wrong on this count).

I believe tiebreakers for draft order revolve around strength of schedule (SOS) rather than head to head matchups.

Therefore, this may or may not be true (not sure what the Cards' SOS is vs. ours).

I believe tiebreakers for draft order revolve around strength of schedule (SOS) rather than head to head matchups.

Therefore, this may or may not be true (not sure what the Cards' SOS is vs. ours).

Thanks for the clarification, what you say makes perfect sense. I guess we'll just have to hope they grind out a couple more wins with what's left of the season. I feel they will almost certainly take a QB if they go in front of us, Kolb's contract was a huge mistake imho.

I say old chap, beastly weather we're having, what?

HA!

Deny it IF you dare AND deny too that you're the Shropshire Slasher! :)

L'pool dialect

You probably got the reference, but in case you didn't or this one didn't made it across the pond, It was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0_EX5C1HdU&feature=channel_video_title

It was the best analogy I could think of (or what popped into my head), to describe how some posters were questioning your fanhood. As if they had stumbled upon this cleverly hidden poster bent on destruction of the skins - like to me that was just nonsensical.

Hence, I thought of the Shropshire Slasher.

(sorry to highjack for cartoons).

Never waiverd. I hoped that we would lose because we weren't going to make the playoffs this year after the Bills game. With the Browns and Phins winning, our chances just got better. We need the high draft picks to help us for next year.

I agree completely. One loss today = Higher Draft Pick in April = Franchise QB

Archived