Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heartbreaker today will make April much sweeter

SkinsHokieFan

I'm not upset at all. I saw exactly what I wanted to see. A tough, hard fought, entertaining game that we lost to help our draft position. Wins don't mean anything right now. Come April when Barkley/Griffin/Jones is hoisting a Redskins jersey we'll be glad we took this loss.

I can never openly admit that I'm glad to take a loss to the Cowboys. Ever. Not for any reason.

I did not see the game today because I couldn't bare to see the Skins lose badly to those clown, but as I saw the scoreboard changing thru-out the game, I was happy. Not necessarily because I thought we would win, but because it wasn't 21-0 or worse. It looks like they put up a good fight today & even though we lost, I'm not upset.

I don't know about anybody else, but after another weird week for me, a skins win would've made it a little better. Long-term, the skins situation is going to work itself out no matter how I feel about the weekly out come. So I just take it one game at a time, hope for the best, enjoy myself, and get ready for next week when it's all said and done. I can't sit there and watch each game like a madden simulation that hurts my chances of collecting trophies with every victory.

If that makes me disgraceful and pathetic, so be it, but I still have my fan card. You should snip yours in half. In all honesty, I don't feel anyone that can consistently week in and week out root against their team is a fan of said team. Quit it with the name calling and go back to your XBox live fantasy world...

I was replying to someone who called those of us hoping to lose out "pathetic and disgraceful."

As for the rest, :rolleyes:

Nope. I'd be content if we went qb and then actually spent every other pick on oline. Seriously. We lack starters and depth even when totally healthy. We have a good enough defense. We have no o-line. Defense, for the few holes we have I would plug with free agency.

And how many linemen are you planning to carry on your 53 man roster next year? We won't have room for a sea of change and when all is said and done, we'll have 2 maybe 3 new faces on the 53. So most of your draft picks would be wasted.

I was replying to someone who called those of us hoping to lose out "pathetic and disgraceful."

As for the rest, :rolleyes:

Whatever.

You said something that I felt was directed at me and pissed me off. Chose your words more wisely next time if you don't wanna get called out for it...

Whatever.

You said something that I felt was directed at me and pissed me off. Chose your words more wisely next time if you don't wanna get called out for it...

Pretty funny for someone who uses phrases like "living in an XBox live fantasy world" or whatever.

I'm sorry that I believe drafting a franchise QB and having high picks throughout the rest of the draft will, in fact, make me happier than a random win over Dallas in the middle of a historically bad season/era.

This thread and the other 21 like it all suck ass.

Yeah...silver linings are dumb, right?

What's wrong with looking at the bright side of a tough loss to a hated rival? Even the OP admitted that he, like the rest of us, got caught up in the excitement of this nice effort by our guys. That should show you that we all want the same thing...we all just have different opinions on how that should or could happen.

When did I say silver linings suck ass?

I was speaking about this particular thread.

And the dozen or so just like it. And the one to be posted next week.

They all suck ass.

These threads don't "look the bright side."

At this point, they only exist to gloat over losing, and to rub salt into the wounds of people who don't take the same unbridled glee in redskins losses that certain masochists do.

This is why they suck ass. They are mean, unpleasant, and ugly, and ONE of them is just fine. I don't see why we need 4 new ones a week.

I've been a diehard skins fan since I was a young boy. I HATE the Cowboys. But I was happy that we lost. I enjoy wins vs. the Cowboys. It's all about the greater good though. I want my beloved team to be relevant again far more than I wanted this win today. This win would have hurt our chances of getting one of these top QB's in April. Thus hurting our chances at becoming relevant again. Rip me if you will for feeling this way. But I love the Redskins and I'm hurting so bad from the last 18 years of failure. We need a top 5 pick in this draft. And unfortunately winning games, even if it is against a hated rival, will not get us to that goal.

No, I would take the win. I will always take the win over a loss. Especially a win over the Cowboys. Considering the quality of QB's that should've be available; we should find a a franchise QB in the Top 10 and since we will be drafting the top 10 of each round; we should find quality players if Shanny drafts right.

Also, we are not going to finish 2nd. There are 3 teams with 2 wins: Panthers, Vikings and Rams and they should all finish with a worse record then the Skins.

Also, we are not going to finish 2nd. There are 3 teams with 2 wins: Panthers, Vikings and Rams and they should all finish with a worse record then the Skins.

But all three have taken QBs near the top of the first round in the past 2 years. That position shouldn't be a need for them.

But all three have taken QBs near the top of the first round in the past 2 years. That position shouldn't be a need for them.

They may trade the pick then to a team that does need a qb. That would be the danger of this draft: how much will it cost to move up if the team feels the guy they want wont slip down...

RR88, the worst part about being at the games is that in most seats you have no idea whether the kick is good or not until you see the referee signal. You hear everyone going nuts and think we've won and then see the refs cross their arms......sigh!

I couldn't tell since I was lined up with the uprights almost. I thought it made it. I was worried after the ref stopping the game for the lock and then the freeze though. I wish Shanahan hadn't called that TO before the last kick. Maybe those 5 yards would have done something.

Archived